Disability Discrimination on Wirral. Bill Norman's role...

WirralPC

This was just part of an elaborate cover up after £736,756.97 was stolen from learning disabled people's bank accounts over an 8 / 9 year period:

https://wirralinittogether.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/dla-piper-llp-came-to-the-aid-of-abusive-wirral-council-in-their-hour-of-need/

As far as disability discrimination goes, the only people to be stolen from were disabled people.  If you were an able-bodied tenant, the searchlight moved on until it found a disabled one.

The Audit Commission are being wound up on 31st March this year and replaced by new organisations. The Audit Commission’s role was to protect the public purse.

Fraud valued at £188 million was detected by England’s councils in 2013/14, a ten-fold increase since 1990. The figure beats all records for the past 25 years, the Audit Commission revealed in its latest report on fraud in local government.

‘Protecting the Public Purse’, the final one being issued before the Commission closes at the end of March 2015, looks at the landscape of fraud against councils and how this has changed since 1990, when the Audit Commission first turned the spotlight on to local government fraud with its ‘Protecting the Public Purse’ reports.

The case studies at the end of the report make interesting reading.

The legal test as I understand it would be. Were these people treated less favourable because of their disability than a person not suffering from a disability? If only disabled people's bank accounts were plundered then there is a clear link between their disability and the plundering of their accounts. A person without a disability and capable of managing their own financial affairs was not targeted because they would have noticed irregularities in the money taken from their accounts. Therefore the discrimination aspect is clear 'they were subject to discrimination because of their disability'.

Which is how I read it Flam.  Bill Norman saw it differently, and somebody - I don't know WHO to this day (but most likely Anna Klonowski) - instead of acting on the EHRC's clear findings of disability discrimination, decided to appoint DLA Piper, instruct them to ignore Mike Smith, look again at the issue and...

Hey Presto! They came up with the opposite conclusion.

At the time, Bill Norman used 'Right of Reply' as the reasoning for not disclosing the names of senior officers involved within the Anna Klonowski report.

It's now 2015 and most of the names are still concealed.

The Audit Commission are being wound up on 31st March this year and replaced by new organisations. The Audit Commission’s role was to protect the public purse.

Fraud valued at £188 million was detected by England’s councils in 2013/14, a ten-fold increase since 1990. The figure beats all records for the past 25 years, the Audit Commission revealed in its latest report on fraud in local government.

‘Protecting the Public Purse’, the final one being issued before the Commission closes at the end of March 2015, looks at the landscape of fraud against councils and how this has changed since 1990, when the Audit Commission first turned the spotlight on to local government fraud with its ‘Protecting the Public Purse’ reports.

The case studies at the end of the report make interesting reading.

The Audit Commission did a whitewash when Martin Morton reported his concerns about money being stolen from disabled people's bank accounts.  Mike Thomas, the then district auditor was long regarded by those in the know as having been 'got at'.

I suspect to get a true figure on council fraud, we'd need to add a nought or two to declared estimates.

Wirral PC said:

The reason I placed this request was that in 2010, I’d asked Angela Eagle, my MP, to seek an opinion from the Equality & Human Rights Commission on Wirral’s callous and repeated abuse of 16 of their learning disabled tenants over an 8 year period – when a total of £736,756.97 was plundered from theirs and others’ bank accounts unlawfully.

Sounds like they are following the work of the Office for the Public Guardian:

Secret court seizes £3.2bn from elderly... and even forces furious families to pay to access own bank account

The Abuse of Grandma B – How Corrupt Officials are plundering the Assets of the Elderly 

One signature from a social worker certifies you as mentally incapacitated, then Office of the Public Guardian takes charge of your assets. 

Welcome to the website that is working to expose the property/financial rape/cleansing of the elderly/vulnerable "whom hold capacity" and whom are being "forced" into care homes against their will by government/judiciary agents whom want to steal & plunder their assets/cash!

It was in the interest of the Council to prove it was 'not' disability discrimination because the ramifications are huge! Bill Norman and the like will abandon any sense of human decency to protect their own positions and livelihood. They justify it by convincing themselves they are right in what they are saying, I wonder if he ever had a sleepless night? It is action like this that has a profound effect on the people targeted. I have heard of instances were people have attempted suicide because of similar treatment when reporting the wrongs perpetrated by our Public Sectors. Martin Moreton as you say, has had his life turned upside down and the stress he has suffered must be unsurmountable. I would hope that people like Bill Norman question the morality of their actions daily and think very carefully before they subject anyone else to similar treatment. Somehow I seriously doubt it!

Well I for one am going to flip this issue of Little Bill on its head and propose we start looking at his trail of disasters from an entirely different angle of perspective.

Little Bill is not a violent man. To the best of my knowledge and belief he's never involved himself in any public disturbance, unless I'm wrong, he does not sell illicit tobacco, he rarely takes sick leave and I've never seen him down the Lugg fiddling around trying to sex amphibians, which leaves me to conclude that Bill, Little Bill, is either very unlucky or very bad at his job.

I do not accept that Billy is bad. Never! Little Bill is simply unlucky, probably incompetent and a public servant who for many reasons becomes to closely associated with poor decision making which result in him having to move about the Country to escape the bag of rats that he helped create.

Little Bill has so many good points that are often overlooked. For starters, he's never, ever been rude to me, he's never been thrown out of the Commercial and I'll fight any man who says that he doesn't give two jots about the dreadful rise in cases of The Syphilis. In short, Billy is just the same as most of us, other than, he is very poor at his job and he's placed very highly with his hands on the levers of power which, given our predicament is bloody bad luck for us the ratepayers of Herefordshire.

I'd say this! Instead of us gibbering on about how bad Billy is at his job let's show a modicum of gratitude and be grateful that he is not violent toward us.

Furthermore, I'd say that Billy is an inspiration to all the underachievers out there. He has demonstrated that no matter how bloody bad you are within your role and no matter how many disasters you helped to create, you can still survive, still flourish and with a little support from those around you who are as stupid as they come, you can be a success even though it can often defy all logically thinking.

Abuse is endemic across the country and this does include the situation highlighted by UK Column - Racist Thames Valley Police And Oxford Safeguarding Board Protect Paedophiles, raised two years ago in March 2013.

(extracts)

A council whistleblower silenced by managers after raising the alarm about child sexual abuse in Oxfordshire has told how he believes senior staff must have known what was going on.

Dermot Norridge has been revealed as the retired police officer who detailed his concerns in a string of emails about one of six child victims targeted by sadistic gang members, six years before some of them were eventually jailed.

Despite alerting senior child protection staff, Mr Norridge was accused of being unprofessional and ordered to stop sending the emails. His unheeded warnings were revealed earlier this week in a serious case review of the catastrophic failings of Oxfordshire police and social services that allowed an estimated 370 girls to be sexual ly exploited.

Mr Norridge said that he contacted Andy Couldrick, then head of children’s social care at the county council and now the chief executive of Wokingham Borough Council in Berkshire. He also sent intelligence reports to the police and emailed other senior social service managers.

He was told by his manager that the county council “did not like senior staff being criticised by a junior personâ€, according to the report. Oxfordshire County Council has said that there was “absolutely no attempt†to discourage Mr Norridge from tackling the issues that he was dealing with.

Welcome to the website that is working to expose the property/financial rape/cleansing of the elderly/vulnerable "whom hold capacity" and whom are being "forced" into care homes against their will by government/judiciary agents whom want to steal & plunder their assets/cash!

Nice graphics. Two stars of David and a Swastika. Very tasteful.

Well I did Wirral PC and again keep an open mind. Firstly I never wish to see the Swastika for what it represents and secondly having read a little of the website before the mass of colour forced me to close the page I will say this.

If I had secured a positive compensation claim for around three quarters of a million quid to secure the care of a family member I'm sure that I rather not waste it in Blighty in a very exclusive nursing home heavens forbid ...they are so expensive the money would go so quickly.

I'm no expert in this aspect of healthcare however those large successful claims made against the NHS often have clauses in them in that it never gets paid as a lump sum, it can often be reviewed and the should the individual whose quality of life changed sadly pass away then the payments cease. After all the compensation was for them and not for the family members.

With elderly, poor, disabled people, foreigners and persons of differing religion coming under renewed threat in 21st Century UK, Europe and the west in general, we need to be constantly reminded about the past, no matter how unsettling it is to do this.

Banning the insignia and symbolism or being lily-livered in the face of it would only serve to condone those seeking to attack us under another banner.

Lest we forget...

Also, I agree, the site could do with a makeover..  However, there are some good links to a few worthy topics.

Hello Pete. You also missed the Mason's compasses. Strangely I didn't notice these symbols when coming across the site. They are distasteful and possibly work against those using them, but I took some time to read some of the content, although the layout is difficult to follow.

We all seek reassurance that what we read is honest and truthful, which is why people like the comfort of our national newspapers, but like them, you have to get past the front page headline to discover what they wish to convey to its readership. Most of the mainstream media use fear rather than symbology to gain the attraction of its audience. This year so far we have had ebola, NHS, wars in middle east, provocation in Russia and Ukraine, child abuse, and endless celebrity gossip rammed down our throats day and night. The TV is just as bad, the regional news reinforces the national message - however I don't say we should ban it all, just turn it off.

I find that one hour a day watching UK Column gives a different slant on things which I can also take or leave. Interestingly the BBC's Panorama programme is delving into alternative media shortly and I look forward to a balanced view.

Robert Green was sentenced today in Aberdeen Court (this Wednesday) regarding his involvement in exposing the Hollie Greig abuse case. He was sentenced to 250 hours of community service over two years and gagged for life regarding any comment or mention of the Holly Greig case or any other child abuse matter, even if a child comes to him with story of abuse. He had already spent nearly a year under house arrest in Lancashire.

Is this Scottish justice, as it doesn't appear to be British justice? Also no mention by any mainstream media as usual.

Listen to comment on UK Column Live, 6th March at 14:50

WirralPC

Posted Today

With elderly, poor, disabled people, foreigners and persons of differing religion coming under renewed threat in 21st Century UK, Europe and the west in general, we need to be constantly reminded about the past, no matter how unsettling it is to do this.

Banning the insignia and symbolism or being lily-livered in the face of it would only serve to condone those seeking to attack us under another banner.

Lest we forget...

Also, I agree, the site could do with a makeover.. However, there are some good links to a few worthy topics.

So working on this theme you think the British public will enjoy seeing the black ISIS flag as it proudly marches down Hereford Old Town maybe destroying a few essential historic artefacts to boot perhaps the Mapppa Mundi.

Sorry.. enough is done already to insight hatred in this country so in my book sticking such swastikas on your website does not necessarily get you support even if you feel your cause is a just one!

Hello Pete. You also missed the Mason's compasses.

I didn't miss them. I just didn't think they were particularly worthy of mention. Bog standard conspiracy theory iconography. I'm surprised there weren't a few pictures of David Icke's lizards just to complete the full set.

I don't doubt that elderly, handicapped and otherwise disadvantaged people are exploited by institutions but I would suggest that their interests are not going to be well served by self styled crusaders for justice who think it's a good idea to wave Swastikas about in conjunction with the Star of David.  There's also a section on the site wibbling about commercial liens - an invented concept that has no validity in English Law, at least not in the way its proponents think it does. Bonkers. I think Stilton Cheesewright has been through this in sufficient detail already.

"Good God"... as the great Allan Beswick used to mutter under his breath, before he put the phone down and moved onto the next caller.

Other groups to incur his ire were train spotters. Ah, I can see where I went wrong in my childhood. Even our local BBC radio like to intimidate their listeners. Listen to this woman (start 54:00, she kicks in at 56:00) berate Elliot Webb on his style of presentation. These presenters can't be starting the day properly with a good breakfast.

It's now 2015 and most of the names are still concealed.

The names of all the politicians involved and the names of the senior officers at Wirral Council involved (classed as Head of Service or above) were published here http://democracy.wirral.gov.uk/documents/s50002438/Table%201%20Wirral%20MBC%20Employees%20and%20Table%202%20Other%20Individuals%20and%20Organisations%20Mentioned%20in%20AKA%20Re.pdf at some point around the 20th February 2012. 

The public aren't going to get any more than that, as the rest are known only to the company that wrote the report (Anna Klonowski Associates Ltd) who aren't subject to the freedom of information legislation. 

John, are you telling us that the names of the more junior Wirral Council officers involved are not known to Wirral Council?

"...the rest are known only to the company that wrote the report..."

Bill Norman never justified his refusal to disclose in these terms i.e. the council didn't know the names.

The Independent today:

David Cameron has asked Jeremy Hunt, the Secretary of State for Health, to investigate why a whistleblower at one of the country’s largest mental health trusts is being pursued for almost £100,000 in costs after losing her case on a legal technicality.

Dr Hayley Dare, a clinical psychologist with an unblemished 20-year career in the NHS, spoke out against poor patient care at West London Mental Health Trust, but was subjected to a campaign of bullying from senior managers. Her concerns were upheld in court yet the employment tribunal found against her because it said she had not made her claim “in good faithâ€, a legal tactic often used to dismiss whistleblowing cases that was removed from legislation during Dr Dare’s case.

A relative of Dr Dare who lives in the Prime Minister’s Oxfordshire constituency wrote to Mr Cameron, asking him why the trust demanded £93,500 in costs, given the issues she had raised were upheld.

Mr Cameron replied last week, saying he was “appalled†to hear the details of the case. He said he had asked Mr Hunt for an update.

(read more)

Is the PM interested because of an election coming up soon?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you a union rep with news about your workplace? A council employee who wants to blow the whistle? Or just a humble earwigger with a bit of gossip? We want to hear what’s going on from Leintwardine to Llangarron … and beyond.

If you’re interested in writing for us, or just have a bit of a tip-off, then email kay.bulstreet@hotmail.co.uk with a brief pitch for the story you intend to write.

Like Â· Comment Â· Share Â· 921