Bobby 47...Posting Legend!

dippyhippy

We all know him, we all know his inimitable writing style.

He is the King of the posters.

Now, sadly, Bobby has decided to retire from blogging, and has asked me to let you all know. It won't be the same without him. For me personally, reading his regular diazepam fuelled rants in the Hereford Times, inspired me to start blogging, and over the past few years we have posted alongside each other many, many times.

He created a world which we were all able to join in with. From humble beginnings kneading dough, he then went on to dig for Studmarsh, (in the wrong place!) Then it was dalliances with Liz Hurley, and on occasion ,Shane Warne! From wearing his Granny's dress, to firing Jarvis from a cannon, he wrote it.....and we loved it!!

He will never be replaced upon these pages.

So Bobby, I trust you will read this, whilst stuffing your fat face with pork rind and avoiding the wife's frying pan, I just want to say "Thankyou" for all the laughs over the past few years. I am so happy to be able to call you a friend.

If you ever change your mind.....we'll still be here!!

Bobby you are with out a doubt a legend! You inspired me to take steps I would never have taken if it hadn't been for your passion. Thank you for everything you've done to inspire me to do the right thing. Take care ole friend, I will miss you more than you could ever know..

My warmest regards to you always

Happy retirement bobby

Was hoping that one day we may meet 'hopefully' you may turn up to one of the 'meetings' of 'Hereford voice' which I'm yet to turn up to ;-)

Maybe you'll be made 'Guest of Honour' and be treated like Royalty with free drink and food made just for you while looking down to the rest of us eating cucumber sandwiches!!

I don't think he can resist a comment on the right subject matter. He just needs a prompt. Maybe he has decided to secretly infiltrate the enemy. He could be drinking with Jarvis right now. If we haven't heard from him in two weeks we had better go round and check his home.

Bobby old mate , this is a sad time - you must have your reasons which ,of course I will respect . As Dippy has said you will be missed.. It was you that encouraged me to come onto this site , not by asking or suggesting I joined - it was your supurb posts / rants that encouraged me and I should think others joined for the same reasons .

Nobody got away with critising your comments - they only did it once and realised that they had walked into a bear trap and moved over to the side of logic and fair play .

Bobby ,hopefully we can meet up for a jar or two. Thank you for your past support.

@ Biomech: No, he's been approached by Council Leader Tony Johnson to mastermind Hereford's bid to become the UK's City of Culture (though knowing Hereford Council's inept Media Unit, they'll probably spell it Kulchure on the application form!).

Methinks barbel fishing and the use of Shimano fishing rods for unnatural Wye-side practices in brambles will feature strongly in the city's bidding process.

Hey Clarkester!

Long time, no hear. Thanks for leaving a message - thanks to you all!

Personally, I think Our Bobby has penned a spectacular script called "The Tappers". Based loosely on the blogs of a few rather mendacious oddities, it will tell the tale of how persistent moaning and groaning finally paid off!!

His agent has flogged the movie rights , and Bobby is on his way to tinsel town to have the final say on casting. Of course, the great and the good are jostling for the chance to play Bobby.....DeNiro himself is said to want this role more than anyone!

Not quite the queue to play Jarvis or Bramer, but hey, every great story needs a few villains!

So grab yourselves a bg of scratchings, and brace yourselves to appear on the big screen!!

bobby47 - you must know that you can check out but you can never leave!!! You've inspired a whole army of bloggers to get tapping and there are big battles to be fought - we are less than a year from the elections, which must see the present bunch of miscreants dragged out of Brockington Towers and into the Wyeside nettles! The county needs your wit and wisdom to lead this!!

Hotel California??

I had the same thought Two Wheels!

Maybe this time next year, when we have reason to celebrate, we'll get a celebratory post from him!

Lukio even reappeared briefly at H.T, when Jarvis suddenly quit! Imagine the euphoria when the entire cabinet gets the heave ho?

Our Bobby won't be able to resist!

Dippy I can't believe the king is dead,long live the king!!!…I expect he's with the other king (that's elvis) working in that chip shop down the road?…

Thinking about it now I'm sure I saw Bobby in there tonight as I walked by? I swear the guy looked like Bobby?who appeared to be trying to write something on a piece of paper, I'm not 100% but I'm sure it said HELP I'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED BY ELVIS!!!…But I only caught a glimpse!!!

:Sad:  :Weepy::Sad:   :Weepy::Sad:   :Weepy:

sad day 

Dippy please be kind enough to pass my thanks to Bobby for all the wonderful entertainment provided to us all, for the brilliant efforts made and for the warm wishes freely given.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Bobby here's a big smacky kiss goodbye  :Kissy:  :Surprised_32:  :Blushing_32:          :Happy_32:  

Look, Ive just seen this topic raised by Dippy and I've read some personal messages and truthfully, you are all very kind and I do appreciate it but, I don't want to look like some Prima Donna rolling around in amongst your kind words. I dont want to do this blogging anymore. I mean, Im bloody doing it now and I don't want to be doing it. I'm sick of it. Bloody tired of it all and I'll be damned if I do it anymore. It's bloody exhausting and so, from hereon, let this 'topic' die its natural death and don't send me anymore messages c'os I ain't bloody answering them. If I answer them, I get dragged back into this whole thing and off I go again, tap, tap bloody tap, tap upon the keyboard which is exactly what im doing now.

From hereon, don't message me. If its three o'clock in the bloody morning and you've just succeeded in finding a cure for The Syphilis and its me you want to share the happy news with and give me a slice of your new found fortune, don't message me.

If your house is burning down and Im the only person in possession of a hose long enough to attack the seat of your fire that's about to ruin your entire life, don't message me. In fact, if you find me in the Commercial slumped in my chair choking on a large piece of Pork Rind and I'm only able to communicate via the keyboard that's balanced upon my fat face and you're desperately keen to learn whether or not I can breathe, don't message me. Don't message me anymore c'os Im done with it all.

I wish you all happiness, good fortune and the golden chance to thrash Jarvis with a pointy stick but Im done with it and I ain't doing it anymore and that's bloody that. So, stop posting this melancholy drivel and spend your tapping efforts in other more important areas. Take care!

In view that Bobby is taking a back seat in the fight against the establishment and its wickedness where do we look for truth and clarity in matters affecting us all. His learned tracts will no longer grace these pages and his ability to illuminate us in these dark days are indeed a set back. 

Where can one seek encouragement and explanations of the real motives that are driving this country into despair? A source I refer to is the Artist Taxi Driveran eloquent  individual who although partial to ranting, nevertheless hits the nail on the head every time, about issues affecting us everyday. 

Give it a try and see if you agree with me.

Well.....I gave it a try!

For me, it's lacking in the delivery department!

Not "punchy" enough to hold my albeit very short, concentration span!

Not quite enough pigswill.....and short measured on the codswallop!

A valiant effort...but not up to B47's standards........!!

Well.....I gave it a try!

For me, it's lacking in the delivery department!

Not "punchy" enough to hold my albeit very short, concentration span!

Not quite enough pigswill.....and short measured on the codswallop!

A valiant effort...but not up to B47's standards........!!

Have you tried UK Column on YouTube an alternative news source  - they do a daily stream?

I think that The King has timed his abdication perfectly. 

Slipping his resigantion in just behind Spain's King Carlos (that bloated plutocrat, who went off shooting elephants with his mistress and finished up with a broken hip.  Long may it cause him pain)  Our King's recreational activities are more modest: rolling in dense, Wye-side nettles with Councillor ('call me Patsy') Morgan.