Welcome!

Be sure to register in order to take full advantage of all of the awesome features this forum has!

Photo
- - - - -

Hereford Veterans Breakfast Club

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ubique

Ubique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationWhere Right and Glory lead.

Posted 17 March 2017

This Breakfast Club starts on Saturday 1st April 2017 - the club dies have a Facebook Group - image.jpeg

Edited by Ubique, 17 March 2017 .

Sir Winston Churchill-
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life".

#2 Jango1969

Jango1969

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationHerefordshire

Posted 19 March 2017

Probably see you there Ubique.  Hopefully get fried bread.

#3 Ubique

Ubique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 19 March 2017

Sounds a good idea - have to speak to the Organiser - haven't had fried bread for years .
Looking forward to meeting up .
Sir Winston Churchill-
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life".

#4 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationBobblestock

Posted 20 March 2017

Ubique, I thought I saw this advertised at being held at the Richmond Club.

#5 Ubique

Ubique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 March 2017

Ubique, I thought I saw this advertised at being held at the Richmond Club.

Yes Slim , initially it was - then the Club said that all attendees must be members of the Ruchmond Club - including all the hoops that must be jumped through to become members so the Organiser decided to change the location after a lot n of research / enquiries to Gilbys .
This Breakfast Club is part of a National Chain of Vets Breakfast Clubs - there are no subscriptions or fees by attendees except to purchase your breakfast .

Starts on Saturday 1st April .
Sir Winston Churchill-

#6 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationBobblestock

Posted 20 March 2017

Thanks for that, I would have looked a complete idiot on my own at the Richmond Club. I presume the Management will allow ex- submariners in? I scrub up fairly well!

#7 Ubique

Ubique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 March 2017

I can understand why you call yourself Slim - should think it's one of many requirements of being a submariner .
Hopefully meet up there- I suggest that if you can you go onto the Hereford Vets Breakfast Club Facebook group so that the Orhamiser Lynne Goodwin can " approve " you - at other Breakfast Clubs a number have attended with beige coloured beret and medals covering WW2 through to Afghan- if you get my drift .
Sir Winston Churchill-

#8 Aylestone Voice

Aylestone Voice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 20 March 2017

I can understand why you call yourself Slim - should think it's one of many requirements of being a submariner .
Hopefully meet up there- I suggest that if you can you go onto the Hereford Vets Breakfast Club Facebook group so that the Orhamiser Lynne Goodwin can " approve " you - at other Breakfast Clubs a number have attended with beige coloured beret and medals covering WW2 through to Afghan- if you get my drift .

Subtle!

#9 Ubique

Ubique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 March 2017

This guy wearing medals from WW2 , Korea , Falklands plus a foreign medal plus of course that renown beret image.jpeg
They traced him , he appeared in Court and received a Community Order

Edited by Ubique, 20 March 2017 .

Sir Winston Churchill-

#10 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationBobblestock

Posted 20 March 2017

Ubique, thanks for the explanation of my nickname - you are way off. As for being vetted, I'm afraid I'm not a member of the great club "Faceache" or "twatter". I,ll just turn up with my RNA membership card. OK?

Edited by Slim, 20 March 2017 .

#11 Ubique

Ubique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 March 2017

Ubique, thanks for the explanation of my nickname - you are way off. As for being vetted, I'm afraid I'm not a member of the great club "Faceache" or "twatter". I,ll just turn up with my RNA membership card. OK?

Guess that's OK - if some very large Bouncer declines you entry tell them the code word UBIQUE ! ( that will frighten him because Gunners are your best friend and worse enemy ! )
Sir Winston Churchill-

#12 Ubique

Ubique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 09 August 2017

The next meeting of the Hereford Armed Forces and Veterans Breakfast Club will be held on the 19th August - then every two weeks.

As from this date the Breakfast Club will be held at The Imperial , Widemarsh St , Hereford from 0930.

Message me if you require further info .image.jpeg

Edited by Ubique, 09 August 2017 .

Sir Winston Churchill-

#13 Steve Major

Steve Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 August 2017

The next meeting of the Hereford Armed Forces and Veterans Breakfast Club will be held on the 19th August - then every two weeks.

As from this date the Breakfast Club will be held at The Imperial , Widemarsh St , Hereford from 0930.

Message me if you require further info .attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

What is on the menu?  :tongue_32:

#14 Ubique

Ubique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 August 2017

What's on the menu .....

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

Edited by Ubique, 10 August 2017 .

Sir Winston Churchill-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users