New Goodrich Grove Houses Address Error

Colin James

I have just read this on another site and said that I would post it on here, can anyone confirm if Keith B is correct?

Keith B

Could someone at the Council note that the new houses at the top of Goodrich Grove (where you turn right to continue on Waterfield Road) have the same address as several of the houses at the start of Waterfield Road from the mini-roundabout.

Someone has made an error!

The 22 houses that are on the old vortex site at the start of Waterfield road although some have same house number that part of the development is called Vortex Way the houses in Goodrich Grove before  you get to the police station on both sides of the road is Goodrich Grove, below the police station and also facing Belmont road is called Radford Gardens they are the houses on the open market. Problem being there is no street signs up at the moment.

The 22 houses that are on the old vortex site at the start of Waterfield road although some have same house number that part of the development is called Vortex Way the houses in Goodrich Grove before  you get to the police station on both sides of the road is Goodrich Grove, below the police station and also facing Belmont road is called Radford Gardens they are the houses on the open market. Problem being there is no street signs up at the moment.

Thats clever, build the houses move people into those house but don't put any signposts or street names in place.  :Hmm:

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

At the start of the road are 2 signs. At road level is a sign stating Waterfield Road but mounted on the wall of the first house is a sign stating Vortex Way.

Surely someone realises that is confusing?

Morning Keith, they probably think that's okay! ha ha But I am sure GVP is on the case  :Winky:

I was interviewed when this problem came to light which resulted in the story in the HT on April 16th, I contacted HHL and Keepmoat about the confusion the lack of signage was causing, and within two weeks the signage was up, some people may find it confusing but personally I don't, and the signs were put on the houses for that reason and to stop them being vandalised, that said, the residents living in these houses don't like the signs on the walls of their homes.

Going slightly off subject, but connected to the area concerned I asked for the potholes to be filled in on Goodrich Grove they were done within three days of my asking and the road will be resurfaced at end of May beginning of June.

Well done Glenda. I was assuming that they were probably waiting until all the heavy vehicles had finished before looking at the state of the road but am glad you have been on the case.

I guess removing the road level road sign for Waterfield Road would help with recognition now.

Thanks Glenda.

Well done Glenda. I was assuming that they were probably waiting until all the heavy vehicles had finished before looking at the state of the road but am glad you have been on the case.

I guess removing the road level road sign for Waterfield Road would help with recognition now.

Thanks Glenda.

• 3 weeks later...