Cllr. Phil Edwards & The Oval Toilets

Bill Thomas

I don't think you need to worry about upsetting folks, Denise.... that's the great thing about this forum, it's a great place to exchange ideas, opinions and information.

Personally, I can't see this happening. Should there be a need for any sort of alliance, there are some very good Independent councillors.

This is the only sort of alliance I can see......IOC and Independents.

But that's just my opinion!!

I don't think you need to worry about upsetting folks, Denise.... that's the great thing about this forum, it's a great place to exchange ideas, opinions and information.

Personally, I can't see this happening. Should there be a need for any sort of alliance, there are some very good Independent councillors.

This is the only sort of alliance I can see......IOC and Independents.

But that's just my opinion!!

I agree dippy. 

Saw Cllr Edwards mowing the grass by Waterfield road yesterday on a sit on mower.Why was he not at the polling station?.Cllr Glenda Powell was there all day.And he was out taking all his signs down at 10 pm last night.No more toilet jokes :Sad:

Well, I'm given to understand that when Councillor Edwards accepted his 'win' in his Ward, he stood on the winners podium and made some light hearted quip that was aimed at those amongst Hereford Voice, including me, that have previously given him a measure of ridicule and an uneasy ride.

Me? I say this fella deserves to take a swipe at people like me. I fully deserve it and rather than flinch and mutter 'he's a rotter', I fully embrace his barbed comment about us on Hereford Voice and rather than retaliate I accept the blow, wish him well and congratulate him on his resistance, his thick skin and his ability to punch me back.

Good for him I say. If I'd been in his shoes, I'd have done exactly the same and 'we' shouldn't complain when we get a bit back. It ain't personal. It's politics and I congratulate the fella, albeit he has helped end the career of my friend Glenda Vaughan Powell.

Well, I'm given to understand that when Councillor Edwards accepted his 'win' in his Ward, he stood on the winners podium and made some light hearted quip that was aimed at those amongst Hereford Voice, including me, that have previously given him a measure of ridicule and an uneasy ride.

Me? I say this fella deserves to take a swipe at people like me. I fully deserve it and rather than flinch and mutter 'he's a rotter', I fully embrace his barbed comment about us on Hereford Voice and rather than retaliate I accept the blow, wish him well and congratulate him on his resistance, his thick skin and his ability to punch me back.

Good for him I say. If I'd been in his shoes, I'd have done exactly the same and 'we' shouldn't complain when we get a bit back. It ain't personal. It's politics and I congratulate the fella, albeit he has helped end the career of my friend Glenda Vaughan Powell.

I am quite shocked that he stood against another independent, I do not believe he had the best interest of the party in mind when he made that decision more of a personal goal, unwise move because it has cost his party in the long run. It does however confirm to me what others have said about him.  :Hmm:

Some of the things I have been reading about Phil Edwards are very unfair.  I worked on the Parish Council with Phil for a number of years and he always worked extremely hard for the parish giving of his best all the time.  He deserves this post although I feel very sorry for Glenda.

Well done Phil - not an easy ward I am sure!!!

Nice to know we got under his collar, funny that, of course he never visits this site does he ha ha ONLY DAILY! 

I am quite shocked that he stood against another independent, I do not believe he had the best interest of the party in mind when he made that decision more of a personal goal, unwise move because it has cost his party in the long run. It does however confirm to me what others have said about him.  :Hmm:

All done in very poor taste, he is out of order imo. I thought 2for1 deals where for supermarkets.

To my mind, quite the most unattractive aspect of the character of the new councillor for Newton Farm is that the man in garrulous.

Some years back, a friend and I used to attend the full Council meetings at the Shire Hall - that is, until we both realised that they were turning us into masochists, such was the unbearable tedium of the majority of the contributions. The place only seemed to come to life when either Mark Hubbard or Liz Harvey were given the floor.

The low points of the morning's oratory were either pompous outpourings by the rotund member for Kington, tedious contributions from the Pembridge pip-squeak (now representing Arrow), or long meandering cicumlocutions from Councillor Edwards. These would invariably end with the 4 words which were always magic to our ears: "In conclusion, Madame Chairman..." (though this was only a signal that he intended to talk for another 5 minutes!).

To my mind, quite the most unattractive aspect of the character of the new councillor for Newton Farm is that the man in garrulous.

Some years back, a friend and I used to attend the full Council meetings at the Shire Hall - that is, until we both realised that they were turning us into masochists, such was the unbearable tedium of the majority of the contributions. The place only seemed to come to life when either Mark Hubbard or Liz Harvey were given the floor.

The low points of the morning's oratory were either pompous outpourings by the rotund member for Kington, tedious contributions from the Pembridge pip-squeak (now representing Arrow), or long meandering cicumlocutions from Councillor Edwards. These would invariably end with the 4 words which were always magic to our ears: "In conclusion, Madame Chairman..." (though this was only a signal that he intended to talk for another 5 minutes!).

Once GK , I managed it just once.

• 2 weeks later...