Block a topic

twowheelsgood

Is there a way to block a topic from loading? For instance, I have a link to 'new content' which takes me straight to a list of updated topics. It overcomes the very slow loading front page. However, I don't want to see again and again a thread I have no interest in eg eating after 1.30am in the morning. I'd like to just hide it - is this possible?

I will check but I am pretty sure that you can choose to ignore members - posts|signature|messages within your Profile>My Settings

Just for the record, the FRONT PAGE is only a snap shot of the top 15 current topics and posts, in order to read older topics and post just click on the FORUMS tab on the main page or click the NAVIGATION tab at the top and a choice will drop down for you to choose from.

Once a member reply's to a post within a topic, that topic automatically bumps back to the FRONT PAGE, regardless of how old it may be, that is why some topics reappear, its usually because a member has responded, so it's always worth checking the last post to see what has been added.

I will check but I am pretty sure that you can choose to ignore members - posts|signature|messages within your Profile>My Settings

Just for the record, the FRONT PAGE is only a snap shot of the top 15 current topics and posts, in order to read older topics and post just click on the FORUMS tab on the main page or click the NAVIGATION tab at the top and a choice will drop down for you to choose from.

Once a member reply's to a post within a topic, that topic automatically bumps back to the FRONT PAGE, regardless of how old it may be, that is why some topics reappear, its usually because a member has responded, so it's always worth checking the last post to see what has been added.

Never look at the front page - it takes far too long to load. I use 'Navigation - View new content' and keep that as a bookmark. Its whole topics rather than members posts I want to block.

Never look at the front page - it takes far too long to load. I use 'Navigation - View new content' and keep that as a bookmark. Its whole topics rather than members posts I want to block.

Front page loads perfectly okay for me, why is it slow for you? Have you tried clearing your browser cache? What browser so you use?

Website loads fine for me too no problems here, sometimes it slows down a little in the evening but a lot of websites do in fairness due to higher volumes of users but in the main i find the site as fast as any other.  :Cool_32:  I use Internet Explorer but will have a look at these others, I was unaware there was such a choice available.

I have just run a script test on HV and its loading fine, in fact, its lightening for me, I have a fast download speed from my ISP so it's down to your internet provider and connection and not necessarily this website. I would also check your browser cache but it might also be worth checking your download speeds HERE or HERE