Thugs jailed after setting fire to man's GENITALS

megilleland

PUBLISHED: 2 December 2014 Daily Mail by CLAIRE CARTER FOR MAILONLINE

* Jordan Powell and Jack Rouse burst into house of 19-year-old in Hereford * Used aerosol can and cigarette lighter to make home-made flamethrower * They bound the man's hands behind his back and set fire to his genitals * Victim was left with third degree burns on genitals and legs after attack * Pair pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm and were jailed for 3 years * Attack took place overnight in April as pair set to 'terrorise' their victim 

Two teenagers have been jailed for setting fire to a man's genitals with a home-made flame thrower, leaving him with third degree burns.

Jordan Powell, 18, and Jack Rouse, 19, attacked a 19-year-old man, who has not been identified, after they burst into a house in Hereford earlier this year.

The pair bound the terrified victim's hands together behind his back before setting his legs and genitals on fire with the flamethrower. 

They had made the home-made flamethrower using an aerosol can and cigarette lighter.

At a hearing at Worcester Crown Court Powell and Rouse were both jailed for three-and-a-half years after pleading guilty to assault causing grievous bodily harm. 

Their victim was said to be terrified during the attack, and suffered third degree burns to his legs and genital area after the horrific attack which took place at a house in Hereford overnight on April 11 and 12. 

Detective Sergeant Tim Powell, of West Mercia Police, said: 'This is a particularly nasty attack and the sentencing has brought these two violent offenders to justice.

'They conducted this horrific assault with intent to injure and terrorise the victim. I hope this result indicates West Mercia Police's priority of protecting people from harm.'

Both men also received a further 18-month prison sentence after admitting a robbery of a 17-year-old man in Hereford on April 12. Police said their victim suffered 'significant facial injuries' as a result of the attack. 

The sentences will run concurrently.

There must have had a reason for coming to Hereford ...I presume that it was mentioned in Court - perhaps if it's reported in the HT they will be able to give reasons - at a rough guess I would have to suggest that it's either drugs or women involved somewhere along the way . Can now add snitching to the Police .

Just read the story in the HT - appears that the two offenders are local yobs , attending a drug fuelled party in Hereford .....the HT give more details of the attack .........confirms to me that the Sentance for this incident plus the further attack on an innocent youth the next day which is running concurrently is very very low - wonder if the Prosecution will Appeal the Sentance ? If they ask me for my advice - for what it's worth , I would tell them , free of charge - yes you must Appeal.

Just read the story in the HT - appears that the two offenders are local yobs , attending a drug fuelled party in Hereford .....the HT give more details of the attack .........confirms to me that the Sentance for this incident plus the further attack on an innocent youth the next day which is running concurrently is very very low - wonder if the Prosecution will Appeal the Sentance ? If they ask me for my advice - for what it's worth , I would tell them , free of charge - yes you must Appeal.

Yes both from Hereford and unfortunately I know both of them through a family member.A very short sentence for a horrific crime IMO.

I also know that the incident was filmed on a mobile phone by a girl so I'm wondering why she has not been mentioned

The Hereford Times article (authored by Bill Tanner) leads me to think that all the people were in the same boat. At some crazy party. 

The victim, said DS Powell, only found out what had happened to him through Facebook messages read the next day.

So the victim never noticed the burned off pubic hair and arse burns from the flame-thrower ? 

• 4 months later...

Have they considered a career in West Mercia Police?   

I don't even know where to start with this but it does illustrate what I was saying about property versus persons crimes when it comes to sentencing.   It's as though the Establishment doesn't really care what society gets up to as long as corporate and vested interests are not threatened.