Poundstretcher - Pet Hut

Biomech

Well you must of been typing the same time as me Biomech lol They have already opened but what I was surprised to see is that they have opened a pet section (Pet Hut) right next door to 'pets at home' and I am wondering why the landlords of the Brook Retail Park have allowed this and not protected their current tenants, if I were 'pets at home' I would not be very happy to be honest, I know competition is healthy but this is a bit much don't you think?

I took this photo over the weekend.

poundstretcher.jpg

they have opened a pet section (Pet Hut) right next door to 'pets at home'

Oh wow, that does seem a bit stupid, from both accounts - if you had a small clothes shop you wouldn't open up next to somewhere like a large H&M. I find the people in pet smart to be very friendly and helpful - so I won't be changing :)

So that'll be another one lost from the city centre then!

And, according to Ragwert although I'm still waiting confirmation / sources ;), Boots are opening in the OLM so I'd imagine Boots in town will be gone when that happens too.

Regardless of the size of pets at home, I agree with Colin, I would not be happy if I were them, they could easily wipe the smile off the landlords face if they decided to move out then the shop on the right will be empty for ages, depends on how you look at it but it seems a little short sighted to me.

Oh wow, that does seem a bit stupid, from both accounts - if you had a small clothes shop you wouldn't open up next to somewhere like a large H&M. I find the people in pet smart to be very friendly and helpful - so I won't be changing :)

So that'll be another one lost from the city centre then!

And, according to Ragwert although I'm still waiting confirmation / sources ;), Boots are opening in the OLM so I'd imagine Boots in town will be gone when that happens too.

As I was told Boots will be opening a store on the market site and the one in Town is staying.

As I was told Boots will be opening a store on the market site and the one in Town is staying.

Yes but you still haven't provided any sources or evidence of this and I believe that you are the only person who actually thinks that the center Boots will stay open if they open another in the OLM

Think what you like Bio, I ain't fussed or bothered 

Well as you're still skirting the issue, I'm going to have to think it's bullshit. I've seen no mention of Boots opening on the OLM, nothing in the schematics, no press release and you constantly refuse to back up your comment. Just looking at the facts here, there is no reason to believe what you've said.

I see the HT have picked up on this a week or so later with THIS ARTICLE.

IT’S soon to be a dog-eat-dog world on Hereford’s Brook Retail Park with discount pet store the Pet Hut opening tomorrow (Friday) next door to Pets At Home.

The shop will be part of a new Poundstretcher which will take the 7,000 square foot unit over from bargain chain Hypaxtra.

The first 50 customers through the doors will see how far they can stretch a £10 voucher, after Mayor Phil Edwards officially opens the store at 9am.

Store manager Louise Parker said: “I’m sure shoppers will be amazed not only by the vast range of products that we sell but also our low prices.”

The Pet Hut, one of 60 new stores set to be opened in 2014, will offer a range of branded products for cats, dogs and small animals at competitive prices.

Pets At Home, the city’s longtime supplier of pet food, accessories and toys, declined to comment.

Don't be surprised if pets at home leave Hereford within 2 years...

I see the HT have picked up on this a week or so later with THIS ARTICLE.

Don't be surprised if pets at home leave Hereford within 2 years...

The HT are always slow to react but I can see where you are coming from and I too will not be surprised to see pets at home leaving at some point, how short sighted of their landlords.  :Cha ching: