Hereford BBQ & Brews To Close

Colin James

BBQ and Brews in Commercial Road is due to close next month.

bbq-and-brews.jpg

Here is their statement:

Hereford, it has being emotional! After a year of serving low and slow BBQ in Hereford, it is time for us to say goodbye. We will continue to serve meaty happiness until our doors close at 6pm on Sunday 4th October. A massive thank you has to go to the customers whom have supported in the last year and we hope to see you again before we leave the livestock of Hereford to breathe a sigh of relief. We are still stocked and ready to rock for the Rugby World Cup too so bring your party here.

Do not worry, there will be another great pub coming to shake the Hereford circuit up

Only went there once, food was very poor and they charged over £3 for a glass of fizzy orange so i am not surprised they are closing so soon. 

How much!! I heard it was expensive but £3 for a glass of sugar water is way over the top. I am not into bbq taste so it would not of appealed to me to be honest but if those prices are anything to go by then it is no wonder they are closing.

You would

Yep, 

How much!! I heard it was expensive but £3 for a glass of sugar water is way over the top. I am not into bbq taste so it would not of appealed to me to be honest but if those prices are anything to go by then it is no wonder they are closing.

The prices are no more than Frankie and Benny or Nandos or any of the other chain restaurants in the old Market and yet people seem to pay for them. 

It is all about name, if it got a brand name people will buy it, no matter what the price is or what the quality is like.

Going to The rule of Tum tomorrow evening, to get a proper burger.

I would have given you a +1 for that comment but that function is now banned ..... So I got this instead!  :Thumbs-Up:

Thanks. A few pubs in Hereford have done full circle, names changed then go back to original later. Just because a pub went bad a simple change of name does not make it a better place. I had my first under age pint in The Hop Pole. As you said cheaper drinks and a few big screens should do it in that location, simple.

I had my first under age pint in The Hop Pole. 

I can't remember mine but I can remember my Mother coming into The Lichfield Vaults waving my birth certificate at the Landlord. (It was in the days when they had lovely pies in a heater on the bar.) I got chased out. Not by the Landlord ~ But by my Mother! Late 70's I'm on about. The Landlord (Mr. Worthy) then went on to run The Bell in Leominster. So I obviously had to pop in there!  :Happy_32:

They should of kept it as the Hop Pole which was a proper established pub. They could of still refurbished the place but keeping it's identity. I agree with Roger BBQ and Brews had no real identity as such, I am not sure what they were trying to be and I saw very little advertising either.

I can't remember mine but I can remember my Mother coming into The Lichfield Vaults waving my birth certificate at the Landlord. (It was in the days when they had lovely pies in a heater on the bar.) I got chased out. Not by the Landlord ~ But by my Mother! Late 70's I'm on about. The Landlord (Mr. Worthy) then went on to run The Bell in Leominster. So I obviously had to pop in there!  :Happy_32:

I think my next one was in The Lich, (it was used in a tv programme earlier in the week as well as The Cathedral) I worked at Mead and Tomkinson with Mr Worthys son Kevin, he went to help run The Bell with his father.

I think my next one was in The Lich, (it was used in a tv programme earlier in the week as well as The Cathedral) I worked at Mead and Tomkinson with Mr Worthys son Kevin, he went to help run The Bell with his father.

The old Harp was mine, now called the Herdsman, I went in the dinner time when I was at college and me and my mates used to play on the pinball machine.

I do not like pubs with loud music or TV in them, I go to a pub to have a drink and chat with mates, not to watch some over paid men kicking a ball around a field.

• 2 months later...