Work Begins On New Skate Park

Colin James

The fence has been removed and the park is open for use. Two bins and the permanent signage are awaiting delivery and will be installed on arrival. If anyone goes up there and takes any pictures please post them to the facebook page "Newton Farm Skatepark". Thanks for all your support during the build. Merry Christmas to you all :-)

The fence has been removed and the park is open for use. Two bins and the permanent signage are awaiting delivery and will be installed on arrival. If anyone goes up there and takes any pictures please post them to the facebook page "Newton Farm Skatepark". Thanks for all your support during the build. Merry Christmas to you all :-)

Thats great thanks for the update Pete. 

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, but t'was ever thus with public works, and that includes fees for those endless consultants reports - no one in charge is too fussed just as long as they can tick the box - and those who should be asking the questions - councillors I'm looking at you - either don't want to rock the boat, or aren't intelligent enough to realise or, more often than not, completely oblivious. If they were asked to pay £100k for concreting their own yard, their response may be rather more animated.

I realise Herefordshire Housing aren't the Council, but ...

TWG it is not only a case of not wanting to rock the boat some of them are afraid to speak out and appear to be going against the flow.

Off topic but still a little relevant whilst she is a Con there is a young lady Councillor (I think the Llangarron ward) called Elissa Swinglehurst who appears to be doing the right thing. She is on the Planning Committee and produces a monthly newsletter which is no nonsense and factual. She is very knowledgeable and comes over as a very likeable person I hope and trust the hardened Councillors do not try and shut her up. Definitely a person who has every intention of going far and I wish her good luck.

In all fairness I think 100k may be not be expensive for this project if it covers, design, materials, labour, and warranty. It will be finished to a high level by a team of skilled professionals and the park should have a long life to be enjoyed by many for years!