Still only been there once.

Hi Adrian..yes I do because Debenhams offers a better product offering for old knights that still wear double cuff shirts etc. M&S is pretty poor these days and although there are a couple of gents shops about I'm a little tight with my shrapnel.

To be fair I think the OLM is good, it could be better by having a bigger choice of stores and maybe a roof! An ATM machine would also be useful, but I have to be honest I think its lifted the city, for me Hereford was dying with bugger all here, at least now we have a bit more choice.

To be fair I think the OLM is good, it could be better by having a bigger choice of stores and maybe a roof! An ATM machine would also be useful, but I have to be honest I think its lifted the city, for me Hereford was dying with bugger all here, at least now we have a bit more choice.

I agree mate and don't laugh but I came across a couple last week that came from Cheltenham..what irony!

Agree.The number of people coming and going from the OLM especially on weekends is staggering,Widemarsh Street is by far the busiest street in town.

On another note,whilst having coffee outside Costa I always have a rant to the missus about cars doing way in excess of 30mph when the speed limit is 20.

Agree.The number of people coming and going from the OLM especially on weekends is staggering,Widemarsh Street is by far the busiest street in town.

On another note,whilst having coffee outside Costa I always have a rant to the missus about cars doing way in excess of 30mph when the speed limit is 20.

Right Ragwert so when you are next in Costa have a word with either Anthony or Tom and treat both your good lady wife and yourself to a Coffee on me. I will talk to the boys next week! ...and your right about the speed limit!

I've not been there. If I could park for free to collect potential 'shopping' I might have. I just perceive the site to be a very small scale gimmicky copy of what is offered elsewhere. The cinema doesn't interest me as I got a tv at home that covers the wall. Thousands of channels on it. Can't believe the City Centre is basically structured around offering coffee ... 

I've not been there. If I could park for free to collect potential 'shopping' I might have. I just perceive the site to be a very small scale gimmicky copy of what is offered elsewhere. The cinema doesn't interest me as I got a tv at home that covers the wall. Thousands of channels on it. Can't believe the City Centre is basically structured around offering coffee ...

You see that's the thing.

Mrs Knight and I internet shop for many things and actually it would be quite possible to avoid town completely but still find to either walk or drive into town parking in Gaol Street (I'm sure you know where that is Roger) . We will walk through Old Town, Post Office, Market etc sometimes ending up in old market site. We are still putting money into the shops.

I'd rather have a Coffee shop than another blank canvass and we've used the cinema!( have small TV ..thousands of channels with no substance).

You can't complain about the state of the town centre and then not bother to use it ..what's that all about!

As a footnote the Costa building provided work for Border Oak so surely that has to be a good thing business for a local company and a great position to advertise your product!!

Somehow we have to move on from this episode ..it's done now let,s support it.

We complain about empty shops but if you were presented with an opportunity to market your wears..what would it be that can't be found off the internet. Should you have an idea of promoting a niche product would you have the courage to get it out there if you felt that so many people shop from home these days. Would you stick your mortgage on it, your life savings? It's a tough call and a brave one but whatever you decide don't moan about town when your only going in once a month because if we all did that the brushwood would be blowing up the high street before high noon...want an example go to Kington or Leominster mid afternoon on a Saturday!

Use it or lose it just like the Buses,the Library..

You can't complain about the state of the town centre and then not bother to use it ..what's that all about!

I see where you are coming from. But a fire site boarded up since 2010 is not acceptable. Nor is the indulgent design of the guy who did Widemarsh Street .... Gaffer tape to stop people falling over? Or the stark makeover of Eign Gate with the light sabre's ! ? Plus I am on record about not liking the squeaky kids' ride outside M&S and the shanty town of gazebo's that sell stuff instead of the unused shops in High Town. 

Just a foot note, Border Oak turned down the Costa Build and the contract was awarded to another local Oak Framing company but it escapes me who it was? I've been over there a couple of times but find it soulless with no character, no doubt tho that the cinema has brought people into the city but it will be interesting to see how long shops last once the rent reduction finishes.

You see that's the thing.

Mrs Knight and I internet shop for many things and actually it would be quite possible to avoid town completely but still find to either walk or drive into town parking in Gaol Street (I'm sure you know where that is Roger) . We will walk through Old Town, Post Office, Market etc sometimes ending up in old market site. We are still putting money into the shops.

I'd rather have a Coffee shop than another blank canvass and we've used the cinema!( have small TV ..thousands of channels with no substance).

Yes, I totally agree greenknight. People will soon start complaining when the shops start to close through lack of support. The OLM is here now so we need to make the most of it and as you have correctly pointed out, I have never seen Widemarsh St so busy, especially at the weekends.

Personally, I love it, yes I agree that a lot of things could of been made better and I still think we are looking at the back end when coming into the city from the south, still do not understand why there was never a roof either. I am shocked to read that there is no cashpoint on sire though?

Personally, I love it, yes I agree that a lot of things could of been made better and I still think we are looking at the back end when coming into the city from the south, still do not understand why there was never a roof either. I am shocked to read that there is no cashpoint on sire though?

I have heard there is to be one installed very soon.

Well, I can say with certainty that I will never, under any circumstances enter that place known to me and many others as a monument to stupidity. Never!

In fact, thinking about it, if ever I get presented before the Magistrate for some misdemeanour and I'm ordered to carry out a number of supervised hours carrying out Community Service and I have to present myself to the Probation Services to get fitted with my orange jacket that clearly says on its back that I'm a sinner and I'm sweeping up everyone mess and litter because of my poor behaviour, I'm going to tell them, when they hand me my broom, my dustpan and my black plastic bin bag, 'I ain't bloody sweeping up the Old bloody Market shopping centre.'

Furthermore, I'll tell them 'I'm a High Town man and I'd sooner sweep up our former place of economic activity than associate my humiliation and my sweat and labour with this place that bloody Jarvis gifted us all as he sat back and became complicit in the illicit activities of some asset strippers who were lead by that red faced, shaven headed, firm handshaking bloody man from rotten Ckeveland who's last act of public service was to tell me, 'I've shredded all things that once related to Hereford Futures.'

And furthermore, if they then say, 'you'll sweep where we tell you to sweep fatso and you are cleaning up a bucket of sludge deposited just outside Debenhams, I'm going to suggest that he return me to the Magistrate where I could possibly explain from the bloody Dock just why I'm happy to spend a month in prison rather than let Jarvis see me sweeping up his bloody mess.

I ain't going in there. Never! I'd sooner sit next to Kerry Katona in the Hospitals birthing pool and eat the placenta after shed given birth to her latest love child than enter that bloody monstrous waste of our public funds.

Agree . there has been  talk somewhere that Widemarsh St trade has been boosted, probably better than O L M itself in parts. I doubt The Mkt will be  filled before Xmas(2016) , Gloucesters clone has never been full . There is a certain  shop in  W M street that has been " CLOSING DOWN" since the new part opened .

Agree . there has been  talk somewhere that Widemarsh St trade has been boosted, probably better than O L M itself in parts. I doubt The Mkt will be  filled before Xmas(2016) , Gloucesters clone has never been full . There is a certain  shop in  W M street that has been " CLOSING DOWN" since the new part opened .

Was down there today.Nice to see there will soon be just two empty shops in Widemarsh Street when just over 12 months ago there was seven.

On the OLM there is one empty unit next to Costa and one of the three small cabins.One has opened today as a hairdressers.

There are two empty units facing Newmarket Street that are non retail.

Yes, I totally agree greenknight. People will soon start complaining when the shops start to close through lack of support. The OLM is here now so we need to make the most of it and as you have correctly pointed out, I have never seen Widemarsh St so busy, especially at the weekends.

To be honest, there is nothing there that really interest me. There is hardly any mens clothing shops and what they have is limited, so I been told, so I get my clothes online.

I am not interested in any of the restaurants, Over priced and most are not for my taste.

While I love coffee, I do not see the point in going all the way over to the Old market to have a coffee in costa. I did try the new costa in high town, the first and the last, the coffee was horrid. Nero is better and if it is nice i prefer to drink my coffee outside at the coffee cart.

Waitrose is outside my price range and since I work in a supermarket anyway, I prefer to support the place I work.

So that leaves a cinema, which I may go to one day, but the problem is they are too expensive and there have not been any films so far that have made me think about spending that amount of money to watch. Saying that I have not been to any cinema for over 10 years.

So nothing at the old Market that I have any interest in to be honest.

To be honest, there is nothing there that really interest me. There is hardly any mens clothing shops and what they have is limited, so I been told, so I get my clothes online.

I am not interested in any of the restaurants, Over priced and most are not for my taste.

While I love coffee, I do not see the point in going all the way over to the Old market to have a coffee in costa. I did try the new costa in high town, the first and the last, the coffee was horrid. Nero is better and if it is nice i prefer to drink my coffee outside at the coffee cart.

Waitrose is outside my price range and since I work in a supermarket anyway, I prefer to support the place I work.

So that leaves a cinema, which I may go to one day, but the problem is they are too expensive and there have not been any films so far that have made me think about spending that amount of money to watch. Saying that I have not been to any cinema for over 10 years.

So nothing at the old Market that I have any interest in to be honest.

Your a bundle of joy aren't you! Its a good job everyone does not have the same views  :Hmm:  or Hereford would be truly buggered. You mention there are not many mens clothes shops, there is hardly any in the city centre either, yet you have not been to even have a look. Sorry but people like you really annoy me, You buy your clothes online, well that's your choice of course, but online shopping is killing the high st, you will be the first to complain if it all closed down, its here now, the least we can all do is support it.