Fly Tipping in Hereford

Colin James

Out walking on this beautiful sunny morning and saw this eye sore! 2 mattresses just dumped on the footpath between Sydwall Road and Belmont Road, what is wrong with people? I noticed there is plastic on the one end perhaps they can grab a finger print and prosecute these vile people. 

Flytipping1.jpg

Hi

Two wheels , you beat me to it ! I saw those this morning whilst out on a test drive . I really get annoyed that folks are able to take a trip out into the country to do this but can't make the council tip which is about 1 mile away !

Regards

Pete

Pictures taken today 2nd June 2016.

As we appear to have a mattress theme running throught this post I thought I could contribute to it with this compilation of photos. All this rubbish is within 20 yards of each other behind the electricity sub station at Sherborne Close. The lampost cover was reported missing through the council website on 8th May and is still waiting to be replaced. The place is a disgrace. The black bags have been left again by the dustmen and have lain here for 2 weeks. 

Delivering the post in Hay on Wye I can say that the street cleaning and waste collection in the town is way ahead of Hereford's approach. They have had workmen out spraying weeds along the roadside kerbs prior to the Literary Festival.

post-2-0-53307000-1464854976.png

post-2-0-22102600-1464854987_thumb.png

post-2-0-45154800-1464855020_thumb.png

Not very attractive is it. As pointed out by twowheelsgood the council have a knack of running down and blighting areas so that they become derelict and no go areas. The council are hoping to become a City of Culture (should be City of Clutter) and a winner in the Britain in Bloom (should be Britain Down and Out ). If it wasn't for the volunteers this city would be a shanty town.

Unless the tippers conveniently leave their name and address in the rubbish, there's practically nothing that the Council can do. Even then, it's a struggle - I do recall a case some years ago of a massive tip out towards Pixley that I reported - evidence was found of the perpetrators and the Council did pursue a case against them which was won. The punishment was minimal. I doubt there are resources or interest within the Balfour Beatty agreement to do much than collect, if that.

Unless the tippers conveniently leave their name and address in the rubbish, there's practically nothing that the Council can do. Even then, it's a struggle - I do recall a case some years ago of a massive tip out towards Pixley that I reported - evidence was found of the perpetrators and the Council did pursue a case against them which was won. The punishment was minimal. I doubt there are resources or interest within the Balfour Beatty agreement to do much than collect, if that.

Well they are hardly going to do that are they but if your read Colin initial post there was plastic on the mattress where the police may obtain finger prints, white often you will see bags of rubbish with letters etc inside. Do they study CCTV in the surrounding area's? I just think rather than collecting this tipped rubbish more should be done to catch the culprits, nothing to do with BB this is a crime and should be treated as such.

• 1 month later...

Out walking on this beautiful sunny morning and saw this eye sore! 2 mattresses just dumped on the footpath between Sydwall Road and Belmont Road, what is wrong with people? I noticed there is plastic on the one end perhaps they can grab a finger print and prosecute these vile people. 

attachicon.gifFlytipping1.jpg

Even if they get a fingerprint the chance of it being on record is pretty slim and just because a finger print is on there it do not mean that they dumped it there. There would have to be hard proof who the mattress belonged too.

It just show what people are like and do not care about the environment they live in. But then if you get a council who do not really care, what do you expect?

• 3 weeks later...