Speed Scammers Belmont Road

Colin James

I spotted this speed camera scammer outside the Three Counties Hotel again this morning. 

Annoys me because there is no school so this is obviously pre-planned with less traffic about!

I took a few photographs of the van which was clearly not appreciated because as soon as I did and stood in view of his money making lens it suddenly moved away.

Speed Camera.jpg

First of all it is not the police!

Secondly, they have picked the ideal day to catch people out when the kids are off school and there is for once! A lot less traffic, motorists are the easy target yet again, so yes this was clearly pre-planned and in my opinion a money making scam! The driver then drove this van along the footpath path before joining the road further up, I am sure the police would have something to say if a another motorist had made the same maneover. 

I agree with Colin, this is just a money making exercise because this road is normally choc-a-bloc with traffic so they have picked a day when they know there will be a lot less traffic about and looking to catch out the easy targets possibly driving 34mph.  :Cha ching:  :Cha ching:  :Cha ching:

Ok, it's not the Police. Still don't understand how it's a scam - if they have a camera, how is it linked to the DVLC database and what are they issuing? Parking tickets on private land is one thing - this just seems plain criminal to me.

It is what the call a safety camera vehicle, camera is checking your speeds and if your over the speed limit you will receive a fine and points in the post. Big money making exercise imo too. All too easy to pick on the motorist 

It is what the call a safety camera vehicle, camera is checking your speeds and if your over the speed limit you will receive a fine and points in the post. Big money making exercise imo too. All too easy to pick on the motorist 

If it’s the Safer Roads Partnership then fine, that is the Police and that's legit. The morals of it are a different issue. The SRP website states 'The Partnership is part of West Mercia Police and is responsible for the delivery of the police’s road safety strategy.'

Colin says it's not the Police - then who is it? I still don't see how this is a scam. 

If it’s the Safer Roads Partnership then fine, that is the Police and that's legit. The morals of it are a different issue. The SRP website states 'The Partnership is part of West Mercia Police and is responsible for the delivery of the police’s road safety strategy.'

Colin says it's not the Police - then who is it? I still don't see how this is a scam. 

From what I have read and I might be wrong here but Colin thinks this is a scam because they have picked a day when they know the traffic will not be bumper to bumper, so this is not about road safety it is more about making a quick buck, once his wording SCAM.

Whilst I agree that it is a completely cynical way of making money from an easy target, if you're sticking to the speed limit there won't be any problem.

Still a quick money making exercise looking to catch out the motorists doing a few mph over the limit. They should be spending more time catching the real dangerous idiots driving at more than double the speed limit thru the city during the evening and early hours! Okay for the van driver to mount and drive along the footpath I notice.

Nice how they always seem to be oblivious to all sections of the highway code when they park up. Have seen numerous pictures of them parked on zig zag lines, pavements (causing an obstruction) etc etc.....have seen quite a few recently where people have pulled in behind them and popped their bonnet to "check a noise I heard under the bonnet/engine light came on/ran out of screenwash etc) :)

Or hang around any school at kicking out time - the standard of parking is horrendous. Anyone who has driven through Madley can appreciate the problems, parents parking right up to the junctions, with complete disregard for the highway code (no parking too close to a junction etc) they would make a fortune from fixed penalty tickets.

Try Holmer. The school has an agreement with the leisure centre to allow free parking for drop off and collection. The amount of parents who park in the Texaco garage, the bus stop and the retail park opposite is ridiculous, all because they cannot be bothered to walk 150 yards. And while I'm on a rant, the number of parents that I see crossing Holmer road,dodging in between traffic is downright stupid. Teach your child road safety! There are two Pelican crossings within 100 yards of each other, a pain for traffic but a boon for road safety. 

I'm all for the speed camera safety partnership...That's if it does what it is supposed to do,which it does not.
You never see these vehicles in built up housing areas where they are needed most instead they are placed where a quick few quid can be made.