The Sad Demise Of The Moorfields Inn

Moorfields 3.JPG

I remember this pub in it's hay day, it is a real shame to see the sad decline and closure of this pub. We would often go in for a few pre-match beers. I remember back when Richard and his wife had it.

I think Spaldy had it for a while too, he then went on a bought Manhattans in town.

Omg, look at the state of it! What is all that stuff at the back? If ever I saw an invitation for rats this has to be it.

Graffiti looks horrendous, how can a place just fall into decay like this is so sad. They used to have a good BBQ in that garden, now look at it. Does someone still live there?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was one Ragwert!

For ten years I lived just along the road from the Moorfields, I'm sure since it shut the rest of Moorfield Street's residents have loved not having running battles up and down the road, or drunk people tipping bins over, or hanging baskets being either pinched or destroyed...

Problem was those who used it felt it was a no go area for anyone who wasn't part of their 'gang'. It had the potential to be a proper community pub but failed spectacularly by upsetting the neighbours big time..silly things like blocking the pavement to smoke or shouting/swearing when leaving late at night didn't help. Very few of these 'back street' pubs left in the city. Shame