Efflorescence On the Walls.

• 9 months later...

Every time I come into the city I get hit in the face with the blue signs on the side of the Debenhams building telling you that there is parking for hundreds of cars around the corner. Isn't this an admission that inadequate signposting has been made off the road approaches. Maybe we will see the Hereford tradition of hanging a bed sheet out to advertise the OLM's birthday!

Not only will I not enter the place or involve myself with one single transaction, I won't even look at the place anymore. Why? Because Im a High Town man. I've always been a High Town man and I'll always be a High Town man and if I choose to look the other way as Im staggering home from some battle cruiser with twenty six pints of ale inside my bladder then that's my business and I refuse to gaze in its direction simply because its expected of me.

Mind, the bloody salts gone. I was kind of banking on it being there for years to come so that I could moan about it. Course, if its gone, and Im not completely convinced it wont return, it still won't stop me moaning. Nothing will. Nothing! My family have been moaning for decades and I see no reason why all of a sudden I should simply stop. Never!

I will never stop moaning. I wake up moaning, I go to sleep moaning and in between those two bits of my waking hours I moan about everything. Whether its the latest birth from Kerry Katona or that bloody Colonel Saunders and his face on KFC that says, 'come and try my chicken. It contains an addictive substance that makes you crave for it thrice fortnightly', I'll never stop moaning. I hate The Colonel and his neatly trimmed goatee beard. Anyone who has time to look like he does every single day of the year since he started dabbling in chicken some sixty eight years ago is an odd sort who I personally never wish to meet.

No! I'll never gaze upon that accursed retail development. Mind, the rare times when Im not intoxicated and out of my mind on diazepam and psilocybin mushrooms and Im driving because I need to get to the Wye and fish for barbel, well I have to look then don't I. I mean, you can't journey up that carriageway of Blue School Street in control of a mechanically propelled vehicle and not glance over to make sure you don't flatten some poor fool who's been shopping in Debenhams. And as for bloody Debenhams! Mark my words, once they've gotta grasp of how bloody low our disposable income levels are and they can't shift their stock because we are all to fat to wear their clobber and their arrangement of five years of no rent nears its end, you'll soon see that store close leaving us with a bloody empty shell that's become a monument to stupidity.

Meggieland funny you should say that I drove into town this morning and was hit by the sight of the blue sign - it does not exactly blend in - as horrible as the place is I would just prefer to see a plain brown brick wall.  A sign as big and garish as it is surely in  nicer towns it would have been banned by the town's planners.  Interestingly still not found tenants for some of the front shops/units doesn't look good. 

I have noticed they have put in planning for installing more timbers on Edgar Street side and also removing some of the steelwork replacing it with brickwork.
I also parked in the OLM today and  the car parks were pretty much packed so I recon those big blue signs are doing their job.

• 6 months later...

Ok. So not salt appearing this time..... but am I the only one to notice that the top of TKMaxx is now covered in some sort of enormous white tarpaulin?

Sat in the traffic this afternoon, I glanced across, and couldn't miss it!

When did this appear.....and what's it for??

I am wondering if it's what they will call " Snagging " doing repairs , touch ups etc. after the building has been open for , in this case 12 months ? Having said that , it looks pretty serious .

Surprised that they or HCC haven't released a Press Release stating what they are doing after 12 months successful trading .

Re the title of this Post " Efflorescence On the Walls " today I thought that the brickwork looked pretty good and the efflorescence had disappeared .