Another terror attack in Germany

Paul Jones

Yet another attack in Germany

post-1038-0-49564000-1469207775_thumb.jpg

Shots have been fired at a shopping centre in the German city of Munich, according to local police.

German media is reporting that there have been multiple deaths following the shooting at the Olympia-Einkaufszentrum (OEZ) - Bavaria's largest shopping centre.

The Muencher Abendzeitung newspaper is reporting that up to 15 people have been killed in the shooting, while the German NTV says 10 people have possibly died.

A witness live-streaming from outside the mall said: "(The gunman) ran into the underground station. Police are looking for him. I don't have a description of the shooter."

An employee who is still inside the shopping centre told Reuters by phone that "many shots were fired" and they have seen at least one person with serious injuries.

People gathered around the shopping centre 

One person has been confirmed dead so far and 10 are injured, according to the AFP news agency.

There are currently no details on who was responsible for the shooting, but Munich Police are urging locals to stay in their homes as a "large police operation" is under way.

Footage from the scene appeared to show people running away to seek shelter - and there are local reports that some civilians are still trapped inside the shopping centre.

A wide area around the complex has been cordoned off.

This is the second attack in Germany in less than a week. On Monday, a 17-year-old Afghan wounded four people in an axe and knife attack on a train near the Bavarian city of Wuerzberg.

It will not end here either, mark my words

He was an asylum seeker 2 years ago, hence the dual nationality, nice way to pay back people and a country who took you in eh..

Not correct there Colin.He was born and raised in Germany.He was 18yr old Ali David Sanboly the son of a taxi driver.He had dual German Iranian citizenship been living in Munich for two years.

He shouted, "Ich bin Deutsch, scheiss Ausländer†– “I’m German, f*** foreigners†before opening fire. He had also been in psychiatric care and treated for depression.

Not correct there Colin.He was born and raised in Germany.He was 18yr old Ali David Sanboly the son of a taxi driver.He had dual German Iranian citizenship been living in Munich for two years.

He shouted, "Ich bin Deutsch, scheiss Ausländer” – “I’m German, f*** foreigners” before opening fire. He had also been in psychiatric care and treated for depression.

Yes I was referring to earlier media reports.