£10,000 Reward To Find Christian's Killer

Colin James

BBC Crimewatch tonight at 9pm.

The senior investigating officer (SIO) of the investigation, DCI Leighton Harding, said:

We are offering this reward to encourage people to come forward with information to help us identify those responsible for Christians death.
We firmly believe that someone has information which could lead us to those responsible for Christian's death but has not yet come forward. My appeal to them is to think about the impact Christians murder has had on his family, in particular his young daughter who faces a life without her father, and to do the right thing by contacting us.
If you have any information it is imperative you come forward to police and allow Christians family the justice they deserve.

CBReward.jpg

#speakupforchristian

To little, to late has been done so far to catch the killer, hopefully something will come out of this tonight, see what is said in the update at 10.35 after the program is aired.

I am not sure that that is a fair summary. I'm sure that the Police have done everything they can but I think the lack of an arrest is probably down to lack of witnesses or even no witnesses or evidence which has made the investigation a nightmare I would imagine. 

I am not sure that that is a fair summary. I'm sure that the Police have done everything they can but I think the lack of an arrest is probably down to lack of witnesses or even no witnesses or evidence which has made the investigation a nightmare I would imagine. 

I'm thinking they know who killed Christian but have no evidence.

To little, to late has been done so far to catch the killer, hopefully something will come out of this tonight, see what is said in the update at 10.35 after the program is aired.

I think that is unfair. I am no fan of how WMP conduct their media strategy (or indeed how late the various appeals come out or meetings get arranged) but I am sure that from Day 1 they were all over that on an investigative level. There just seems not really enough to progress this without further help.

I'm sure that the Police have done everything they can but I think the lack of an arrest is probably down to lack of witnesses or even no witnesses or evidence which has made the investigation a nightmare I would imagine. 

There were well publicised arrests. And I agree that WMP will be finding this a nightmare and costly. I also agree that eye witnesses are appearing to be NIL at the moment. 

Motive is the angle I would hope they bottom out. 

Frank and Roger, my comments were actually said at the meeting in September, I was also asked by the police had I heard anything being said, a name had been mentioned  which I told them, and the police said they had heard that themselves.

Very sad on Crimewatch tonight  the interviews of Christian mother and mother of his child, it brought tears to my eyes. Christian was a nice young man.

Frank and Roger, my comments were actually said at the meeting in September, I was also asked by the police had I heard anything being said, a name had been mentioned  which I told them, and the police said they had heard that themselves.

The Cops always know more than they let on. I hope that this can progress positively as the murder happened last June ....  

• 2 weeks later...

I know that some of @southsidecops peruse this forum, so could we possibly get an updated update in regards to the crime watch appeal? Those that watched it are aware of the shows impact, and leads to follow up; those that didn't see the program - HT copy-typed it. There has been no information since. Are those "leads" expired? A little information goes a long way. Thanks.

I know that some of @southsidecops peruse this forum, so could we possibly get an updated update in regards to the crime watch appeal? Those that watched it are aware of the shows impact, and leads to follow up; those that didn't see the program - HT copy-typed it. There has been no information since. Are those "leads" expired? A little information goes a long way. Thanks.

Here is the BBC CrimeWatch Link

The householder private CCTV seems to show Christian walking towards the Bridge on his own. It doesn't show anyone following and no one has suggested that he was followed. Not that I've read anywhere. I'm not sure if his movements were set in stone as regards to meeting people but I doubt his departure from where he just left was fixed. His route home might well have been tho. But I'm erring on a random attack from the very little that has been released. 

• 1 month later...

This has all gone a little too quiet. Something is brewing..........

What do you mean ? A Murder is top of the tree for attention. I'm sure this is not being neglected. But when you are trying to look at something with little or no evidence available then it's gonna be a struggle. No one charged after 5 months is a testimony to the struggle. Best of luck trying to solve this. It will get solved .... 

• 4 months later...

Looks like there is finaly some traction in this case

http://m.herefordtimes.com/news/14436735.Man_arrested_on_suspicion_of_murdering_Christian_Bagley/

Hopefully this shall lead to a conviction and go someway into giving Christian's family some justice

I was only just reading the article, lets hope they finally can convict the person responsible 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 21/06/2019 at 21:21, Hereford Voice said:

It is 4 years ago today that Christian Bagley was killed while he walked under Hunderton bridge on 21st June 2015 and still nobody has been convicted of his murder. 

We would urge anyone with any information to contact the Police or Crimestoppers. #speakupforchristian

I think the existing 'reward' for info is £10k. Up the reward. £10k is a derisory amount compared to wages spent investigating.  The Police may know the identity of the killer but are short on evidence. Who knows?