Colin James

The Ship Inn site could look like this if the new proposed project is accepted.

ship-new.jpg

As part of our on-going commitment to provide affordable housing, we are always exploring new sites and developments. We are currently considering the following schemes, but will not begin work until after a period of detailed feasibility studies and consultation.

Ship Inn

The Ship Inn has been closed for a number of years and has suffered from vandalism. We are looking to redevelop the site by creating around 35 new 1 & 2 bedroom apartments.

Other projects include:

Larkrise Housing, Much Birch

We are working with the local community to create a co-housing scheme to provide 10 affordable and 10 market sale properties, as well as playground facilities and improved local parking. A planning application for outline permission has now been submitted. If  you have any questions about this project or would like to register your interest in a property, please contact Avril Shaw: 01981 541089 avril.shaw56@gmail.com or Kim Read: 01432 383991 kread@hhl.org.uk

Larkrise is a group of local people establishing a co-housing initiative at Tump Lane in partnership with Herefordshire Housing.  Herefordshire Housing Ltd (HHL) is a charitable not-for-profit Registered Provider of affordable housing throughout Herefordshire.

Perrystone Lane, Tupsley

Proposed development of 17 affordable homes, outlined planning consent, compromising of flats, bungalows and houses. We anticipate this scheme to be on site by Spring 2016.

There will be a public consultation on Wednesday 26th August 2015 at Hampton Park United Reform Church,Hampton Dene Rd, Hereford HR1 1UJfrom 3pm to 6pm, to exhibit and discuss our plans. Please come along if you wish.

It would be a shame to knock down the ship I know it's been allowed to get rundown but I don't see why it could not be incorporated into the design of any new development there? As I think it is a nice looking building although I don't know much about its history?

There won't be a lot of parking space there either looking at the picture?!

It would be a shame to knock down the ship I know it's been allowed to get rundown but I don't see why it could not be incorporated into the design of any new development there? As I think it is a nice looking building although I don't know much about its history?

Precisely what I was going to say Cambo great minds and all that. I had a little look at the sad looking building yesterday and hoped it would somehow be incorporated into whatever was going there.  Glenda I did not realise there was an old graveyard which church did that serve?

To be honest, I hate it when they do that. In some case yes but most of the time when the old building is incorporated it usually look pretty poor. Look at the frontage of the old Crystal Rooms, I mean go and have a good look, personally I think it looks awful. A nice new building would of looked much better in my opinion.

If it looks poor then that's down to the the design planners & the construction company doing the work? but any architect worth there salt should be able to blend the buildings in so that they complement each other?

I'm glad they kept the front of the old crystal rooms to me it looks fine but it won't be to everyone's taste which is fine because we all have our own opinions.

I'm intrigued by the inclusion of balconies.

I suppose it will be pleasant for the occupants to sit outside and gaze across 6 lanes of (usually) stationary traffic whilst choking to death on exhaust fumes

I would suggest this is due to the lack of a private garden and would allow owners to sit outside and maybe a few potted plants.

• 5 months later...

The City certainly need affordable housing to rent or buy . Surely a concern must be parking or lack of it on this site, the majority of households have / need at least one car parking space , for their own car or visitors / Carers visiting , even the older residents.

Some residents in Millard Close have had problems with people parking from the new development of the Vortex and those homes have one parking space .The development of the ship inn is again another example of poor planning most households have 2 cars hence the school run. How many units are 2 bedroomed all i see is problems with parking for the existing residents.

Unless they have changed the planning application , these properties are like the one's at the Oval development, one and two bedroom in the same block, some are also for sale in this block. Parking for these properties are immediately before the properties in Priors walk on the land that used to be a church. I went to the community lunch at Kindle last Friday and people approached me asking for my help in regard to having parking permits for residents in Priors walk and Southgate Court because people are parking in their spaces now. I pointed them in the direction  of Cllr Rone, being the Cabinet Cllr for Highways, give him his due he did speak to them when I asked him to ( he was there because he the cook for the community lunch) Phil Edwards and Chris Chappell was there going round the tables asking the people had they enjoyed their lunch.

Just a thought if you want to speak to your Cllrs maybe you should join the community lunch club at the Kindle centre, £2 for a two course lunch with entertainment afterwards. Sorry gone off subject slightly.

• 10 months later...

Planning permission has just been granted for 35 flats/apartments

Yes I just read that earlier.

A flood defence wall (similar to that on the river path alongside the Saracens Head) 1m in height will also be built around the site.

I think they are a bit optimistic showing so few cars in their sketch though, they must of drawn this at 5am in August

Sketch.jpg

• 11 months later...
12 hours ago, ragwert said:

From what I can see of what is being built it looks nothing like the plans

I am surprised that Hereford Housing never purchased the cottages to make the new apartments go all the way around, there is a fenced off area where Ray Bubbs used to be full of weeds that have now turned into mini trees it looks a right eyesore.

• Thumbs Up 3

22 hours ago, Frank Smith said:

I am surprised that Hereford Housing never purchased the cottages to make the new apartments go all the way around, there is a fenced off area where Ray Bubbs used to be full of weeds that have now turned into mini trees it looks a right eyesore.

That area that used to be Ray Bubbs is a right mess, full of weeds, pity they never knocked the lot down before they started with the new build

22 hours ago, Frank Smith said:

People are living in those cottages

1 hour ago, Denise Lloyd said:

People are living in those cottages

I understand that but the land next to them is for sale from my understanding...I wonder if HH approached the people in these cottages in an attempt to purchase them before they submitted their plans for the new building works.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 25/02/2018 at 10:11, Frank Smith said:

The area you mention is a total mess, cannot believe that it is just been left as it is to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 27/02/2018 at 15:23, H.Wilson said:

The area you mention is a total mess, cannot believe that it is just been left as it is to be honest.

I agree, how sad that there will be a nice clean new building project and this eyesore will probably remain untouched. :Hmm:

9 hours ago, Alex said:

I agree, how sad that there will be a nice clean new building project and this eyesore will probably remain untouched. :Hmm:

I'm sure there was once a 'for sale' sign on it just after the roundabout was rebuilt so it.There is also a sign on the gate giving a phone number for access.