Shame of EU wasn't it?

Steve Major

The question I'd ask is if there are 3,000 orphaned child refugees in France why have the French authorities not taken them in?

But having said that if the French will not provide & look after these children? then we must take them in it would be wrong of us in the UK not to provide a safe & secure environment for these kids to grow up in!

I do however feel we need a more sensible approach to the problem in its self we can't just open up to allow all in as this will lead to problems further down the line?

I don't agree with Cameron on much but I think taking the refugees directly from the camps is the must sensible thing to do these should mostly be families women & children particularly from the Christian & yazidis community's as they are most at risk of being killed enslaved by Isis

It's also not right for those in Calais to attack lorry drivers & people returning from mainland Europe because that is a criminal act in its self & no matter what the circumstance there is no justification for violence!

I could not agree more, Angela Merkel is not looking so smug now. :Blushing_32: I knew this would happen, all too quick to let so called refugees into Europe without any form of ID in many cases!! More to come I fear.

Now Mrs Merkel is losing confidence with her people she wants to re-distribute her guests throughout the EU.

post-915-0-57192400-1453731273_thumb.jpg

This is an interesting article

Afternoon Cambo!

The unaccompanied children I have mentioned, have arrived in Europe.... so not just in France, or specifically Calais. They are in camps right across the EU. This figure does not take into account the children who are in camps in Syria.

Save the Children have provided the "best estimate" on numbers, which is 3000 in Europe.

Hope this helps to clarify!

Afternoon Cambo!

The unaccompanied children I have mentioned, have arrived in Europe.... so not just in France, or specifically Calais. They are in camps right across the EU. This figure does not take into account the children who are in camps in Syria.

Save the Children have provided the "best estimate" on numbers, which is 3000 in Europe.

Hope this helps to clarify!

Yes thanks dippy it does so my question is now are these EU countries who have these children in camps within their borders are they going to provide a home with caring families to look after them? If not our government need to step up to the plate & help these kids!

Re the Poles who escaped from Poland during WW2 and came to this Country - I know that a high number of them either joined the British Military or a Polish Unit fighting for the freedom of Europe and the World.

Why do the migrants in Calais and Dunkirk wish to come to the UK - my thought is that for the majority of them their second language is English .

Should we take 3000 "orphans" children - my opinion is YES of course we should . I also accept what Frank Field MP said on tv yesterday that the migrant parents of children might use this as a way of first getting the child / children to the UK and then applying to enter the UK because their child/ children have already been accepted. The wise people will have to sort that out .

I fully accept that it's a very difficult situation to resolve - what happens if and when peace returns to these counties , will the migrants be forced to return to help rebuild a ruined country or will these countries continue to be a breeding ground for terrorists .

Should we take 3000 "orphans" children - my opinion is YES of course we should . I also accept what Frank Field MP said on tv yesterday that the migrant parents of children might use this as a way of first getting the child / children to the UK and then applying to enter the UK because their child/ children have already been accepted. The wise people will have to sort that out .

I fully accept that it's a very difficult situation to resolve - what happens if and when peace returns to these counties , will the migrants be forced to return to help rebuild a ruined country or will these countries continue to be a breeding ground for terrorists .

Sweden have taken its fair share of migrants, yet the orphans choose to runaway from their foster homes and then cause havoc, in particular at the Stockholm train station.  Read this lot and before anyone says oh yes DailyMail crap I can provide other sources.

Swedish police warn Stockholm's main train station is now overrun by migrant teen gangs 'stealing and groping girls'
  • Hundreds of Moroccan children living on the streets in Stockholm
  • Accused of stealing and assaulting security guards at the main station 
  • Police say they grope girls and 'slap them in the face when they protest'
  • One in five Moroccan migrant children run away from housing since 2012
  •  

Perhaps if I was still a child, had witnessed war, death and uncertainty. Had probably lost my parents, had to leave my homeland and all that I knew and loved. Had to make a dangerous trek to a foreign land, risked my life, possibly been targeted by child abusers/paedophiles/people traffickers, and ended up in a strange place where I didn't understand the language..... my behaviour might be affected.

Just a thought. 

I cannot believe that a system devised to help (wristbands) identify migrants in order to provide food has been slammed! For once I agree with Katie Hopkins.

Lefties are outraged migrants have to wear a red band to get food and handouts. Most of us have to go to work to get food. Suck it up.

There is no dignity in taking from others. There should only be gratitude.

post-915-0-97074700-1453757809.jpg

Good evening.

Well....Surprise, surprise....I completely disagree with Katie Hopkins.... self appointed "voice of the people". (She certainly does not speak for me.)

Her only purpose is to come out with 'controversial' statements, which she knows will be reported. This then feeds her addiction for media coverage.

A very sad individual.

Why should a refugee have to wear a wristband, which is the equivalent of having a sign around their neck stating "I am a refugee"??

It surely can't have escaped your attention, but there is hostility in some sections of the community towards helping refugees, and the wearing of a wristband just makes it easier for them to be targeted!

Personally, I'd like to see Katie Hopkins arrival anywhere, heralded by a large fog horn.That way, folks have a chance to avoid her, and not have to listen to the sanctimonious, divisive clap trap that she comes out with.

Truly, the woman is an embarrassment .

Why should a refugee have to wear a wristband, which is the equivalent of having a sign around their neck stating "I am a refugee"??

The same reason a disabled person parks in a disabled bay and has a blue badge! Quite happy to do that though aren't they!

It is to help identify them.  Help is being offered to these people and complaints about a poxy wristband, unreal, the world has gone mad it really has!

Perhaps if I was still a child, had witnessed war, death and uncertainty. Had probably lost my parents, had to leave my homeland and all that I knew and loved. Had to make a dangerous trek to a foreign land, risked my life, possibly been targeted by child abusers/paedophiles/people traffickers, and ended up in a strange place where I didn't understand the language..... my behaviour might be affected.

Just a thought. 

So your admitting this problem and it will only get worse. I'm sorry but these people (not all of them) have fled a war torn country and seek asylum at least they can do is behave in these foreign countries that have welcomed them with open arms, I knew someone would have yet another excuse for this behaviour. 

Evening Steve.That is such a poor argument.... it really isn't worth any response.

H..these are children. Children.

Damaged, traumatised children.

(And of course, no British youngsters ever go abroad and misbehave in any way??? Club 18 - 30 anyone?? Malia. Sex, drugs, binge drinking and fights....! Not that the two can really be compared in terms of where they come from, and what they've endured. )

Good evening.

Well....Surprise, surprise....I completely disagree with Katie Hopkins.... self appointed "voice of the people". (She certainly does not speak for me.)

Her only purpose is to come out with 'controversial' statements, which she knows will be reported. This then feeds her addiction for media coverage.

A very sad individual.

It surely can't have escaped your attention, but there is hostility in some sections of the community towards helping refugees, and the wearing of a wristband just makes it easier for them to be targeted!

Personally, I'd like to see Katie Hopkins arrival anywhere, heralded by a large fog horn.That way, folks have a chance to avoid her, and not have to listen to the sanctimonious, divisive clap trap that she comes out with.

Truly, the woman is an embarrassment .

Personally i cannot stand katie hopkins but I think she has a valid point here. Just my two pence worth

The same reason a disabled person parks in a disabled bay and has a blue badge! Quite happy to do that though aren't they!

It is to help identify them.  Help is being offered to these people and complaints about a poxy wristband, unreal, the world has gone mad it really has!

I agree, surprised that they are complaining about wristbands, they will be refusing to be served by western woman next, the majority already have no respect for western woman. 

You hit the nail on the head Steve.  :Thumbs-Up:

Greece faces being sealed off from Europe to stop migrant flow in move that creates 'cemetery of souls'

Plan emerges to seal Greek border with Macedonia as EU leaders meet in Amsterdam for crisis talks to 'save' Schengen area

Greece will have its borders effectively sealed off from the rest of the continent under plans to tackle the migrant crisis, European leaders proposed on Monday night.

The European Commission will consider plans that would see the frontier of the Schengen zone – the area which allows passport-free travel within Europe – moved north to exclude Greece.

The proposal came at a meeting of European leaders on Monday which also agreed to draw up plans to allow internal border checks in Europe for up to two years, effectively suspending the Schengen zone.

Telegraph

Evening Steve.That is such a poor argument.... it really isn't worth any response.

H..these are children. Children.

Damaged, traumatised children.

(And of course, no British youngsters ever go abroad and misbehave in any way??? Club 18 - 30 anyone?? Malia. Sex, drugs, binge drinking and fights....! Not that the two can really be compared in terms of where they come from, and what they've endured. )

You could apply the same lame argument to some ISIS members some of these are traumatised and damaged therefore their actions would be justified would they?

Your lame Club 18-30 comparison is UTTERLY out of context. You are comparing people young people who have paid for their holiday which is designed for drink and fun versus someone who seeks asylum in a foreign country and is seeking shelter, welfare and help.

On another note, take a drive around the centre of Birmingham one of the days or better still take a walk along the street in Sparkbrook without being completely covered head to toe and see what abuse you receive. 

Predictably.... the usual pile on occurs, and any hope of a reasoned exchange of views goes out the window.

I think I'll leave you to it for now.

We are having a debate, I may not agree with your left wing ideology, however, this is a debate, so please don't start with the I am being bullied scenario, seeking the sympathy vote. We are all entitled to voice our opinions, don't get upset because not everyone agree's with each other or you. 

Oh, believe me... I don't feel in the least bit bullied or intimidated by you, Paul.

Good grief. I've had trickier exchanges with a stroppy teenager!

I just have better things to do with my time, than keep banging my head against this particular brick wall.

Take care!

Oh, believe me... I don't feel in the least bit bullied or intimidated by you, Paul.

Good grief. I've had trickier exchanges with a stroppy teenager!

I just have better things to do with my time, than keep banging my head against this particular brick wall.

Take care!

I am pleased to hear that dippy because I never want to intimidate anyone, I am merely expressing my views like many others members on here. So is banging your head against a wall a sign of frustration because not everyone agree's with you? Because in life not everyone is the same, we all hold different values and principles, I admire you for sticking to yours but please don't condemn others for sticking to theirs.

Actually, yes. I do get frustrated. But not because folks don't see things from my point of view. More that many don't seem willing to even try to see another perspective.

I can put myself in others shoes, and understand concern, fear and worry about the situation. However, some don't want to try to imagine what it's like for refugees... and particularly child refugees.

It's the repetition of arguments that frustrates me! Not any particular poster.

When my blood pressure lowers, I'll return to this thread!

It's late, so for now, me and my principles are off to the Land of Nod!

Take care.

Bugger it! To those of you who simply hate all things you don't understand and allow your fears and prejudices to block out any reason and intelligent thinking, the recent reports of sexual assaults upon women in the West is simply 'manna from heaven' to you. You are the very people that a fascist maniac can whip up into a frenzy, get you to burn books and build fences to keep out or keep in all those you've been programmed to believe are out to kill you, take over your Country or abuse you and your children. You simply hate! And, getting you to hate and despise all things Islamic is all so very easy for those that pray on your simple minded stupidity.

You lick it up like hungry dogs because you want the migrants to fail. You yearn for them to fail. You desperately want these people to do anything that'll validate the hatred you feel for people and cultures you've become frightened of and don't want to welcome into our World of prosperity, aspiration and hope.

And for those who have a heart and a glimmer of intelligence who choose not to join the howling mob and apply their rational thinking to a modern social problematic migrant phenomenon that has landed on our European doorstep, you mock, belittle and howl louder than Dippy and Osmosis so that the hate fuelled pack can win the day and label any 'thinkers' loony left tree hungers.

The reason the Nazis flourished, prospered and successfully built many of their Death Camps and succeeded in demonising all things Jewish is, because like many of you, you did as you were supposed to do. Obey! Don't think! Hate and be ready to believe that 'they are out to kill and destroy you'.

History is repeating itself and despite the lessons that we all could learn by glancing back at European twentieth century history, that alerts you all to the dangers of bigotry and hatred of a group of people still, even now, people of low intelligence are easily cajoled into hatred, discrimination and the demonising of others we know very little about.

They should of closed the borders between EU countries back last year. I am sure some idiot will claim it is illegal for countries to claim back their borders.

Hello Paul I'd like to ask you a question…in your opinion do you think we should take some refugees or no refugees at all?

Because I have heard a rumour & it is only a rumour that HC have agreed to take in 1800 refugees.