Begging

greenknight

Well a first today for GK. In the space of fifteen minutes I was approached three times for change.That combined with chugging in High town means that I'm left with a troubled mindset.

Now I have not had the best of years but I know that if I obliged everyone that entered my eye space I would be homeless & broke within the week.

My troubled mind accepts that this scenario is set to get worse as time moves forward and more and more people slip of the edge but it's the feeling of inadequacy that leaves a scar on this troubled soul.

GK my concern is that whilst there are genuine poor ,homeless people seriously down on their luck begging in the City there may well be others who have found a very good way to earn tax free money who, at the end of the day go home to a warm house , perhaps not even in the County .

Going on from that if anybody comes across Veterans who are homeless and in need of help,and assistance guide them to the SSAFA local 24/7 helpline 01432 273932

There was a chap with a blanket sat outside the charity shop in commercial rd about 3 weeks ago on a Thursday night. I nipped into the town centre just to grab fish and chips, while there I thought about this guy and decided to buy him the same. I came out and handed the bag containing fish and chips to him and said thee you go mate enjoy and I was amazed to hear him say cheers but I would of preferred the cash because i have eaten! There is a first and last time for everything.

Two beggars that used to frequent the doorways of mr singhs shop and the Martha trust (or Marie Currie?) in commercial road, On Friday and Saturday nights. They have a flat in Hinton claim a paycheck off the state to. They go as far as carrying sleeping bags and clothes for that added effect.

Two beggars that used to frequent the doorways of mr singhs shop and the Martha trust (or Marie Currie?) in commercial road, On Friday and Saturday nights. They have a flat in Hinton claim a paycheck off the state to. They go as far as carrying sleeping bags and clothes for that added effect.

Hard to differ between genuine homeless people and scamming scum.