HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCIL WEBSITE DOWN

Ubique

Just checked and " Welcome to our new website " ! Greeted me. ,

If it is new just appears to be the wrong time to change it , thought that it would have been best during the night - but what do I know - perhaps I missed the information stating that the website would be down before it happened ?

2.58pm - still offline, but now we have the rubbish 'rebranding' logo. Their facebroke page says 'we are moving across to our new website it should be back up and running shortly' - that was an hour ago - how long is shortly?

That brings up that well known reply from the film Airplane - " Don't call me Shortly "

( Apologies , couldn't resist it )

I really don't like the new logo. It is not attractive, not friendly. What was supposed to be wrong with the green apple?

We'll never know. Nor will we know the true cost of the new one. We do know it won't make a jot of difference, save to leave us even poorer.

As British Airways found when it changed its plane tailfins, while a rebrand can breathe new life into a company it can all go horribly wrong if it isn't embraced by customers. http://www.businesszone.co.uk/branding-disasters-the-rebranding-of-british-airways

That's spooky- I can get onto the Council website.

My problem is them accepting that I have paid my January Council Tax . I alway pay monthly and luckily save the receipts - they have a copy of the January receipt but after 9 days have not had the decency to apologise and agreed that Jan payment was paid. ( I only found out that they had no record of my Jan payment when I went to pay Febs dues - their amount outstanding was more that what I thought it should be )

Well that is very interesting Ubique - I thought no more of what I read on Facebook this morning until now.  Quite few people who opted to pay over 10 months their  Council Tax have been charged Council Tax for Feb which  in theory should be a free month.

I think you will see in my post that I just wondered if there is more to this than meets the eye.  I think there is.  

Please most companies have a back up system - this is very odd indeed

Just wasted 40 minutes trying to submit a pre-app - twice - jumped through all the hoops, pressed the submit... and ... nothing. Filled in the contact form to complain, pressed the submit... and ... nothing

So, we've no doubt paid spacecraft digital a small fortune and they've jumped in saying "We are experts in understanding your organisation and helping you realise your desired outcomes. That’s our commitment, our passion." Yeah, right.

We are all doomed ! From FB posted 1115 today

Hereford Town Hall office and Shire Hall are currently without communications.

If you wish to register a birth, death or marriage, please contact Leominster (01432 261555) or Ross-on-Wye (01432 260854) registration services between 10am and 2pm.

That is outrages - they are going on about Central Govt is not giving them the money for Child Social Service etc plus Care for Elderly , bus routes being cut etc.and they , that is Herefordshire CC spending £260000 on upgrading a website which to my mind worked perfectly well. - I guess that someone or the secret Cabinet authorised this expenditure . This expenditure is going to bit them just below their rear waist !

They ain't leading us to the promised land ... As Bobby 47 would say " We are doomed "

How do 'they' manage to do this sort of thing over and over again? Well, it's all relatively easy. You take the ideology of Common Purpose, use LinkedIn and your many other contacts hoovered up after years of playing the public service game and then, and this is the crucial piece of the game, you take a 'suit' and place him or her in charge of the procurement of the IT software.

Importantly but easily guaranteed, that suit must have and will have reached his or her own personal level on incompetence several pay grades below where they actually are now, ensuring that when they sit down and negotiate with the private sector suit the disadvantage and unfairness of this fiscal encounter can easily and profitably be exploited at a huge cost to us the paying public.

The result? On behalf of the people, the Council acquire a hugely expensive piece of software that doesn't work, will never work and no matter how much money you throw at it thereafter, and it's guaranteed they will, the software cannot work because the procurement process was founded upon the Council purchasing and installing the exact bit of kit that they shouldn't have acquired in the first place.

Then, and this is the sugary bit for the private sector, they've steered the Council to sign up to a contract with a friendly company who agree to pop in from time to time at a hugely inflated cost to iron out any birthing problems that over a period of several years turn out to be extremely harsh and frequently regular birthing problems that then alert some other 'suit' to the fact that perhaps, just perhaps, collectively, they've managed to repeat the mistake they've made on several other separate occasions and acquitted a bit of kit they never needed in the first bloody place.

And round and round it goes!

How much!!

This is an obscene amount of money to spend on a website! I would of questions it had it of been £60k but quarter of a £Million pounds?

I know quite a bit about websites having run several for over 20 years and I cannot believe this figure, I thought the council had no money?

They cannot afford to maintain the grass, tree's and bushes in our close but they can find £260k, this is unreal it really is.