AJS ~ West Street Hereford

Roger

Hi I have a vested interest in this as they are both my venues. I personally think it should be granted and then a statue erected for resurrecting a pretty run down Street in just 6 years. Seriously though sport venues are dying because of the high costs incurred from sky, bt sport, Box nation etc. Therefore we have to try and utilise the resource properly. From IPL cricket, the Ashes, Wrestlemania, the growing interest in sports series from around the world is huge. Unfortunately a lot are on after midnight and after 3 years of regularly showing sports we feel we have a large enough customer base to support this. This will also create a few extra jobs for bar staff, glass collectors and door supervisors.

As for Mamma Jammas we are asking for one extra hour on the door on a Friday and Saturday for last entry. It'll be a year at the start of February since 2am started and I won't shout and yell it was wrong I will just say it happened. We live and learn and we move on. We've changed a lot. Door team, management and extra training and we believe we have a strong case. We offer something different to the rest of town, we're not about cheap shots and people voted off x factor. Any questions I'll try my best to answer

As promised here is the latest update. Today i received notice that at this current time West Mercia Police have objected to both applications. Whilst this is disappointing myself, and my whole team, as always, will strive to work with them to find a compromise that fulfills the needs of the business, the police and makes sure the licensing objectives are not undermined. It is the second blow in a week as for the first time since AJs has been open we will not be showing the Superbowl as the police objected to our late TEN - they asked for our conditions to be applied, which we always agree to anyway - unfortunately once they objected the TEN was null and void as is the law. Finally 2 teams we wanted to see battle it out and we wont be able to.

If i hear anything else i will update you.

• 2 weeks later...

To keep everyone updated. Today i had a meeting with West Mercia police regarding both applications. It was very open and productive. Whilst we are not always going to see eye to eye it is good that we can continue to work together and take everyone's opinions into account. As soon as the consultation period ends on both i will update you further but i feel more positive about moving forward and being able to show late night and early morning sporting events with proper conditions in place. We have also reached a compromise on Mamma Jammas which is suitable for all parties. I'm now going for a pint or 4!

Petition calling for Hereford nightclub to have later last entry time receives more than 200 signatures

4750904.jpg?htype=0&display=1&type=mc3

A PETITION calling for a Hereford nightclub to be able to extend its last entry time has been supported by more than 200 people.

The petition can be found online at thepetitionsite.com/671/083/242/mamma-jammas-should-have-a-3am-last-entry-time-instead-of-2am

HT