Still only been there once.

I've not been there. If I could park for free to collect potential 'shopping' I might have. I just perceive the site to be a very small scale gimmicky copy of what is offered elsewhere. The cinema doesn't interest me as I got a tv at home that covers the wall. Thousands of channels on it. Can't believe the City Centre is basically structured around offering coffee ... 

I would rather see a coffee shop than an empty shop. 

Your a bundle of joy aren't you! Its a good job everyone does not have the same views  :Hmm:  or Hereford would be truly buggered. You mention there are not many mens clothes shops, there is hardly any in the city centre either, yet you have not been to even have a look. Sorry but people like you really annoy me, You buy your clothes online, well that's your choice of course, but online shopping is killing the high st, you will be the first to complain if it all closed down, its here now, the least we can all do is support it.  

Wow, I do not think only going once to a shopping centre, if you want it to call it that have nothing to do with me being a bundle of joy or not.

We used to have mens clothes shops in the city centre, but since we got very little choice in our city now, where else do you think I should get my clothes from? I suppose I could go to Cardiff, may go there in the summer anyway. the high street is dead anyway, so shopping online is not going to much more damaged.

I try to support local shops if I can, butchers and bakeries not that we have got many local bakeries. in fact I think we only have one in the city centre and that is behind the butter market. 

I would not complain if the old market closed down, it holds little interest for me, it would be a shame about the lost of jobs, even if most are part time and on low wages. 

We need more shops in the city centre, but the Old market took a lot of them, something we was told would not happen, again we have been lied to over and over again about that monstrosity that now stands on the cattle market site. It seems like it is falling apart already with the tarpaulin on the roof, which I seen going past it yesterday.

I would rather see a coffee shop than an empty shop. 

A nice artisan bakery would be nice as well. I would not mind seeing a local coffee shop, too many chain ones now with Costa taking two and I am not sure what Nero is doing. There was some talk about it going to mothercare, but that is to let, so if they was going there, it would not be advertised to let.

I rather sit in the coffee cart by the butter market watching the world go by than sit in one of the coffee chain stores.

Talking about bakeries I found out this weekend that the Cafe@All Saints in Hereford bake fresh bread every day for sale to the public. Unlike the supermarket "fresh" bread where the dough can be 3 months old before it goes in the oven, the Cafe makes fresh dough and bakes early in the morning every day. I would rather buy locally a small amount of fresh good bread when I can afford it than eat alot of that pappy stuff that sometimes goes by the name of bread. Apparently the Cafe were making their own sourdough bread but there weren't enough buyers to make it worthwhile and so this line has stopped. To me these local cafes and shops are much more interesting and offer better products than the large chain restaurants in the OLM. Cant understand why the OLM shopping centre is facing north which makes it freezing cold. I thought the frontages would be on the south side - the sunny side of the street! All a bit back to front to my simple mind.

I have and always will support as many shops in the City as I can and that includes the OLM.

It's not about chain stores Adrian it's about supporting local people who work in them

I work in a supermarket myself, so I do support some chain stores, but even working in a supermarket I still prefer to get stuff from small local shops.

As i said, there is nothing in the OLM to get me to shop there.

Talking about bakeries I found out this weekend that the Cafe@All Saints in Hereford bake fresh bread every day for sale to the public. Unlike the supermarket "fresh" bread where the dough can be 3 months old before it goes in the oven, the Cafe makes fresh dough and bakes early in the morning every day. I would rather buy locally a small amount of fresh good bread when I can afford it than eat alot of that pappy stuff that sometimes goes by the name of bread. Apparently the Cafe were making their own sourdough bread but there weren't enough buyers to make it worthwhile and so this line has stopped. To me these local cafes and shops are much more interesting and offer better products than the large chain restaurants in the OLM. Cant understand why the OLM shopping centre is facing north which makes it freezing cold. I thought the frontages would be on the south side - the sunny side of the street! All a bit back to front to my simple mind.

Just to put you right, the supermarket I work at do not have 3 month old dough. The bread and rolls are made fresh on the day from flour that is delivered every day. The only bread that is not produced on site is Organic and that is frozen when it comes in.

Now that is over with, I have seen the notices about bread being sold at All saints, there is also someone on the retail market that sells lovely bread, not that I have managed to get any yet, but my mate have and I eat it when I am at his place.

I will get some bread from All saints at some point, I do not eat much bread at the moment due to health problem and the lack of taste. Once that is sorted I will buy some nice bread.

I do go into some chain restaurants, like Wetherspoons a few days back and  Nero. Mcdonalds I have not been in for 30 years, but I have to break that soon as I promised a friend I will go in there with here. Me and my big mouth.

I had a pop into Tiffanys today in the butter market, it was ok, never been in there before.

Places like Frankie and benny, Zizzi, Chimichanga, wagamama, Prezzo and Nandos  just don't do anything for me. Just glorified fast food restaurants.It is not because their are chain stores.

I'm still none the wiser as to why the roof of TKMaxx is covered in a white tarpaulin! This is highly visible, has been there for weeks, yet nothing seems to be happening!

If they've sprung a leak, it must be a large one!

Okay I think I can answer this now. I asked the question and this is their reply:

Old Market Hereford Hi Hereford Voice. We are currently making improvements to the walkway on level two, these are due to be completed shortly.