Hereford Express

ragwert

I think someone might be in a wee bit or trouble with Tesco's  :Grin:

Folly Lane.

Agreed. The font/styling/colours are virtually identical to Tesco. I think they've wasted money on that makeover as they'll have to remove it when Tesco get on the case ...

Tesco's will jump all over this if they have any sense! Identity theft!

Some of the European shops in Eign Gate, such as Biedronka and Kubus are both famous brands in Poland and these people just steal their identities including their company logo's! I am surprised nothing has been done about it yet.

To be fair I don't think there is any case to answer for. Yes all the "trademarks" are there, but they don't call themselves Tescos. Maybe if they were called Tecso Express.... Yes! But will you honestly mistake Hereford Express for Tescos? Unlikely. Take Beefy Boys for example, hardly mega rich rock stars are they, being world famous is about the only similarity to Beastie Boys!!!

Don't quote me but I think it is only Nike who have legal rights and TM etc, and that cost them billions. But then again it's hard not to make a copy without looking like a Nike tick.

Oh and just for the record, all smartphones have the same products inside. The outside and software is where the legalities are. It's a harsh world.

It's an infringement of intellectual property rights

The logo suggests that there is a connection with Tesco when there is not.

Correct ragwert that is exactly what it is. They do not have to use a company name at all, merely using symbols and colours to appear the same (like in this case) is an infringement of intellectual property rights

Tesco attempt to trademark logo 'dashes' denied

by Jennifer Creighton, 14.08.2014

Tesco has been denied in its attempt to trademark the blue dashes in its logo, after the Intellectual Property Office (IPO) insisted the shape was too "simple".

While it was recognised that the dashes might be associated with Tesco, the hearing officer, Edward Smith, maintained that they only represented punctuation, and were entirely dependent on the word "Tesco".

A survey conducted by Tesco was used in support of its application, which showed consumers associated the dashes with the retailer independently from the word ‘Tesco’

Marketing Magazine

I think 'hashes' are one thing but hashes together with certain fonts' and a colour scheme are on a different level ...

If only people had not made such a fuss and informed Tesco then this valuable business would just have carried out without the potential for legal action.

I think they are breaking the law and trying to exploit Tesco's brand in an attempt to steal their brand. It does not matter how big Tesco are, it is wrong!

If only people had not made such a fuss and informed Tesco then this valuable business would just have carried out without the potential for legal action.

The new owner sought out attention with his new makeover and that's exactly what he's got .... 

Daily Mail are now going with this story ...

Before ...

306D8B0200000578-0-image-a-2_14533969654

After ...

306D559D00000578-0-image-a-1_14533969623

But despite the close comparison to Tesco, Mr Kumar, who took over the shop last year, is adamant he has not copied the logo.

The father-of-two said: 'We changed the shop sign two weeks ago. I like the colours and wanted it to stand out from the other shops.

'Of course I have been to Tesco before but to my eye, ours isn't the same. The font is different and we have more blue dashes.

'There are also other things which make our sign unique. The word Hereford looks nothing like Tesco either.'

:Happy_32:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

A few more...Singhburys  :Grin:

The bloke who owns Singhsbury's has changed it to Morrisinghs ......And Morrisons don't mind one bit.

A spokesman for Morrisons said the supermarket "did not mind".

"Mr Nagra and his customers obviously have good taste so we wish him well," he added.

post-918-0-62807800-1498585005_thumb.jpg