Freedom Church Back In The News.

dippyhippy

Is FC's Jonathan's camp a camp run & organised by the newly elected councillor for wormside the one & only cllr Jonathan Johnson?

Jonathan Bretherton? Weren't Hereford Failures and FC webbed up at one point? The latter's ghastly barracks of a headquarters seemed strangely immune from the threat of being CPO'ed unlike a lot of other premises in the area.

Jonathan Bretherton? Weren't Hereford Failures and FC webbed up at one point? The latter's ghastly barracks of a headquarters seemed strangely immune from the threat of being CPO'ed unlike a lot of other premises in the area.

I think they may have been at one time or other?

But I suspect that this is Jonathan Johnson?…who was a trustee for FC.

They have a new international headquarters now the forge which used to be the old Marion fathers place.

Hereford Heckler are now running this story. They also report that Freedom Church have bought the old Marian Fathers home on Holme Lacey Road.

This is to be there new International Headquarters.

Yes I noticed the sign up on the wall this morning 

FC.jpg

Blimey - some of you don't get out much!

Stuck in front of your screens!

That sign has been up for getting on for a year now

I have not been down towards Rotherwas in a long time and I was only going to the tip and took this photo on the way back. I cover the UK with my job so I take photos as and when I see an opportunity.

Are the brethren brothers still across the way, at the end of netherwood rd? They're a funny lot too! Plenty of money tho. Tried recruiting from the factories a fair few years ago. Fair to say they probably only recruited a new vocabulary!

Radio 4 news tonight was talking about Evangelists in Ghana who the government are trying to outlaw.  Whilst they are helping the poor they are also expecting payment - you can't preach for free!  All sounds very familiar to me.

Sorry it is Pentecostals got my religions a bit mixed up 

Radio 4 news tonight was talking about Evangelists in Ghana who the government are trying to outlaw. Whilst they are helping the poor they are also expecting payment - you can't preach for free! All sounds very familiar to me.

I know someone who went to Ghana & set up a church…they where also on a reality TV show a couple of years ago which was on sky about gold prospecting.

Many many years ago , ( and I'm getting aged now ) I remember a neigbour who apart from having a terrible BO problem saying to me ... at a distance ..... "any 'ism is a bad ism ' and I have to agree.

Think about it and add 'ism' at the end.

"he sad reality
Commented on May 28, 2015 at 9:56 pm | Reply

The fact of the matter is the people that run these churches are very wealthy and own a surprisingly lot of land around here.

Wouldn’t trust them one bit, especially in this day and age!

So if God is real then why do Adam and Eve have tummy buttons lol? And why your thanking God for your meal thousands of people around the world have just starved to death."

A reply posted on Hereford Heckler's article on FC 

The world's worst neighbours seem to planning a move to the old Odeon cinema - they have just submitted a planning application for a change of use, claiming they have outgrown the Coningsby Street premises (although they don't state what will happen to these).

There's a load of supporting guff about 'community cohesion' - go tell that to the people in Coningsby Close who have to put  with the noise - and 'engaging with young people' - but no mention of handing out sweeties at school gates.

They claim to employ 29 people in Herefordshire.

I accidentally caught the Freedom Church programme on TBN on Sunday morning (I was looking for Star Trek - Honest!).

I thought it was all a bit "Cool Religious Studies Teacher" crossed with bad stand up comedian...

I can see how the slightly open-to-suggestion and weaker-willed amongst us could possibly get drawn in, but the amount of supposedly bright, intelligent, high-achievers that seem to be part of this group is either strange, or, the bright, intelligent, high-achievers aren't actually as bright and intelligent as they seem to be...

They claim to employ 29 people in Herefordshire.

In there last accounts they had 24 employees & something like 250 volunteers…so they could well now have 29?

Why can't they use there new international HQ down rotherwas?

But then again being bang in the middle of town is a good location for them to be seen & heard for there recruitment drive by targeting the young & vulnerable?………will they be applying for a PA to get some big flashing neon lights on the outside with there logo on???

I see they raised money for a local charity safe from slavery by having a fashion show…funny how safe from slavery's directors are members of freedom church which is also a charity & chris Cooke is a trustee for FC & a director of SFS!!!