Recycling Reminders!

Colin James

I don't recycle, it all goes in the black bag, so no chance of polyphene bags going into the clear bags.

but while we are on that subject, my next door neighbour have black and green bins and sometimes put more recycling out than what the green bin can hold, but because they have a bin they can not get clear bags for the extra. If the council want people to recycle, why can't they give extra clear bags to people with bins?

Ok I give my neighbour mine as I do not use them, but if I did they would be stuck.

I don't recycle, it all goes in the black bag, so no chance of polyphene bags going into the clear bags.

but while we are on that subject, my next door neighbour have black and green bins and sometimes put more recycling out than what the green bin can hold, but because they have a bin they can not get clear bags for the extra. If the council want people to recycle, why can't they give extra clear bags to people with bins?

Ok I give my neighbour mine as I do not use them, but if I did they would be stuck.

Adrian why on earth in this day and age are you not doing your bit by recycling? Really it takes a few extra's seconds when throwing your rubbish out. Now, I hardly have any normal household waste, less than a bag every two weeks.

On 12/09/2015 at 18:53, Victor Wright said:

Adrian why on earth in this day and age are you not doing your bit by recycling? Really it takes a few extra's seconds when throwing your rubbish out. Now, I hardly have any normal household waste, less than a bag every two weeks.

Council tax goes up and yet we get less service, we now get a limited bin collection once every two weeks, if it carry on they will want us to sweep the road as it is people are cutting grass and doing other jobs the council should be doing.

I also do not have that much rubbish, I  put one  black bag out a fortnight normally even without recycling, if I recycled would only be using half a bag, since I now have to pay for my black bags I want the most from them. I may sometimes have more than one black bag outside my place, but the rest are not normally mine.

A lot of the recycling goes over the China or some other country, so what is the point  when all that fuel used to send it abroad. 

I really do not want two bins in my kitchen, I do not have the room anyway and another reason is I do not see why I should pay to wash out  tins.

Also, I can not be bothered.

On 12/09/2015 at 20:11, Adrian symonds said:

Council tax goes up and yet we get less service, we now get a limited bin collection once every two weeks, if it carry on they will want us to sweep the road as it is people are cutting grass and doing other jobs the council should be doing.

I also do not have that much rubbish, I  put one  black bag out a fortnight normally even without recycling, if I recycled would only be using half a bag, since I now have to pay for my black bags I want the most from them. I may sometimes have more than one black bag outside my place, but the rest are not normally mine.

A lot of the recycling goes over the China or some other country, so what is the point  when all that fuel used to send it abroad. 

I really do not want two bins in my kitchen, I do not have the room anyway and another reason is I do not see why I should pay to wash out  tins.

Also, I can not be bothered.

I only have one bin in my kitchen, I just rinse and gather a small amount of recycling and take out into the recycle bin, it's really not that much effort in all honesty. 

I read on the web the other week that a recycle bin wasn't collected as someone spotted a greasy pizza box in it. Apparently the contamination would cause the whole lorry load to be effected. 

I know for a fact that my recycled items have got grease/residue on them so what is the real story here? How many bin loads have to be land filled for dodgy content ? 

On 12/09/2015 at 23:07, Roger said:

I read on the web the other week that a recycle bin wasn't collected as someone spotted a greasy pizza box in it. Apparently the contamination would cause the whole lorry load to be effected. 

I know for a fact that my recycled items have got grease/residue on them so what is the real story here? How many bin loads have to be land filled for dodgy content ? 

In Herefordshire? I know people who live in other places where I would not be surprised if it was true, but I would be surprised if it was Herefordshire. 

On 12/09/2015 at 20:43, Colin James said:

I only have one bin in my kitchen, I just rinse and gather a small amount of recycling and take out into the recycle bin, it's really not that much effort in all honesty. 

I don't have a recycling bin, but I did have a letter a couple of years back to say I could have one as my property was suitable. I do not think so since I have step.  Just because my next door neighbour pull their bins up their steps, do not mean I am going to.

i doubt my recycling is enough to collect every month never mind every fortnight. a few tins, the Hereford times, maybe a couple of small boxes and that is it.

Today was bin day, black bin day, I was going to work this morning and noticed a couple of people walking around with pen and paper talking notes, I noticed one of them looked in a black bin, so it was certainly council. i thought they had no money and yet can pay people to go around looking at bins.

i have no idea what they was looking for.

Today was bin day, black bin day, I was going to work this morning and noticed a couple of people walking around with pen and paper talking notes i have no idea what they was looking for.

Checking for contraband materials Adrian. Any miscreant will be dealt with as they see fit. My black bin was collected as normal today. It was only about 1/3 full but I think it may have contained banned content. Good job is was totally knotted inside the black sack. Plus I checked the bin for blades of grass. You need to act clever to get your rubbish collected. 

Checking for contraband materials Adrian. Any miscreant will be dealt with as they see fit. My black bin was collected as normal today. It was only about 1/3 full but I think it may have contained banned content. Good job is was totally knotted inside the black sack. Plus I checked the bin for blades of grass. You need to act clever to get your rubbish collected. 

I always tie my bags, I watched as one of them went past my place and she just looked at my bags, but did not untie them. I had three bags, but then I have been doing a lot of sorting out and one of those bags had a old washing basket in as well as some other stuff.  It was in the other street that the bloke opened the bin, but since most people even with bins stick their rubbish in bags, they would have to untie the bags to know what is in  them.

I did also have two green bags out as well, I think they would work out if I put that in black bags what it is :), putting a little bit in the black bag is ok, but not two bags full 

I did end up with four black bags as my neighbour put one of hers out by my place, I do not mind that.

I did notice on the way to work, houses with more than four bags or a bin and extra bags, noticed on way home that the extra have not been collected. So it seems they are getting tough on the extra bags now.

Normally I can use one bag for a fortnights rubbish, but as I said, I am sorting rubbish out, so it will be more over the next couple of months.

Living alone I generate little waste most of the time.

If I recycled, it would have half empty bags hanging around.

If people want to do it then that is up to them, no law to say  we have to. Fed up of people judging me for it, not on here but in other places.

I wonder how many of these people drive, with their fumes blasting us or go on Holiday by plane once or more per year with all the fumes that those planes put out.

I don't do either.

It literally takes a few extra minutes, really. Eventually, it will become law caused by people who can't be bothered having to be forced to recycle. I really don't understand how you can't be bothered, especially as you live alone, there will be hardly any, but each to their own I guess.

The one problem is space, I would need to bins in my kitchen, and there is only just room for one. The fact that we are paying more to this council in council tax and yet getting less from it, like now fortnightly rubbish collections and yet they still want us to sort out the rubbish. Next they will want us to sweep the roads and cut the grass, oh wait, that is already happening.

I also do not take kindly being told what to do by Eurocrats stuck in another country, it is because of E.U laws that our our council is scared to tip rubbish into landfill. 

Soon the rubbish will be burnt, so problem solved.

The council can go and whistle for their recycling, if they want me to recycle, they can do it for me.

My buddy lives in Bristol and over there they have trays for glass, paper as well as a recycling bin, so you actually have to sort what is being recycled too. I am sure this will come here too if less people take the initiative to recycle, I believe it is our duty to care for the environment as much as we can. I do not have 2 bins in my house because I do not have the room either, we just swill anything that is to be recycled and take it out to the green bin, no real issue for us.

It is easy enough, we don't have any room for additional bins in our kitchen, we wash what needs to be recycled and when we have a few items we pop it outside into the recycle bin. We have a small pedal bin under the sink for the rest of feral waste. We are thinking of having a waste disposal unit installed, my sister swears by hers so we are looking into that. I think everyone has a duty to do their bit.

It is easy enough, we don't have any room for additional bins in our kitchen, we wash what needs to be recycled and when we have a few items we pop it outside into the recycle bin. We have a small pedal bin under the sink for the rest of feral waste. We are thinking of having a waste disposal unit installed, my sister swears by hers so we are looking into that. I think everyone has a duty to do their bit.

I do not have a green bin, a bin is not going to fit under my sink, no matter how much I try, too many pipes, only just about get washing powder and other cleaning stuff under there.

I know of someone who had a waste disposal unit, but they had so many problems with it the Housing association removed it in  the end. i did look into it once a few years back, but since this  place is rented I thought the cost was a bit much.

• 4 months later...

Dartmouth Court ... Yesterday ...

Ms Morgan (Council) said information was delivered to the flats on Tuesday outlining why FCC were unable to empty the bins on Friday and asked residents to recycle more of their waste to reduce the amount of general black bag rubbish.

Hereford Times

Not sure where anything can be recycled. The green bins' appear to be full! 

My buddy lives in Bristol and over there they have trays for glass, paper as well as a recycling bin, so you actually have to sort what is being recycled too. I am sure this will come here too if less people take the initiative to recycle, I believe it is our duty to care for the environment as much as we can. I do not have 2 bins in my house because I do not have the room either, we just swill anything that is to be recycled and take it out to the green bin, no real issue for us.

Bristol also have a bin for garden rubbish.You have to pay a one off fee once a year and they take away any garden rubbish.