Hereford Round Table Fireworks Display 2015

• 1 month later...

I agree with Denise, I think it is a really rather distasteful idea.

So, we vote on somebody we don't really like then celebrate the hatred of them by throwing an effigy of them on a fire and cheer along as we watch them burn!?

That's lovely and civilised isn't it?  Remind me, what century are we in again?

But it's okay, Luke Conod says it's all a bit of light-hearted fun.  Would he be saying that if he was "the chosen one?"

I agree with Denise, I think it is a really rather distasteful idea.

So, we vote on somebody we don't really like then celebrate the hatred of them by throwing an effigy of them on a fire and cheer along as we watch them burn!?

That's lovely and civilised isn't it?  Remind me, what century are we in again?

But it's okay, Luke Conod says it's all a bit of light-hearted fun.  Would he be saying that if he was "the chosen one?"

They do have Katie Hopkins as one you can vote for,I'd pay to see her burn

Thankfully they have come to their senses posted on Facebook

Hereford Table We really appreciate the comments that people have made on social media and the Hereford Times website, about our effigy pole.

At no point did we wish to offend anyone, that was never the intention; all we wished to do was raise the profile and encou
rage people to come to our Fireworks display at the race course this Saturday evening, allowing us to raise funds to distribute to local charities and good causes.

We have listened to people's comments and we greatly appreciate the time they have taken to contact us and let us know their feelings.

"We are therefore NOT going ahead with the competition," commented Luke Conod.

"I would like to thank people again for their comments and for taking the time to contact us and hope to see lots of people at the race course this Saturday, helping us raise funds for our local charities and good causes and having a great time.

Over the last 12 months thanks to the help of people in Herefordshire we were able to help local charities and good causes to the tune of over £30,000," Luke continued to say.

Like Â· Reply Â· 1 Â· 1 hr