Finally! They Have Cut The Grass in Sydwall Road

Colin James

Well, after several conversations with Cllr Tracey Bowes and in turn conversation that she has had with other people finally, the overgrown grass in the field in Sydwall Road was cut today! BB had to use a brush cutter initially to lower the height of the grass as it was way to high for their mower to tackle. 

It was lovely to see some kids playing football again on here this afternoon.

Here are a few photographs that I managed to take while grass was being cut.

Sydwall Road.jpg

Sydwall Road 1.jpg

We do however have large bails of what looks like straw now scattered around the field but hey this is still  excellent news.

Thank you Cllr Bowes for all your help in getting this grass cut.  :Thumbs-Up:

Well done Tracy & Colin! These photos show grass can be cut, but leaving it actually makes it a bigger job than if maintained regularly.

Having come back from holiday elsewhere in the UK I am no longer a proud Herefordian as the weeds along the roadsides in town and the length of the grass in public places is nothing short of a disgrace. I hope the staff from BB might now at least take their machines and tackle the rest of the City after seeing what could be done here. Some of the worst sites are outside the Council's own offices such as the Nelson Building in Whitecross road - you would never think this is a building in use, particularly by the public authority. It has reached the point where it might be best if someone let sheep loose across the City as they might have more impact on maintaining our open spaces than Balfour Beatty!

Good Morning All

I am really pleased that the field has finally been cut as I have raised the issue with several different people and departments over recent months!

As much as I would like to think it was cut on the back of my requests, I am currently unable to establish how it happened since there is no contract currently in place to cover that piece of land.  So as much as I would love to claim the credit, I will just say I am very happy to see it has been done.

Going forward I am hoping the Parish Council will be able to add the cutting of this field to the list of jobs to be covered by the handyman or ask BBLP to add it to their list.  This will mean the Parish Council would need to pay for that service and it will obviously be dependant on the Parish Councillors agreeing to it.  However, I have asked that it be considered by them.

Also, just to let everyone know I have been chasing BBLP about the state of the edges of the brooks through the estate, that fact that they are overgrown, full of debris (including shopping trolleys) and generally pose a risk.  The grass is so tall in certain parts that people are not aware of how steep the banks are and that a brook lies underneath the grass!  The subject was discussed with BBLP during a recently meeting involving them, myself and the Parish Clerk. 

After several chases BBLP have now confirmed the edges are scheduled to be cut back and the debris removed in the near future. 

Good Morning All

I am really pleased that the field has finally been cut as I have raised the issue with several different people and departments over recent months!

As much as I would like to think it was cut on the back of my requests, I am currently unable to establish how it happened since there is no contract currently in place to cover that piece of land.  So as much as I would love to claim the credit, I will just say I am very happy to see it has been done.

Going forward I am hoping the Parish Council will be able to add the cutting of this field to the list of jobs to be covered by the handyman or ask BBLP to add it to their list.  This will mean the Parish Council would need to pay for that service and it will obviously be dependant on the Parish Councillors agreeing to it.  However, I have asked that it be considered by them.

Also, just to let everyone know I have been chasing BBLP about the state of the edges of the brooks through the estate, that fact that they are overgrown, full of debris (including shopping trolleys) and generally pose a risk.  The grass is so tall in certain parts that people are not aware of how steep the banks are and that a brook lies underneath the grass!  The subject was discussed with BBLP during a recently meeting involving them, myself and the Parish Clerk. 

After several chases BBLP have now confirmed the edges are scheduled to be cut back and the debris removed in the near future. 

Excellent work Councillor thank you for all your hard work and the updates.