Freedom Church Back In The News.

dippyhippy

Av the charities commission are about as useful as peeing in the wind & as FC are classed as a religious organisation they kind of automatically qualify as a charity for example would you class Scientology as a charity?

The whole charity industrie needs a review & overhaul in my opinion on what constitutes being a charity as it's open to abuse with many using it as taxes avoidance & scams. Take kids company for example they recieved millions but how much did they actually spend on doing charitable causes? & who got rich?!

FC are ambitious they see themselves as becoming a mega church just like new spring church in the USA who they have a very strong assoiciation with.…they have a large income do NSC $64 million on there last tax report I believe…it's big business not charity when only 9% of that income is spent on doing charitable causes…there more interested in building there churches than aiding those most in need in socity which as I understand it is a fundamental part of the teachings of Jesus as well as keeping the laws of the divine?

It would also seem that they seek to have a influence locally on a politically level too?!…which would be good for their business'

But going back to the sign why should it be overlooked just because it's FC? I don't think they should be exempt of the rules…just like the spread eagle with the colour of there frontage although personally I did not mind the colour but neither the less it was wrong & they had to redo it in the correct colour & besides if you let FC get away with flouting the rules on this matter then you cannot enforce others to do likewise really? Or maybe this sort of PA should just be done away with?

Just drove past on my way home. It now appears that they are 'reserving' the all free parking outside the premise with the wavy board placards suitably placed quick as a flash as soon as a spot is vacant. Presumably for the dictator! sorry I mean director/s.

I'm sure there is a law being flouted here??

Anyway I'll drive down later and park with a 'Hamilton' nudge on board!! Kind of them to provide me a space.

• 3 weeks later...

In the spirit of Christmas, I will wait until the New Year and then follow up my original complaint to Planning Enforcement with something a little stronger. I could even have a moan about the 'A' boards they've put out on the pavement and which present a hazard  to the visually impaired and less able - charity begins at home?

I am advised that FC have now been asked by Planning to submit a retrospective planning application.

I am advised that FC have now been asked by Planning to submit a retrospective planning application.

Thanks TWG for following it up letting us know.

I'm sure they have taken all there fittings & fixture with them Colin…as I don't think the new gaff can be totally finish yet either as their cave16 event is being held in Cardiff this year which is a gathering for the FC faithful!

http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/14196205.Hereford_family_run_business_secures_expansion_space/

So Phillip Morris were planning this move in Spring 2015. Heaven and earth must have been moved for alternative premises to be found for FC to move into.  How very fortunate that the old Odeon premises became available very lucky! 

http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/14196205.Hereford_family_run_business_secures_expansion_space/

So Phillip Morris were planning this move in Spring 2015. Heaven and earth must have been moved for alternative premises to be found for FC to move into.  How very fortunate that the old Odeon premises became available very lucky! 

Good to see the unit will not remain empty.

I've previously been told that they (Philip Morris) shift a surprisingly large amount of unlikely stock online ...

Like these items ... 

cockerel-design-i558d46db293ea.jpg

I see that Paul Andrews in his latest blog has taken a swipe at us so called keyboard warriors who hid behind our screens… because we had shown concern for him & his family's safety? Well Paul I may indeed be a keyboard warrior but I'm not hiding behind no screen as I'm more than willing to meet up if you wish when you return to the UK?

So If we did show concern it would be down to you yourself posting about what life is really like in PE & the effect on your children in your blog.

"Many of you wont see the battle we have had everyday to get Elijah to stop crying before going to school. Because of some riots that took place a couple of months ago in the same street as his school. His fear that something may happen to us and we wont be able to pick him up."

I may not agree with your church & there practices but that not to say I wish any harm to come to anybody who belongs to or attends FC because I do not… so if you do not wish for people to feel concern about you & your family then perhaps you should omitted certain elements from your blog?

post-991-0-40860800-1453059757_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It is interesting to note that FC have selected there new pastors for the new church they are setting up in the Nederlands

post-991-0-58857400-1454264897_thumb.jpg

But while they are busy setting up new churches all around the world building up the FC empire!!…a question I'd ask is what are FC doing to help those Christians who are being persecuted through out the Middle East by Islamist groups particular Isis who in Iraq/Syria are murdering,enslaving robbing etc just because they are Christians…but it would seem FC couldn't careless about there plight?…in fact it's not just FC but other Christian organisations who seem to be doing very little if anything at all to help there brethren who are being persecuted in those war torn regions as it is far more important to them to continue to build their churches than to stretch out a helping hand to these fellow Christians many of whom are children that have become orphaned due to this unholy conflict!!!

It is interesting to note that FC have selected there new pastors for the new church they are setting up in the Nederlands

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

But while they are busy setting up new churches all around the world building up the FC empire!!…a question I'd ask is what are FC doing to help those Christians who are being persecuted through out the Middle East by Islamist groups particular Isis who in Iraq/Syria are murdering,enslaving robbing etc just because they are Christians…but it would seem FC couldn't careless about there plight?…in fact it's not just FC but other Christian organisations who seem to be doing very little if anything at all to help there brethren who are being persecuted in those war torn regions as it is far more important to them to continue to build their churches than to stretch out a helping hand to these fellow Christians many of whom are children that have become orphaned due to this unholy conflict!!!

Maybe it's because those poor souls haven't got any money for the thrift???

Maybe it's because those poor souls haven't got any money for the thrift???

Yes it's funny that...Well it doesn't appear very Christian does it....but I guess we would not want to see a return of the Holy wars. Truth is I thought I'd seen the back of them centuries ago!

Came across this today.

Hereford Times - 15th February 2016

A MAN who jumped into a moving car and was aggressive towards his girlfriend ahead of their joint baptism has been given a conditional discharge.

Ryan Preece, of Brook House in Ross-on-Wye, pleaded guilty to common assault against his girlfriend Sherrie Jones.

Hereford Magistrates' Court heard the 23-year-old was being prosecuted because of a witness' account, and not because Ms Jones had pressed charges.

In a statement read to court, the witness, Sarah Fletcher, who is a trainee pastor at Hope City Church in Hereford, said Preece and Ms Jones had attended the church on September 15 last year for a baptising session as both were due to be baptised later that evening.

She said she noticed the defendant was acting strangely and he got up and walked out.

Ms Fletcher and Ms Jones then got into a car with another pastor. Preece jumped into the moving vehicle on top of Ms Jones who was sat in the front passenger seat.

The pastor started driving to the police station when Preece got out of the car at the junction with The Kerry.

Chris Read, defending, said the charge is based on his aggressive behaviour rather than any physical contact.

He said Preece had become angry as he felt the pastors were not giving him a chance to talk to Ms Jones about a family issue.

He said Preece has various mental health issues, including a diagnosis of schizophrenia.

Preece was given a conditional discharge for 12 months and ordered to pay £65 court costs and a £15 victim surcharge.

Is this a separate church to the Freedom Church or are they linked?

Is this a separate church to the Freedom Church or are they linked?

Different Church. It's wedged between The Wash House appliance shop and the Union Walk toilets. I drove past on a Sunday morning a couple of months ago and some fella was out front strumming on a guitar and singing a religious song ...

Hope City Church are completely separate.

I've actually heard really positive things about this place, and the work they do.

(Actually working with folks who need help and support, without ramming religion down their throats, and they aren't 'glory seekers' either. They seem to be non judgemental, and work within communities, rather than seeking to form their own!)

Indeed they are neighbours maybe they are in a tug of war for souls too?

But seriously after reading the HT report that megilleland posted it raised a few questions for me…was it nessary to prosecuted mr preece given his recent mental health diagnosis ? Could these pastors have handle the situation better & why would they not allow mr preece to talk to his girlfriend about a family issue? Because inevertible this probably lead to his actions?

Did he have second thoughts on the baptism?

It is interesting, Combo. I must add, I don't know any of the individuals involved.

I wonder though, if the thinking behind it was to give the gentleman involved a little "tough love?" Sometimes folks with mental health issues stop taking medication - perhaps because of unpleasant side effects, or in the belief that they no longer need to do so.

If his behaviour had deteriorated, this may have been the wake up call he needed. Courts can impose treatment orders for mental health sessions. This hasn't happened in this case, but following this incident he may seek further help.

As I say, I don't know.... mental health is a factor in many, many things, but aggressive/violent behaviour cannot be tolerated. Ways forward to deal with his health issues need to be found.

Hopefully, he will then be in a much better place. 

Indeed they are neighbours maybe they are in a tug of war for souls too?

But seriously after reading the HT report that megilleland posted it raised a few questions for me…was it nessary to prosecuted mr preece given his recent mental health diagnosis ? Could these pastors have handle the situation better & why would they not allow mr preece to talk to his girlfriend about a family issue? Because inevertible this probably lead to his actions?

Did he have second thoughts on the baptism?

I'm sure the HT write up doesn't do the incident full justice but on the face of it the episode just seems to have been a shambles. I think playing it out at the Courthouse is not really going to end up benefiting anyone in the cold light of day ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...