Trevenant Court at the Oval

Colin James

Thet are a mixture of one and two bedroom appartment on each floor like the ones in Beattie Ave. Also there is a rumour going round that the other 6 bungalows are going to be 2 bedroom with bathrooms instead of showers I had it confirmed this week by HHL the rumour is untrue, all bungalows are the same as the others one bedroom.

Thet are a mixture of one and two bedroom appartment on each floor like the ones in Beattie Ave. Also there is a rumour going round that the other 6 bungalows are going to be 2 bedroom with bathrooms instead of showers I had it confirmed this week by HHL the rumour is untrue, all bungalows are the same as the others one bedroom.

Bungalows with elderly with bath not shower...Not a good idea

That's the alfresco lift in view! Also notice the 'suicide' doors on the far right? No balconies on them? There are 11 apartments on each floor. Move in date scheduled March. Do look nice though.

Cannot believe they do not have balconies either Dilligaf. Travel anywhere in most European cities and there are nice looking blocks everywhere and all of them have balconies. I do not understand why they didn't add a few more floors like Colin has said, would of made more sense. Knock down flats to replace them with house accommodating fewer people, clever that?

Getting back to original post I have to agree with Bill and H Wilson, when the redevelopment of the Oval was first consulted on I said the old flat could be replaced by new build ones, but HHL had got the money from Government and said the families around the Oval deserved to have houses with gardens, what they didn't tell us was out of over 200 flats being demolished, 259 2,3,4,bedroom houses were being built but the developer only agreed to build them if they were given 159 of the properties to sell on the open market. So HHL could not house all the people coming out of the flats. The houses are also small inside especially the 2 beds, the 4 beds are all for sale.Again the block of flats in Beattie Ave being 4 storey was supposed to have a lift but HHL had the lift shaft removed in the development stage because they said it was to expensive to install and maintain.

Getting back to original post I have to agree with Bill and H Wilson, when the redevelopment of the Oval was first consulted on I said the old flat could be replaced by new build ones, but HHL had got the money from Government and said the families around the Oval deserved to have houses with gardens, what they didn't tell us was out of over 200 flats being demolished, 259 2,3,4,bedroom houses were being built but the developer only agreed to build them if they were given 159 of the properties to sell on the open market. So HHL could not house all the people coming out of the flats. The houses are also small inside especially the 2 beds, the 4 beds are all for sale.Again the block of flats in Beattie Ave being 4 storey was supposed to have a lift but HHL had the lift shaft removed in the development stage because they said it was to expensive to install and maintain.

So where have these over 100 families been housed?

• 3 months later...

Judging by the recent on site activity and the number of "drive-bys" it is imminent that the flats are nearing occupancy status.

I have also heard that Mr Edwards will be making an appearance and engaging with his newest constituents. It will also be a phased move in as 33 occupancies moving in all at once will be utter carnage!

Speaking to the people building them in the past few weeks, there has been trouble with them internally, they are expected to be tenanted by end of July. It is a pity Mr Edwards do not engage with his constituents he has now on Newton Farm, again on Monday I will be meeting tenants to attempt to solve their problems they are experiencing. At their request. To be honest I haven't stopped helping the people although officially I am not their councillor anymore!

Speaking to the people building them in the past few weeks, there has been trouble with them internally, they are expected to be tenanted by end of July. It is a pity Mr Edwards do not engage with his constituents he has now on Newton Farm, again on Monday I will be meeting tenants to attempt to solve their problems they are experiencing. At their request. To be honest I haven't stopped helping the people although officially I am not their councillor anymore!

Come on Glenda, you really need to forget about Cllr Edwards, virtually every topic about NF you have a pop at him, he got elected just get on with it now. 

These flats have taken forever, not sure I like the whole set up, much prefer the block opposite, they could of also gone another floor or two higher in my opinion. Still cannot get my head around the fact that they knock down blocks for houses resulting in less homes for people. 

• 2 weeks later...