Hereford May Fair 2015

Colin James

Indeed!

Welcome Ben, good to have you here!

I recognise that name??? Andy Liquorice...... maybe from the Saturday music café sessions at The Courtyard????

Back to the fair...... Candy floss and carousel..... that's just perfect for me!

I think the fair is a good old Hereford tradition & is great for the younger generations so long may it continue!

It's also great to see high town being made use of in the evening as a social gathering place…would be great to see it being used to stage a concert or like now & again!

I think the fair is a good old Hereford tradition & is great for the younger generations so long may it continue!

Agreed.

It's also great to see high town being made use of in the evening as a social gathering place...

Just leave the Coffee Cart there all night ... I'd probably prefer that to all the vehicular movement (morning noon and night) moving it out then in again. The amount of vehicle movement in what is a pedestrian precinct is crazy. Cart gets towed in, gets towed out, then ten minutes later it is towed in again ...

would be great to see it being used to stage a concert or like now & again!

The venue struggles with the Christmas light switch on .... Various people selling glow sticks out of shopping trolleys .... With the entertainment supplied by Sunshine Radio. Just a crazy tacky event .... 

The venue struggles with the Christmas light switch on .... Various people selling glow sticks out of shopping trolleys .... With the entertainment supplied by Sunshine Radio. Just a crazy tacky event ....

I can't say that I've ever been to the turning on of the Christmas lights, but I'm sure if something was put together & done professionally,glow stick sellers free I'm sure it could work rather well?!

I can't say that I've ever been to the turning on of the Christmas lights, but I'm sure if something was put together & done professionally,glow stick sellers free I'm sure it could work rather well?!

Obviously all with a backdrop of the fire ravaged River Island bomb site .... Fair now paying it's fifth visit to it .... Queen even paid a passing visit to it .... 

Obviously all with a backdrop of the fire ravaged River Island bomb site .... Fair now paying it's fifth visit to it .... Queen even paid a passing visit to it ....

Yes well that's a disgrace how it's be allowed to remain in such a dilapidated state of disrepair the council along with English heritage should be able to compulsory purchase such properties @ a very reduced rated so as in order to put it right?

But I guess they have not done this as they have no money?

• 1 month later...

Great photos there Colin.

Love the fair, as to my grandkids though it is an expensive night out there is no doubt about that.

Roger - cant agree with you ref the Lights Switch On - there was thousands there year before last when I went (public not glowstick sellers!) and it was pretty good. Think it was a Sunday afternoon. Last year was a Weds night from memory which is why I couldnt make it. Not sure how busy it was?

I definitely agree with you ref the hoarding/scaffold continuing to blight the vicinity.