Herefordshire Council By-Election 7th Nov 2013

El Lukio

I had this put through my door yesterday in readiness for local elections in my ward (Tupsley) and I'm truly amazed at the twaddle being pedalled by Jason Kay who is the Conservative candidate.

With the track record of what the Council has done over the past 12-18 months the spin on this leaflet is just pure lies an untruths.

I know nothing about Mr Kay only that he owns/runs Aylestone Court Hotel. He will become just another Tory 'yes' man and the commitments he states on the leaflet will mean nothing. We can judge them by their track record which isn't good.

Anyway, would be good to get others views on this.

Oh, and in true Herefordshire Council fashion, it was put through my door 3 days after the surgery he held where we could have gone to listen to his oration :)

post-906-0-63912700-1382126130.jpg

Well if he comes up my path, tapping on my door and disturbing me as I nibble on a piece of tough pork rind, I'll give him a piece of what's left of my mind. I'll be bloody damned if I ever leave my dwelling, stagger up the road and into a polling booth and give a man who employs a butler my bloody vote.

If he even thinks about trampling up my path I'll tell him, "Im a Labour voter", well, I was when we had a Labour Party, "get lost Jason. You might be a fine hotelier with all the appropriate documentation that supports your ability to pour me a double rum and deliver me a full English breakfast but I'll be damned if I allow you to affix your bloody poster onto my window implying I support you."

And whatsmore, if he thinks that by coming up my path we've become friends and he can pop in here whenever he wants to borrow a bowl of sugar he's got another thing coming. He can get stuffed. And that just a bit of what's going on in my mind.

Fellow bloggers, posters and keen readers of those who've got sensible things to say, may I introduce true blogging royalty, Lukio or as he now calls himself El Lukio. Good to read you pal.

No, I'd not seen/heard of him before either. I would say he's a political puppet. If IOC can retain the seat and the Tories lose Pontrilas we'd be closer to a hung Council and maybe then we'd see movements towards a more democratic administration.

And thanks for the welcome Rebecca. I used to post a lot on the Hereford Times website but it's gone downhill fast over there. Glad to see posters like Bobby, Biomech etc. are here too. I look forward to joining in the debates :)

Hello King Bobby! It's good to be back and thanks for the humbling introduction! I see your power of prose and rhetoric is still flowing well and as always a pleasure to read!

Sadly, I was out collecting the kids from school when one of his minions pushed it through the door and engaged the wife in friendly conversation as to who she voted for. Bless her, she replied 'not Tory!' and when he enquired why, she replied: 'cos my husband tells me not to!'. I'd have liked to have a chat with him tho.

Here's hoping the real Jason Kay comes round before the election so we can shoot-the-breeze about his commitments.

Is this just a section of a larger pamphlet. Very crafty putting the word Independent on the leaflet - no mention of Conservative. Its going to fool a lot of people. I don't believe him.

Hey megilleland...I'll post the other side of the leaflet shortly. It does make mention of him being a Conservative but it's clever and sneaky how he's slipped 'Independent' in there.

HT went down hill when Bobby ran out of steam!

Welcome Lukio I always look forward to your contributions on HT. I would never completely abandon HT l would miss conversing with Dippy but this is a very friendly and welcoming  forum and  no one attacks you if your views are different to theirs which is refreshing change!

Well, I'm in 'Bartonsham St James' as JK puts it and can honestly say I've never heard of him and he's never shown his face round our way, never engaged with the Community Association or anything else going on around here.

Promoting leisure and tourism whilst his political colleagues cripple it by closing toilets.

I've never heard of either the City Garden Festival or the Green City Project.

Hereford in Bloom I have heard of, and I don't of course doubt his involvement in all the things he lists ...

welcome El Lukio, I was sent J Kay leaflet last week for me to see, I thought he had changed sides to the greens as it is their colours he using. I am interested to see IOC and Lib Dems leaflet if anyone has them. In regard to the Pontrilas election their are 4 candidates one of each Conservative, Independent, Lib Dem and IOC, unfortunately I was told the IOC candidate is asking all the others to stand down and let him take the seat, as they came last in 2011 I do not think he has a chance this time either.

I am currently one of the ward councillors for both the city and the county where I do not think it is right for me to comment on Jason Kay I would like to mention the IOC candidate Cath North you should have received her 1st leaflet and she is working her way around the ward knocking doors and speaking to people her 2nd leaflet will start to appear later this week, in brief Cath lives in tupsley in Wellington place and started the Wellies action group 3years ago which got the funding to build the play area on the quarry then last year she joined central Tupsley community group as the funding co-ordinator and worked tirelessly to secure over £50,000 of funding for the renovation for all the the paths and the quarry she is a honest hard working mum that has been inspired to stand at this by-election so she can do even more and support me in the work I do within the ward this week we were finalist in the pride of Herefordshire awards two weeks ago we won a Britain in bloom level 4 award for our work on the quarry and the sssi area there are only 5 levels" that's the job next year earlier this year we won Hereford city councils community award we have organised "picnic in the park" which 4000 people attended on the 5 th of nov we are organising a free bonfire night for the residents of tupsley these are not promises or spin these are facts and shows Caths commitment to tupsley over a number of years and I would welcome any support you guys can offer her I believe she would knock spots off not just the other two candidates in this election but 80% of the current councillors serving this county

Hi Glenda just to clear up one point IOC had talks with the leaders of the independents and we wanted to form a panel from both sides to interview both the IOC and the Indy candidates and then put the best person forward which would be the sensible thing to do in this vital seat and we could all support the best candidate I am hoping this will still be the case can you speak to the Indy's and I will again speak with IOC so we can sort out the daft situation of splitting the vote and letting the torys back in.

Councillor Kenyon is right. There are times when we all are called upon to be pragmatic and sometimes give a little ground and this is one such occasion.

I've heard of this lady, the Candidate for the IOC and Im given to understand she's hard working, committed and has a sharp mind and I'd urge all those who want to disrupt this chaotic governance of our Council to throw a little to the wind and back this lady who is standing for the IOC.

I know Glenda. She could cause an argument in a phone box but her heart is in the right place and I know she'll do the right thing and use all her powers to bring about change for the good.

Me, I speak for the bewildered, the dispossessed, the possessed and those that are not bewildered but could become bewildered if ever they were given the opportunity to become sober and cease gambling upon uncertain outcomes.

Bobby,I speak my mind if a few more people done that we all be better off, you do not know me otherwise you would not of made that comment. I am aware of IOC have spoken with the Independents, and for the record we have a very good candidate for Pontrilas, and she is going forward as a candidate, and I will be giving her all the support she wants, she is a very nice person and works hard, just the type of councillor we need.

No! No! Glenda! You've read it wrong. From where I come from, it's a compliment to say you could cause a row in a phone box. It's a comment associated with someone who beats their own path and says what they think. You've simply read it in the wrong way.

Hi Glenda as you know I have a lot of respect for you and have backed you when no one else would it seems a real shame that this panel could not have been set up I don't no either candidate for the pontrilas ward and would have liked to have supported the best candidate as you are aware I worked very hard for the independent at the Ross by-election and would do the same if the panel choose the Indy as the best person if we cannot do this now what chance have we got in the 2015 elections we certainly don't want to be fighting each other there are bigger fish to fry.

Hi Jim,

I'm not sure I've seen Cath's first leaflet but if she was instrumental in all the work that has happened at the Quarry including the play area and the Party in the Park then she's got my vote. The Quarry has never been at the high standard it is now - I use it every day to walk the dog and my kids use the play area. This has made a monumental difference to the area and I will ensure all my friends and neighbours in this ward are aware if what Cath has done to enable the improvements.

Hell, I'll even put a placard/poster on my front lawn if it helps!

When it comes to the wire, people should vote firstly on the strengths of what the candidates have done for their ward as it's local and relevant to them, and secondly what the candidate can do for the County in the bigger picture. I have not seen anything to indicate what Mr Jay or Mr Fraser for the Lib Dems has done for us locally in our ward.

I await Cath's second leaflet with anticipation.

On a slightly different note, it would be interesting to get all candidates running for both Tupsley and Pontrilas on here for a 'candidates debate' (quoting Simon and Garfunkel there!) akin to the televised question time we saw with David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Gordon Brown prior to the last General Election. They could answer questions, concerns and go into more detail about how they would make a difference if elected. Just an idea of course...

Hi El Lukio thanks for your comments I'm sure you have seen a few of the placards that have started to go up in the area and indeed It would help the cause if you had one in your garden. pm me ur address and I will ensure she pops by for a chat and we can tell you about some of the other things we have already planned to bring the Tupsley community together you can work her out for yourself then post your finding on here. I don't think it would be possible to get all the candidates on here why not invite them all for a chat then post your findings.

Jim, to put the record straight the Independents did not put a candidate up for Tupsley election, giving you and the others a chance, therefore we have not split the votes,maybe IOC will do the same in Pontrilas and not split the votes? we have got a very good and hard working candidate for Pontrilas and she came in second to Hamilton last time.

I know what you all think! Yeah I know! You all think me mad and when I make reference to Mr Jason Kay employing a Butler, you simply dismiss it as just another piece of codswallop transmitted from this keyboard.

Well it ain't codswallop and anyone who says it is, is a fool if anything I ever say is worth a moments bloody notice. In Sepetember of last year, within the pages of the Hereford Times this little cutie was looking to employ a bloody Butler. A bloody Butler!!

Good bloody God, I muttered when I read the piece. They were looking for,...a humble man, keen to bloody please who was not to dissimilar to Huriah Heep and who, when kicked in the testicles by an irate patron , would simply say, ' thank you very much'.

I'll say it again, mostly for dramatically purposes, anyone who sees the bloody Butler making a come back within our modern and dysfunctional society is a bug ninny and someone who should be kept well away from a lever of power.

If I do not get a response from any of you regarding this issue, I'll simply conclude that you are all bloody Butlers or you are descendants of a long line of people who enjoyed being in a tied cottage enjoying a life of servitude.

And, furthermore, if he reads this offering and comes up my path banging on my door wanting to settle this issue, I'll ask him one simple and straightforward question. "How on earth did you know where I lived?"

You're right Bobby, he did look to employ a Butler:

http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/9953886.Hotel_steps_back_in_time_with_its_hunt_for_a_butler/

I wonder if he was successful?

I afraid it deepens my disdain for him - a perfect example of how the ruling elite are seriously out of touch with the man on the street. A butler? Pfffft....