Sausage & Cider Family Festival

Colin James

I took my niece and nephew yesterday, what a rip off! I paid £8.50 for me and £7 each for my niece and nephew, not sure what the fee was for because then I had to pay for them to go onto the rides. Cider was £4 per pint and hot dog £5, spent over £50 in less than 2 hours! Lesson learned.

From what I have heard this has been a huge rip off.  No doubt the Council will get a nice bung for hosting it.  What  a missed opportunity for local producers of cider and sausages.  Both of which this county is renowned for.  Local produce could and should have been showcased. 

Who was it that said we are in it together - pah what a load of tosh.

What is it with this town, the food fair has been dropped and this thing was obviously staged by an out of area set up supplying their own caterers. The council were aware and just sat back and let it happen. We have enough suppliers locally to cater for these events but it doesn't happen. 

Yep went Saturday morning blew a fortune for what? Bands artists were not the best, even then being drowned out by the clashes of Danters 90s tunes!! Heard "oasis" and I think Liam had just woken up from an autopsy! Tried a few ciders, I'll stick with Westons thanks. I'm sure the festival was ment to be in Hertfordshire..........

Just had this response on our FaceBook Page:

Carl Barrington

I went y.day to the sausage and cider only in there for 2 hrs! Average price for rides £2.50! I wqs shocked and annoyed that no local cider makers giving out tasters n then buy if you like! Hot dogs £4 and pork roll £5! Also thought it would if been more going on there

Here is another post from our FB Page:

Colette Cutter I don't understand how they are allowed to fence off an area and then charge an entry fee on a piece of land that allegedly belongs to the public (correct me if I'm wrong). I was also told that some people wanted to bring in crisps and a bottle of water for their child but we're told they were not allowed. Typically Danters will have made a nice profit. Whole thing left a sour taste for me I'm afraid.

Another, I think I will drop a letter to the HT.

Tom Boland It cost my wife and me £17 to get in. I'm glad i haven't got any kids as they would have been £7 each too! We were frisked on the way in, just in case we were trying to smuggle some boiled sweets (I'm not joking. Some people were having bags of sweets and raisins confiscated! ). There was one burger van selling sausages and that was it. There was a bar selling cider. That was the extent of the whole sausage and cider link. Pretty tenuous. The amount of security there was ridiculous, and they were doing their best to look intimidating. All in all it seemed to be no more than a cynical money grabbing exercise. Once people were through that gate, they were subjected to further high prices on everything. 

Andie Jordan I felt it was really over priced, I was expecting a farmers type market selling local sausages & cider instead it was over priced fast food with every sausage looking the same - like a chip shop jumbo sausage, and the vegetable ones were cheap frozen cardboard, music was good but rest was pants, such a shame x 

• Kelly-anne Wynd If you prebooked, you can contact eventbrite on 08006528399. They won't refund you, but will take on board any copmments re. dealing with this company.

You can email the company at jimmy@redjellyproductions.com, adam@redjellyproductions.com, and charlotte@redjellyproductions.com

The address on their company page is

Red Jelly Productions ltd

Festival & Events Management. 

Suit 3

Blueberry Worx

Woodville 

Derbyshire

Like Â· Reply Â· 3 mins
  • 420901_10151241888160171_812816142_n.jpg

Kelly-anne Wynd The Swansea Sausage & Cider Family Festival was a shambles too. Look at the comments on there. They deleted my comments because I took the time to tell people how to complain.

I thought it was Eventbright or Eventbrite but then somebody mentioned Danter sounds all very dodgy to me.  I hope the Council had their money prior to the event!  Strange that Cllr Hannah Lerego has spoken so highly of it.  Everybody has their own standards I suppose. 

I promoted this on Facebook, Twitter and here as I always try to do for local events, :Blushing_32:  I feel very disappointed by this response, however, when I took the photographs yesterday I couldn't help but notice it was all fenced off which I thought then was a little odd.

James Webb I've heard from a friend about 4 out of 22 ciders were local to the County. Bring back the Flavours of Herefordshire Festival

James Webb Also why can't these 'festivals' be about freedom to wander, choose where you'd like to go, take picnics, enjoy yourselves and not have ridiculous amusements that are at best tacky and expensive. People spend more when they feel they are getting value for money, I.e. free entry.....just a thought 

John Powell Thought I would echo some of the negativity about the festival. Definitely overpriced for a Herefordshire event. I enjoyed the Beatles cover band but that was it. Have had better sausages at school and cider choices were limited. I had images of a Beer on the Wye type set-up but left feeling very disappointed. I would urge everyone not to go tomorrow and needs serious overhaul if it comes to town next year.

Thanks for these comments. I was going to take some young family members along as I thought it would be local food/sausages and local ciders, like the festivals that are organised on the Castle Green. Those are organised by the Friends of the Castle Green and are usually free so it means that we spend our money on the local produce and enjoy supporting local businesses. Perhaps this highlights the difference between the Friends of the Castle Green, who are local Hereford people and Herefordshire Council where many of the councillors come from out of County or certainly dont live near the City. 

I thought the King George V playing fields are playing fields and so couldnt be fenced off and people charged to go there.

Sue Griffiths I'd love to know where the children's entertainment like punch and Judy and balloon modelling is! I've dragged my young daughter down in the rain and there's f all for little ones. I thought I'd make my own judgement rather than listening to all the other negative comments and feedback (I notice no management have responsed to any so obviously agree ). False advertising and a con. Let's make sure these scroungers don't bring this to Hereford next year! Oh and I had my baby changing bag rummaged through on my way in to make sure I wasn't smuggling food in! Grow up

Hayley Jayne I think it was a very expensive experience for myself and family to go in was £48 to just get in food was also expensive £4 for a hot dog for myself n cos a extra £2 for a sausage on its own so basically cost me £2 for a bread roll is disgusting! I have to little boys which went on the fair £2 ago plus other stools this was my most expensive family day out could have gone off for the day for half the price and enjoyed ourselfs more!

Emily Leroy I went. Was 8.50 for adult 6.50 child on gate. £4 burger or sausage. £4 pint. Rides about same as may fair. Music not to my taste but was good. Overall it was ok but definitely not a cheap family day out as it was portrayed. A family of 4 could easily of spent £100
Anne Elizabeth Jones Thought the entrance charge was far too high-even prebooked it cost £45 for 6 of us to just get in.Cider was £4 a pint.Didn't eat anything-my daughter was totally ripped off for £10 for 2 pork rolls.Have to say l enjoyed the music but wouldn't bother to go again.Bring back the Food Festival! 

Hayley Louise Half price tickets today?! I'm annoyed too Hay! The security were over the top I even asked them if any celebrities were attending yesterday! One of my boys who is 3 is a very fussy eater so when we got to the gates I noticed they were taking food off the children which I found disgusting so I had to give my boys there lunch out side the gate at 11am instead of having it thrown away! Prices were too high! Like Hayley said we could have gone somewhere out of Hereford for the price of that! £70 gone and nothing to show for it and the hotdogs were rubbish/bread rolls were stale and cost £4-£5 each!

This is really awful to be overcharged to be searched to have your food conviscated to be served questionable food at inflated prices.  People could have gone to Waitrose and bought enough to eat well for a week and have change.

What department in the Council is responsible for taking bookings for the King George's Playing Field and do they actually do any research before accepting the booking.  This has not done Hereford any good at all.

People who attended should start writing to the Council and complain loudly.

Swansea also had the same Festival and the Facebook comments are just as daming.