Mind your Land Rover

greenknight

Why don't they have some kind of tracking device.  A £100 smartphone can be tracked - surely when you have something costing as much as a landrover a device could be fitted in a place that thieves couldn't immediately get at.  Especially when they are being targeted.

Earlier this year a neighbour of mine , about 500m away down the lane heard cries of help at about 3am. Went to investigate and found a man trapped under his landrover, the rear wheel had been removed , the neighbour and his som managed to lift the L/ R enough to free the trapped man . The neighbour then drove this person to hospital - when he was telling me later that day if he told the police he replied no ! Why I said , he replied that the apparent thief had received his punishment .

Thinking that the police should be made aware I emailed them with the sketchy details I had been told including the fact that the person had been taken to hospital . Told my neighbour what I had done - to date the neighbour has had no contact with the police - I presume because he didn't report it himself , and it keeps the crime figures down .

Why don't they have some kind of tracking device.  A £100 smartphone can be tracked - surely when you have something costing as much as a landrover a device could be fitted in a place that thieves couldn't immediately get at.  Especially when they are being targeted.

Quite a few top of the range cars have a device called Tracker fitted within the vehicle - believe that some police vehicle have receivers which can receive signals when the vehicle had been reported stolen to the Tracker company and the tracker is activated.

Hi

With Landrover announcing the end of production of this Iconic vehicle, the demand and interest in them has soared. The fact that they are basically huge piles of mechano makes them also an attractive proposition for scum bags to steal and then break up and sell parts off on eBay etc.

We currently have a truck in for repair that was stolen just south of Hereford and abandoned just a few miles away after causing a compound accident. The sad part is that the truck is its owners only means of transport, and sadly because of a few moments of some theiving lowlife may be written off by its insurers.

Trackers, immobilisers and visible anti theft deterrents are currently all being well discussed by Landrover and other vehicle owners.

Pete

Hi

With Landrover announcing the end of production of this Iconic vehicle, the demand and interest in them has soared. The fact that they are basically huge piles of mechano makes them also an attractive proposition for scum bags to steal and then break up and sell parts off on eBay etc.

We currently have a truck in for repair that was stolen just south of Hereford and abandoned just a few miles away after causing a compound accident. The sad part is that the truck is its owners only means of transport, and sadly because of a few moments of some theiving lowlife may be written off by its insurers.

Trackers, immobilisers and visible anti theft deterrents are currently all being well discussed by Landrover and other vehicle owners.

Pete

Yes Pete , I had a series 3 SWB 2.2 petrol with free wheeling hubs. I sold it for more than I paid for it but regretted it ever since. The wife hated it for all the reasons well known, comfort,lack of heating and noise!

For me though it was an escape.