Refugees from Syria set homeless man on fire in Berlin!

Paul Jones

Another vile attack in Germany!

German police confirmed on Tuesday that six young men had turned themselves in over a suspected attempt on Christmas Eve to set a homeless man on fire in the German capital. The development came just a day after police released images and video footage of the suspects in a Berlin underground station.
"We know who the main suspect is," vice spokesman of Berlin Police Thomas Neuendorf told German broadcaster "radioeins."

Later on Tuesday, the seven suspects, who are all aged between 15 and 21, were charged with attempted murder.

'Attempted murder'
Police had been searching for the attackers since Saturday when a group of people was seen throwing a burning object onto a 37-year-old man, setting fire to his bedding. The attack took place at the Schönleinstrasse subway stop in southern Berlin, on the border of the Kreuzberg and Neukölln districts.
Passers-by, including a train driver with a fire extinguisher, rescued the man from the flames. He was uninjured but his belongings were destroyed. German media quoting police sources reported that six of the suspects were from Syria and the seventh was from Libya.
"These days we should expect charity. Instead, we are experiencing human contempt," the state of Berlin's interior minister, Andreas Geisel, said following the attack. "I am horrified and thank all those who have courageously helped. This is true humanity."

Story

All young lads I see instead of setting homeless people on fire maybe they should be back in Syria fighting for their country like our grandparents did in WWI and WWII

Fighting for their Country which has been bombed to crap by Bashar Al Assad & his Russian mate Putin killing hundreds of thousands of men

women and children in the process.

Take it that if it was Hereford being bombed by our Government with say the help of another Country and we just had guns would you stay & fight?

I really do question these type of posts,especially on a site which is predominantly for news & stories about Hereford.
There have been hundreds of attacks on refugees & Asylum seekers in Germany why no posts about them?
Maybe you need to have a look around the web and actually see the utter horrors of what has actually been done to the Syrian people and not
just look at the very few (cleansed) news stories ie the syrian child pulled out of the rubble,washed up body of child.
PM me & I'll point you in the right direction

I really do question these type of posts,especially on a site which is predominantly for news & stories about Hereford.

There have been hundreds of attacks on refugees & Asylum seekers in Germany why no posts about them?

Maybe you need to have a look around the web and actually see the utter horrors of what has actually been done to the Syrian people and not

just look at the very few (cleansed) news stories ie the syrian child pulled out of the rubble,washed up body of child.

This story has come through on lots of media channels including those from other countries. Russia has supported the internationally recognised government of Syria since the beginning of the Syrian conflict in 2011: politically, with military aid, and since 30 September 2015 also through direct military involvement. So these men had 4 years prior to any bombing from Russia. My grandfather like many other men and woman fought for this country during the blitz and constant coming from Germany during the war, including many other people defending their own countries at the same time, so please do not start with this one!! I understand that HV is mainly for stories about Hereford but this topic like many other topics which have had nothing to do with Hereford was placed in the open forum for open debate, alongside other more 'left' topics that suit your agenda, I don't see you moaning about those topics.

ragwert you are more than content to join in other debates, so were your comments on 'just one that I plucked out' based on these so called cleansed media reports too or was that particular report okay? 

Regarding the washed up body of a child (a child's life is no more important than any other human life):

Details about the Syrian family of the three-year old boy, who drowned as they made their way to Europe from Turkey on a small dingy, began to emerge recently and some things do not add up.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Abdullah Kurdi, the little boy’s father, was living in a relatively safe area in a Turkish town for three years while working on construction sites for 50 Turkish lira (roughly $17) a day.

However, Kurdi told a Syrian radio station it was not enough to support himself and his family and he relied on his sister Tima Kurdi, who is a 20-year resident of Canada, to assist in paying the rent.

It should be noted that Tima told reporters Thursday that the family just came to Turkey last year, even though WSJ points out he came to Turkey three years ago, and his Facebook “shows pictures of the family in Istanbul crossing the Bosporus and feeding pigeons next to the famous Yeni Cami, or new mosque.â€

Tima told WSJ that their father was still in Syria and advised his son to leave Turkey and go to Europe and have his teeth fixed. Once in Europe, he was instructed to find a way to bring his entire family over from Turkey. Tima wired €1,000 ($1,100) to her brother for the trip one month ago.

According to The Ottawa Citizen, Turkey does not register thousands of Syrian Kurdish refugees in the country exit visas, as the UN does not register them as refugees. “I was trying to sponsor them, and I have my friends and my neighbours who helped me with the bank deposits, but we couldn’t get them out, and that is why they went in the boat. I was even paying rent for them in Turkey, but it is horrible the way they treat Syrians there,†Tima told The Ottawa Citizen.

Other reports say the family was fleeing Kobane in Syria, an area that ISIS attacked previously, but the WSJ report as well as others say the family wanted to leave Turkey for reasons that were not ISIS or war related.

WSJ notes that Abdullah called her just before he was due to leave Turkey, he told his sister he planned on bringing the entire family with him to Europe, claiming his wife could not support their two sons alone.

“If we go, we go all of us,†Ms. Kurdi recounted him telling her. She said she spoke to his wife last week, who told her she was scared of the water and couldn’t swim.

“I said to her, ‘I cannot push you to go. If you don’t want to go, don’t go,’†she said. “But I guess they all decided they wanted to do it all together.â€

The family boarded a 15-foot boat intended to take them from the Turkish resort town of Bodrum to the Greek Island of Kos.

According to earlier reports, the family’s application for asylum in Canada was rejected by Canada, but Canadian immigration authorities told the BBC they had no record of receiving an application for refugee status from Abdullah. Tima later admitted the asylum application for the family was never submitted.

Tragically, the boat capsized Wednesday. Twelve passengers died as a result including Abdullah’s young sons and wife. He was the only member of his family to survive, but the photo of his 3-year old drowned child on a Turkish beach made headlines across the globe.

One Australian politician blamed the father for the death of the boy when the Australian Parliament debated the refugee issue. Senator Cory Bernardi told Australia’s Parliament he was not swayed by “these emotive arguments, and in particular to characterise this as some sort of humanitarian missionâ€.

While acknowledging that the boy’s death was a tragedy, he said: “That boy and his family had lived in Turkey for three years. The money for that boy’s father to pay the people smugglers was sent from Canada.†He added, “The father sent them on that boat so the father could get dental treatment. They were in no fear, they were in no persecution and they were in no danger in Turkey.â€

ragwert you are more than content to join in other debates, so were your comments on 'just one that I plucked out' based on these so called cleansed media reports too or was that particular report okay? 

Regarding the washed up body of a child (a child's life is no more important than any other human life):

Details about the Syrian family of the three-year old boy, who drowned as they made their way to Europe from Turkey on a small dingy, began to emerge recently and some things do not add up.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Abdullah Kurdi, the little boy’s father, was living in a relatively safe area in a Turkish town for three years while working on construction sites for 50 Turkish lira (roughly $17) a day.

However, Kurdi told a Syrian radio station it was not enough to support himself and his family and he relied on his sister Tima Kurdi, who is a 20-year resident of Canada, to assist in paying the rent.

It should be noted that Tima told reporters Thursday that the family just came to Turkey last year, even though WSJ points out he came to Turkey three years ago, and his Facebook “shows pictures of the family in Istanbul crossing the Bosporus and feeding pigeons next to the famous Yeni Cami, or new mosque.â€

Tima told WSJ that their father was still in Syria and advised his son to leave Turkey and go to Europe and have his teeth fixed. Once in Europe, he was instructed to find a way to bring his entire family over from Turkey. Tima wired €1,000 ($1,100) to her brother for the trip one month ago.

According to The Ottawa Citizen, Turkey does not register thousands of Syrian Kurdish refugees in the country exit visas, as the UN does not register them as refugees. “I was trying to sponsor them, and I have my friends and my neighbours who helped me with the bank deposits, but we couldn’t get them out, and that is why they went in the boat. I was even paying rent for them in Turkey, but it is horrible the way they treat Syrians there,†Tima told The Ottawa Citizen.

Other reports say the family was fleeing Kobane in Syria, an area that ISIS attacked previously, but the WSJ report as well as others say the family wanted to leave Turkey for reasons that were not ISIS or war related.

WSJ notes that Abdullah called her just before he was due to leave Turkey, he told his sister he planned on bringing the entire family with him to Europe, claiming his wife could not support their two sons alone.

“If we go, we go all of us,†Ms. Kurdi recounted him telling her. She said she spoke to his wife last week, who told her she was scared of the water and couldn’t swim.

“I said to her, ‘I cannot push you to go. If you don’t want to go, don’t go,’†she said. “But I guess they all decided they wanted to do it all together.â€

The family boarded a 15-foot boat intended to take them from the Turkish resort town of Bodrum to the Greek Island of Kos.

According to earlier reports, the family’s application for asylum in Canada was rejected by Canada, but Canadian immigration authorities told the BBC they had no record of receiving an application for refugee status from Abdullah. Tima later admitted the asylum application for the family was never submitted.

Tragically, the boat capsized Wednesday. Twelve passengers died as a result including Abdullah’s young sons and wife. He was the only member of his family to survive, but the photo of his 3-year old drowned child on a Turkish beach made headlines across the globe.

One Australian politician blamed the father for the death of the boy when the Australian Parliament debated the refugee issue. Senator Cory Bernardi told Australia’s Parliament he was not swayed by “these emotive arguments, and in particular to characterise this as some sort of humanitarian missionâ€.

While acknowledging that the boy’s death was a tragedy, he said: “That boy and his family had lived in Turkey for three years. The money for that boy’s father to pay the people smugglers was sent from Canada.†He added, “The father sent them on that boat so the father could get dental treatment. They were in no fear, they were in no persecution and they were in no danger in Turkey.â€

One story you just picked out....That's ISIS,They need exterminating so don't start twisting stories.

And seriously you justify one story in a very long post for the hundreds of thousands murdered in Syria while we all stood by watching it happen.

One story you just picked out....That's ISIS,They need exterminating so don't start twisting stories.

And seriously you justify one story in a very long post for the hundreds of thousands murdered in Syria while we all stood by watching it happen.

Hey, I do not disagree with you but you have missed the point I was making, which is you are questioning these posts saying that HV is predominantly about Hereford, yet your happy to respond to other 'NON Hereford' topics. 

Paul, a happy New Year to you and yours. To'ther day I read a piece in one of the broadsheets. It was an offering by an Islamic scholar who made an attempt to explain why so many bad things have happened to Germany and other Schengen nations following the migration of the refugees from the Middle East and Africa.

In a nutshell, he says this. The young men are brought up in a very repressive way which forbids sex before marriage. These men, long before they arrive in the West, see western women as figures of decadence and our society is promiscuous. Many cannot reconcile the huge gulf that exists between our culture and theirs, though the vast majority do not do harm.

He says, that these vast majority of men, albeit they've been raised within the same repressive culture, all fully comprehend the difference that exists between the two cultures and are perfectly able to realise that they must change, they must work to understand these differences and they must not behave badly to a woman or do harm to another.

The problem is, he explains, is that some men, brought up within this repressive society, though understanding that they must change and adapt and shouldn't do harm, are so badly desensitised by war, violence, conflict and horror, they've become psychopathic, resulting in the unrestrained mindless acts of violence which they've acted out whilst in the West.

In short, he suggests that a tiny number of men, all brought up within a repressive society, all believing that the West is a decadent society, all affected by violence, arrive in the West, form gangs, which is common when your in a foreign place, the psychopathic damaged men lead, others follow and you've got chaos which I believe is somewhere near to what's actually happened.

Despite the terrible events, I believe it's only a very small number who've acted savagely and that the vast majority who've settled in the West have done no harm.

Paul, I'm not forwarding this for your reading with any intention of causing a fall out and I offer you my warmest regards but, like Ragwert, I believe that these people are the subject of a demonisation that fits neatly into and within our own Western personal fears of Islam and it's Muslim citizens.

Paul, a happy New Year to you and yours. To'ther day I read a piece in one of the broadsheets. It was an offering by an Islamic scholar who made an attempt to explain why so many bad things have happened to Germany and other Schengen nations following the migration of the refugees from the Middle East and Africa.

In a nutshell, he says this. The young men are brought up in a very repressive way which forbids sex before marriage. These men, long before they arrive in the West, see western women as figures of decadence and our society is promiscuous. Many cannot reconcile the huge gulf that exists between our culture and theirs, though the vast majority do not do harm.

He says, that these vast majority of men, albeit they've been raised within the same repressive culture, all fully comprehend the difference that exists between the two cultures and are perfectly able to realise that they must change, they must work to understand these differences and they must not behave badly to a woman or do harm to another.

The problem is, he explains, is that some men, brought up within this repressive society, though understanding that they must change and adapt and shouldn't do harm, are so badly desensitised by war, violence, conflict and horror, they've become psychopathic, resulting in the unrestrained mindless acts of violence which they've acted out whilst in the West.

In short, he suggests that a tiny number of men, all brought up within a repressive society, all believing that the West is a decadent society, all affected by violence, arrive in the West, form gangs, which is common when your in a foreign place, the psychopathic damaged men lead, others follow and you've got chaos which I believe is somewhere near to what's actually happened.

Despite the terrible events, I believe it's only a very small number who've acted savagely and that the vast majority who've settled in the West have done no harm.

Paul, I'm not forwarding this for your reading with any intention of causing a fall out and I offer you my warmest regards but, like Ragwert, I believe that these people are the subject of a demonisation that fits neatly into and within our own Western personal fears of Islam and it's Muslim citizens.

I can't say that I agree with this excuse that has been offered, regardless of where you are from everybody knows the difference between right and wrong, I cannot imagine for one second why a gang of youths would want to set fire to a homeless man. This anger from this repressive society would of been best used fighting for their homeland in my view. I also think there is a lot more of this kind of behaviour to come, a lot of these people simply find it difficult to live in a western society and in my view many will never mix. I hope in time things change for the better and people can live together but I think that is all dreamland stuff. Once the Syrian conflict in over then I would like to think that the majority of these people would go back to their country and help rebuild it but I suspect most will stay. 

We all have different views, so with that in mind, I would like to wish you and your family a happy new year.  :Happy_32: I have no doubt that this subject will rear its ugly head again in the future Bobby