Would this be Britain's most expensive urban motorway?

Roger

Have you asked the Office of the PCC if he has donated that money as yet? In the link dated March 2013 - it says they were doing it.

Ask the question.

Gum balls - well, its a nice idea - you have to try out ideas to see if they work or not. 

It wasnt such a stupid idea really, but I dont think it worked - you can however see the logic.

I think twg  has been trained in council maths with this 122 million tonnes a day of cigarette butts.  He'll be claiming there's 1100 people working at the OLM next.

Lets say 10 million smokers plus Bobby

Each ordinary smoker drops, say 20 butts a day, weighing 20 grammes each  - that is a total of 4 tonnes a day.

That would leave Bobby to discard 118 million tonnes.  No wonder High Town is looking shabby.

Yes I see where your coming from twowheelsgood but it hasn't helped with banning smoking in pubs & indoors? Also there's a lot of tax collected from tobacco I mean have you seen how much a packet of 20 costs nowadays it will soon be on a par with the price of a daily heroine addiction?

So we shouldn't be lambasting smokers to much(of which our dear old bobby47 is one of) as it is addiction in itself!… Although they could be a lot more thoughtful when disposing of there spent cigaret butts,that I would most certainly agree with!

Ps personally it does not bother me whether a person smokes as long as they don't blow the smoke in my face!!

Whilst I am pleased to hear from Biomech, that somebody is permanently sweeping up around the OLM, and having just learnt from stupid frustration that chewing gum is being blasted away before it even touches the ground, I do feel that in a very short space of time the difference between the OLM and High Town is going to be decidedly noticeable.

One gleaming, one not!

And I read on HT, that the street sweeper, who I see almost every morning come wind or rain, has been given his marching orders.

He does his job, a job not many of us would perhaps choose to take on, and he does it well.

Now even he is to be replaced, by some sort of machine that apparently can't navigate around street furniture, such as benches!!

How much is this useless bit of kit going to cost??

And more importantly, what's going to happen to the lovey guy who has swept up after us for years and years??

I think twg  has been trained in council maths with this 122 million tonnes a day of cigarette butts.  He'll be claiming there's 1100 people working at the OLM next.

Lets say 10 million smokers plus Bobby

Each ordinary smoker drops, say 20 butts a day, weighing 20 grammes each  - that is a total of 4 tonnes a day.

That would leave Bobby to discard 118 million tonnes.  No wonder High Town is looking shabby.

Shame on you Bobby!!

P.S I am still battling with my electric ciggie.....but only a roll up will do in the morning.

I call it "breakfast!"

Roger

Have you asked the Office of the PCC if he has donated that money as yet? In the link dated March 2013 - it says they were doing it.

Ask the question.

I've no reason to disbelieve his pledge. I doubt he will stand next time. I think Mr. Longmore is too ill (old) to justify standing again and his appointment of his mate last time would be toxic to any re-election campaign.

When he leaves Office he will be scrutinised by the HT/Shropshire Star/Worcester News about that Pledge if it hasn't been fulfilled ... It might of been but I've not seen any mention of it in the press ... 

@ Two Wheels:  send all smokers - including King Bobby - to the roof of the Garrick House multi-storey?

You must be JOKING! 

This is the location which is currently ranked as Numero Uno on the new 'Where Can I Go Dogging In Hereford?' website (under Hoarwithy Bridge ranks number six).

' I never actually said whether the communication was public or private but assumed people would presume it was Public - which it was.

Just for everyones information, when you send a "tweet" to another user;

If you start the tweet with the user id, such as Roger did, the only people who see that tweet would be Roger, Debenhams and anyone who SPECIFICALLY searches for something that's contained in that tweet as well as...

If the tweet starts with a user id, then in order for that tweet to appear in the regular home "feed" of a random user, the random user needs to be following BOTH the sender and the receiver (Roger and Debenhams)

If the tweet doesn't start with a user id, then that will appear in the feed of anyone who follows the sender (Roger) and those who search for it.

So starting with a user id limits the publicity. You can counter this, if you so choose, by starting with a normal word or even a fulls top, such as .@roger

Or another way to look at it if I send the following, it appears to the following people;

@Roger hello roger - me, roger and people who follow me AND roger

.@Roger hello roger - me, roger and anyone who follows me

hello @roger , how are you - me, roger and anyone who follows me

Any of those will appear in the results of anyone who searches for "hello" or "roger"

I use the .@user when I want to bring something to someone's attention AND I want other people to see it and chime in. So the tweet " .@Debenhams has a lot of smokers outside" would be seen by everyone who follows me who might agree and spread the word.

Dippy, I'll leave out hashtags ;)

Hope that helps

• 8 months later...

MONDAY, JANUARY 26, 2015

Merton Meadow Capacity Slashed

By Organic Bull

The capacity of the Merton Meadow car park, which is right next to the Edgar Street football stadium, is to be slashed.

This from Herefordshire Council.

Due to the construction of the Edgar Street link road the number of parking spaces on Merton Meadow car park will be reduced from around 763 spaces down to around 190 spaces. Therefore the council is suspending the issue of season tickets for Merton Meadow car park to new applicants. Existing season ticket holders will still be able to renew their season tickets but may wish to consider whether they want to renew given the reduced number of spaces. Occupancy counts of the councils other public car parks and the private car parks within the city show that there is enough spare parking availability for vehicles that have been displaced from Merton Meadow car park.

Roger is right and it is a road to nowhere 570 parking spaces are to be lost on merton meadow .Are we not supposed to be encouraging people to use the city center for shopping .the football club is going to be up and running next season where are they going to park .This is now a community club funded by supporters myself included ,Regards smoking something worse than that is drink it is the biggest cost to the NHS and Police force ask the shopkeers when they turn up for work on a saturday morning and the doorway is covered in urine and crap every weekend A.& E crammed packed with drink related incidents police overwhelmed with problems weekend after weekend all because of drink if you are going to ban smoking ban drinking also as it is far worse.

I'd love to know how all the Worcester incoming traffic diverted down the new link road from Aylestone Hill is going to be accommodated over that narrow bridge! It must have been factored in but until it's all open I suppose no one will know! Probably chaos! 

barrs_Court.jpg