Teacher Vs Footballer

Mick

2 years suspended sentence. Meanwhile Johnson gets 6 years.

A BOY held back tears yesterday as he told how he was groomed at 15 by a teaching assistant twice his age — and made her pregnant.

He said two months of abuse “scarred him for life†and added: “I’ll never forget it.â€

The boy, who we are calling Jack to protect his identity, told his story after Berriman, 30, walked free from court, despite admitting three charges of sexual activity with a child.

Jack, now 17, said the pair did not have sex until five months into their relationship.

But from then on it was regular and “always unprotectedâ€.

He said: “The first time it happened I was sat on the couch and she put her arm over me and started kissing me.

“I started kissing her back and it just went on from there.

“It must have happened over 50 times in the space of those few months.â€

Jack believed he was in love but his world started to unravel when Berriman told him he had got her pregnant.

He said: “Stuff like that has scarred me for life.â€

The stress of the relationship led him to confide in his older brother. Jack’s mum then got wind of it and ordered him to end it or she would call cops.

But when Jack told Berriman his mum knew he said she “flipped†and attacked him.

He said Berriman, who gave him one-to-one tuition in maths and English, began grooming him in January last year after he saw her using Facebook on her phone in class.

That night Jack, who had a huge crush on Berriman, found her profile and made contact.

She was quick to reply and asked him for his mobile number so they could flirt by text.

Soon they were going on long drives into the hills around Manchester and going to her house to talk and watch TV.

He said: “We would call and text each other all the time and it got more and more into a sort of relationship.

“Then she started ringing me on weekends, asking if I was going round to hers. It slowly got more serious.â€

Berriman introduced Jack to her two-year-old girl.

He said: “It got to a point where her daughter was calling me ‘Dad’. I used to say to her ‘I’m not, I’m your mum’s friend’.â€

Recalling when Berriman realised their relationship was exposed, Jack said: “Caroline started flipping out, she started hitting me because I had told my mum.

“She was screaming and shouting saying ‘Why have you put me in this position? I’m going to lose my daughter.’ Blaming everything on me like I was in the wrong.â€

Jack tried to distance himself from her but Berriman kept texting and calling him. She then rang saying she had borrowed £20,000 from her parents so they could run away together — before turning up on Jack’s estate.

He said: “She just started crying and punching things in her car, smashing her glasses and just saying ‘please please’.â€

She drove the teenager back to her house where she carried on pleading with him.

Jack said: “She was like ‘if you don’t come it’s going to break my daughter’s heart, it’s going to break my heart, everything that I’ve risked for you’.

post-167-0-96112100-1458882737_thumb.jpg

“I said I’ve been through enough pain and abuse. I want this to end.â€

He went home and reported the abuse to Childline. She was suspended by her bosses at Abraham Moss Community School in Crumpsall, Gtr Manchester, as soon as they became aware of the allegations and is no longer employed there.

Jack has now left school and is looking for a job but is still reeling from the effects of his first real “relationshipâ€.

Last week Berriman, of Oldham, got a two-year suspended sentence and 250 hours of community work at Manchester Minshull Street crown court.

She had pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual activity with a child, and a further charge of sexual activity with a child by a person in a position of trust.

Holding back tears, Jack said: “The sentence was atrocious. If it was a man and a 15-year-old girl I’m sure the prosecution would have been harsher.â€

Berriman was unavailable for comment last night. Her dad Keith said the charges against her were “a load of b******sâ€.

This woman had full sex with the boy and also oral sex. Admitted by her. I think the footballer admitted kissing but denied finger penetration but was convicted of that. 

If you transport yourself from the real world and treat the situations totally on a level playing field (which is not the media version) then it looks like different sentencing standards are being applied. 

My personal view is that Johnson got a longer sentence because he was a high profile footballer. There was a media frenzy and a line in the sand was being drawn as a deterrent. 

I think 6 years is too long a sentence when you compare it to other similar cases where the sentence was not six years. 

This woman had full sex with the boy and also oral sex. Admitted by her. I think the footballer admitted kissing but denied finger penetration but was convicted of that. 

If you transport yourself from the real world and treat the situations totally on a level playing field (which is not the media version) then it looks like different sentencing standards are being applied. 

My personal view is that Johnson got a longer sentence because he was a high profile footballer. There was a media frenzy and a line in the sand was being drawn as a deterrent. 

I think 6 years is too long a sentence when you compare it to other similar cases where the sentence was not six years. 

I agree Roger, footballer was treated differently because of his high profile, this all appears unfair and there is no consistency here in sentencing, this inconsistency by the courts needs a complete review and overall in my opinion.

I don't have too much sympathy for Johnson he was a high profile footballer who took advantage of being in such a privileged position …I'm sure he could of had a pick of a whole host of different girls? but instead he chose a girl who was still in school why? Lucky he got got caught when he did otherwise who knows how many other under age girls could of become victims?

Thou there is a stark comparison in his sentence & that of the teaching assistant Berriman who got off without a prison sentence (was the judge male?)

I don't have too much sympathy for Johnson he was a high profile footballer who took advantage of being in such a privileged position …I'm sure he could of had a pick of a whole host of different girls? but instead he chose a girl who was still in school why? Lucky he got got caught when he did otherwise who knows how many other under age girls could of become victims?

Thou there is a stark comparison in his sentence & that of the teaching assistant Berriman who got off without a prison sentence (was the judge male?)

Personally, I think the girl played a part too, believe me some girls who are 15 can pass for 18+ so it is not always that black and white. I am not suggesting for one minute he is innocent but next year it would be legal wouldn't it? Yet he will be on the same sex offenders lists as Gary Glitter and I don't think that is right, do you?

Hello mick well she may be 16 next year but she'd only just turned 15 when Johnson started grooming her…but the fact remains she was still underage...its obviouse she played a part that of the victim…he should of know better given his age,he'd be more than aware that what he was doing is wrong,it's not as if he wasn't aware of her age either…

If he had not been caught there's ever possibility that he'd go on to do it again?…

I suppose you have to ask yourself if that was your daughter how would you feel about a guy who's 28 grooming her when she's still at school?

Hello mick well she may be 16 next year but she'd only just turned 15 when Johnson started grooming her…but the fact remains she was still underage...its obviouse she played a part that of the victim…he should of know better given his age,he'd be more than aware that what he was doing is wrong,it's not as if he wasn't aware of her age either…

If he had not been caught there's ever possibility that he'd go on to do it again?…

I suppose you have to ask yourself if that was your daughter how would you feel about a guy who's 28 grooming her when she's still at school?

I agree with you 100%, but I know at least 2 families that allow their 15 year old daughters to sleep over with their 18 year old boyfriends and visa versa because both parents agree, but thats okay?

I just do not put this guy in the same category as Gary Glitter for example. 

I just do not put this guy in the same category as Gary Glitter for example.

I agree he is no Gary Glitter & 6 years is a bit over the top I'm sure he will appeal the sentence & it should get reduce…how these individual judges work out the sentences is anyone's guess for similar crimes there seems to be a gulf between what different individuals recieve?!

You still have not said if the sentence was to harsh compared with the berriman because i think it is.Look what sentence she got for doing more.

I'm presuming this question is aim at me ipusseycat? If so see my last reply…but yes in comparison the sentencing does not make sense.