New car parking signs Newton Farm

lpusseycat

The car park at the top of Newton Farm in Waterfield road belongs to the council, if you remember that car park was put in at the request of Cllr Edwards for the fishermen at Belmont Pools to use, also now for his country park. It was the subject of a  planning application which was was approved because Cllr Edwards told the planning dept that the residents of Waterfield road was having keys to open and close the gates.therefore it was passed on those conditions.Only to find out later the residents did not agree to open / close the gates,this all came to light when residents complained of  drug taking, drinking  and on one occasion someone was stabbed there I know this is true because I was a member of planning at the time also dealt with complaint at 4.30am when I was contacted by the police.

In regard to the other car parks behind the houses they belong to HHL, I have left a phone message for the HHL estate manager to come back to me with explanation, when I get it I will post on here!.

Glenda I don't think  they are  in the car park which you are on about, but in Pixley walk and the car park as you go round the corner and Marcle walk.There could be others as well.The car parks are always empty and there are lots of spaces so it can't be any problems with parking.The car park Cllr Edwards wanted and got is used by the residents in Waterfield road not by the people who walk round the Country Park.Most of these walk to the park and don't bring there cars.

The residents closest to the car park in Waterfield road have got car parking spaces at the back, I do Know that the people living in Kestrel road use this car park. The estates manager has come back to me and explained that the signs have been put up in Pixley Walk and Marcle close because people other than the residents living there were parking, the residents of Pixley walk and Marcle close have now been issued with permits for one car per household, the estates manager told be it will be reviewed periodically over the next 6 to 12 months.

There could be others as well.The car parks are always empty and there are lots of spaces so it can't be any problems with parking.

The estates manager has come back to me and explained that the signs have been put up in Pixley Walk and Marcle close because people other than the residents living there were parking,

I saw a FB post going on about this from a person who uses one of the car parks. She was suggesting that the car parks are never full. It seems the bureaucratic signs have gone up in order to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

The residents closest to the car park in Waterfield road have got car parking spaces at the back, I do Know that the people living in Kestrel road use this car park. The estates manager has come back to me and explained that the signs have been put up in Pixley Walk and Marcle close because people other than the residents living there were parking, the residents of Pixley walk and Marcle close have now been issued with permits for one car per household, the estates manager told be it will be reviewed periodically over the next 6 to 12 months.

ah, permits, another money spinner for the council,  people having to pay to park outside their own home.

My partner owns a property in Marcle Walk, she rents the property out. There are lockable lift up posts that have been there since the properties were built, in all fairness the residents know their spaces and tend to respect the issue. We were never approached as to whether we were happy with this, who's idea was it, or was it something else just foist upon the residents , like it or not. 

As Colin James has pointed out above you are well within your rights with these set ups to tell them where to go with their tickets. 

As Colin James has pointed out above you are well within your rights with these set ups to tell them where to go with their tickets. 

The Barry Beavis case  moved the goalposts with private company parking tickets. I've had two Corporate Services tickets in Hereford and shredded them both. Heard nothing more. But what if they issued a County Court summons for this car park on the back of the ruling I've linked to? 

Yes he was responsible for the traffic being reversed,only for it to be turn back at a great cost to the tax payers of Hereford. Also in the press he is saying he is the local parish councillor he is for the Belmont ward not for the Newton Farm ward. Why the HT says he was an ex-mayor he hasnt been mayor for around 25 years. If he wants to be in the spotlight why did he not stand for council again. I remember him giving an interview to the HT at the 2003 elections where he said he would not be standing again, as he was going before he was pushed. yet he still seeks the spotlight.