Thank You

Glenda Powell

Paul, The two groups (INDE & IOC) are as far apart as they could be, there are some in the IOC & Inde has good intentions but go about it in the wrong way, i.e. personal gain, at the expense of the people they serve. The Inde in the past has spoken with IOC to do what some have already said decide to not put candidates up against each other on the same ward, and to be fair to the group I am no longer with they have done that only for IOC to go back on their word, they did this time as in 2011 flooded all wards with candidates even where Independents were standing prime example Newton Farm where I was told by John Harrington they were not putting anyone up in Newton Farm, as it has been said before on another thread it just dilutes the votes and no one wins. All opposition groups need to look where they went wrong this time and look again at the way they go about things because until they do they will all lose! Thank you for your vote.

I too voted for you Glenda, that said, you can't really have a go at IOC for trying to get as many candidates to stand, the person at fault here is not your opposition but your own party member!!!! I agree with what others have said, joining forces would be an option certainly worth having a discussion together about, nothing to loose by having a look if both parties can find common ground. There are some bad apples in both parties as far as I can tell, so this *** for tat is nonproductive. Together you could easy get rid of the conservative council or you can both plod along and they win every time.  

Really sorry that you did not win glenda but there loss is our gain because you have inside knowledge on how they operate & now you will have the opportunity to scrutinise some of the councillors & there decisions without fear but with the freedom of the electorate Phil Edwards should be afraid,very afraid this could turn out to be a poisonous chalice for him?!

I am sad that Glenda Powell did not get in she has done a lot for the people of Newton Farm over the past 12yrs.I am disgusted at the way Phil Edwards run his campaign.Telling every one she was too ill to be a Councillor.I was there at the count and what he did after the results snatching the microphone and saying tell Belmont voice I have won.He came to my house around 2 weeks ago and I told him it was disgusting him going against Glenda when he was told not to.I asked him why was he not standing for Belmont he said because Adrian Bridges was well that backfired as he didn't get in.I asked him why he doesn't come on this website he told me because of the lies that were on here about him.He also said he was taking legal action against Colin and Hereford Voice.He also said he had permission to put the sign on the toilets I said well the council can't find the man who owns it so how did he If he. If he had stood for Belmont they might now have 2 independents as Councillors .Big mistake now it looks bad on him :Blushing_32: .Also I helped Glenda with putting up some campaign boards funny thing happened within half an hour of putting one up at the top of Newton Farm it disappeared, who was canvasing in the area him and now it has come to light someone saw him putting it in the back of his car.If this is true bad on you for the dirty tricks that have been done.You will find the job as Councillor on Newton Farm a lot harder than Belmont.As Glenda gave 100% of her time to us all.I know you come on here and read the posts well maybe now you might like to write something like all the other Councillors do.

I am sad that Glenda Powell did not get in she has done a lot for the people of Newton Farm over the past 12yrs.I am disgusted at the way Phil Edwards run his campaign.Telling every one she was too ill to be a Councillor.I was there at the count and what he did after the results snatching the microphone and saying tell Belmont voice I have won.He came to my house around 2 weeks ago and I told him it was disgusting him going against Glenda when he was told not to.I asked him why was he not standing for Belmont he said because Adrian Bridges was well that backfired as he didn't get in.I asked him why he doesn't come on this website he told me because of the lies that were on here about him.He also said he was taking legal action against Colin and Hereford Voice.He also said he had permission to put the sign on the toilets I said well the council can't find the man who owns it so how did he If he. If he had stood for Belmont they might now have 2 independents as Councillors .Big mistake now it looks bad on him :Blushing_32: .Also I helped Glenda with putting up some campaign boards funny thing happened within half an hour of putting one up at the top of Newton Farm it disappeared, who was canvasing in the area him and now it has come to light someone saw him putting it in the back of his car.If this is true bad on you for the dirty tricks that have been done.You will find the job as Councillor on Newton Farm a lot harder than Belmont.As Glenda gave 100% of her time to us all.I know you come on here and read the posts well maybe now you might like to write something like all the other Councillors do.

I'm baffled as to why any decent candidate would want to compete with a fellow party member in the same area. We all know Glenda has represented NF for years so this move by Mr Edwards is rather nasty, but it is obviously more of an ego thing I think Oh well, what goes around comes around. I hope that Glenda can brush herself down and stand again when the opportunity presents itself. I agree with a lot of others on here that the independents and IOC working together would of got shot the conservative council for sure.  

Mr Edwards comes on here regular, I know because he told someone that I know, he claims he will not come on because lies have been written about him??? What is he referring too? Why doesn't he come on and defend himself if thats the case? Load of pish! I spoke with Colin and he offered this website originally to Belmont Rural for FREE and they declined his kind offer and decided to spend our money on their own website which never looks updated to me. Mr Edwards had the opportunity to come on here like my other councillors have done in the early days, so this lie business is just an excuse. 

Phil Edwards do not like websites, including the Herefordshire Independents one, what it is he doesn't like is the fact people  will question him if ever he came on here and he doesn't like that. I know a lot of  people were waiting for him to knock their door about his election leaflet taking credit for what I did and I know at least two caught him and really went to town on him, he then said " I haven't got your vote then" he so thick skinned. Newton Farm is a hard ward to manage, and his attitude to the people will have to change as if not as the saying goes "they will have him for breakfast"  Ha! Ha! he is about to learn the people won't let him get away with anything, but as I said before I will enjoy sitting back and see everything fall apart around his feet.