Local Councillor Crosses the Political Floor of Council

Glenda Powell

Hi all you critics. To answer Phil Bates. It's not my fault Phil that you shut yourself away and do not walk the streets looking for me. But for the record, I hold a monthly surgery on last Friday of each month at Challenge Church, well advertised. Am often to be seen at the Hereford Academy and am often visiting people's homes to answer calls for assistance. I work 30 hours a week as a care worker, 20-30 as a councillor. So I am around and judging by the number of people who contact me from across the city and further, Phil may be one of the few not to know that.

Glenda as usual got things incorrect. I crossed the floor to join Independent because I have always been independently minded and the Labour Party in Herefordshire does nothing to support the elderly, vulnerable, homeless or low waged. I just got fed up waiting for them to do things for this group and others. It seems to me that too many people talk but do nothing to follow this up by actions.

Christopher, Councillor Glenda Powell never gets it wrong and never makes a mistake. That said, your new to these pages and you didn't know that. How would you know? It's not as if your handed a pamphlet and been able to read the rules so you are forgiven for your terse debut post. Don't beat yourself up over it. Don't feel compelled to apologise. In fact, don't give this silly mistake you've made a single backward glance. From hereon, as long as you fully grasp that Councillor Powell is held in high regard amongst this gathering of fools and she never gets anything wrong, then I don't see this as ever being an issue to be discussed again.

My very warmest regards and I sincerely look forward to reading more evidence that you've ditched the lies and the spin that brought about the failed New Labour social engineering programme that's blighted each and everyone of us.

Well I managed to sort how this forum works in relation to posting, my IT skills are limited. As I said to Colin on the Red Hill page some Councillors attended a briefing with Balfour Beatty on Tuesday evening. Amongst other things we were told that Amey had passed on the concerns of residents that they and Councillors had reported over the last months, they have no problem of persons reporting concerns again. I have been going around the ward looking at items I have reported, some have been done but most have been "temporary repaired" so these I will report again.

Another item for concern is parking in some of the streets in the ward, especially in Hinton and Hunderton. Since the latest increases in car parking charges more drivers are commuting from their homes and parking in residential areas. After meetings with locals and my fellow Councillors I have put in written requests for two areas of resident parking. Unfortunately these traffic orders take at least 18 months before they are considered, I know that certain things have to be carried out like asking for any objections but how it takes this long I don't know. Not sure if BB have influence but I will check, the cabinet member was going to try and speed things up but nothing has changed.

The work in Holme Lacy Road will be finished with its line work in a few weeks time so meanwhile try to avoid knocking over bollards at mini roundabout. Next Wednesday Bloor Homes will be at Saxon Hall to discuss their proposal for 1000 houses at Bullingham/Rotherwas. I hope as many people as possible will go to Saxon Hall to look at what is on offer! Do we want these houses, what are the benefits, where is the traffic going to flow and if it happens what can we get out of the Developers? Just some questions you may like to ask and pass on the answers to ward councillors,Chappell, Preece & Rone.

Good for you Mr Chappell, and in future, when we disagree, and we surely will, then you use all your literary skills and heap as much rancid rubbish upon my head as you wish. I never take things personally and, believe it or not, I often like getting a tongue lashing when I deserve it. Welcome to Hereford Voice. Mind, TwoWheels is right, I've noticed it. You've clumsily given me an extra vowel and pocketed a consonant. My handle ain't Booby47 and I'll be damned if I let this pass without saying, return my letter 'b' and keep your bloody 'o' to yourself.

Once again, my very warmest regards to you.

Good for you Mr Chappell, and in future, when we disagree, and we surely will, then you use all your literary skills and heap as much rancid rubbish upon my head as you wish. I never take things personally and, believe it or not, I often like getting a tongue lashing when I deserve it. Welcome to Hereford Voice. Mind, TwoWheels is right, I've noticed it. You've clumsily given me an extra vowel and pocketed a consonant. My handle ain't Booby47 and I'll be damned if I let this pass without saying, return my letter 'b' and keep your bloody 'o' to yourself.

Once again, my very warmest regards to you.

ha ha you are funny booby47 oops I mean bobby47  :Blushing_32:

It's not my fault Phil that you shut yourself away and do not walk the streets looking for me.

Oh wow, really? We're supposed to go chasing you around? I don't bloody think so. You're all paid and in a position to do a job, it's not up to us to chase after you. Jesus, imagine if managers of companies only bothered doing things when someone came to look for them. Do you think Cameron insists that people chase after him? What a ridiculous and farcical way to run a city.

Bobby take some time to read the notice of motion from Cllrs Attkinson & Rone then come and tell us all what is wrong with the wording! Sorry if I spelt your name wrongly but perhaps if you were not so patronising I might bother to spell it correctly.

Biomech, Like all the ward councillors I am always around and constituents and others further afield contact me on the streets or by email, phone or hard copy. Philbates knows that, he has done it himself. Councillors contact details are in the public domain.

You guys who hide your real names would be taken far more seriously if you did not hide yourselves. If you are serious help your councillors sort out some of the worse problems in the county. Child abuse, domestic violence, the county's economy, all things your councillors deal with, and more. Certainly not going to share these conversations with people who hide their names and do not appear to be representative of the majority of Herefordshire people.

From Cllr. Chappell " if you were not so patronising I might bother to spell it correctly. " sounds a bit aggressive or assertive from a Cllr.

As for Bobby being patronising - I believe that nothing is further from the truth - he says it as it is !

Chris, Im beginning to like you. You've got teeth. Well done and well said. Mind, if I were you I'd tread carefully when you criticise bloggers who use a 'handle' rather than a name. There are some amongst our ranks who've sacrificed a great deal to allow you and I to hurl our barbed comments at one another. That said, well done. It's liberating to get these things off your chest.

Mind, Im a student of writing styles. I've always done it. Can't help myself. It's a huge fault of mine and one which I've no intention of correcting and when I study your distinctive writing style I can sense angst. A tone of desperation which can only be removed if you take the second step and tell us why the wording of the motion was so unedifying to you. I've read it and it reads ok to me.

Come on! Enough already. Lets you and I take this plunge together and put this matter to bed.

By the way, I knew it'd be you that broke ranks first. How? From your writing style which exposes you as someone with a bit of backbone and honour. Now, lets you and I stop piddling about and get to the point of this issue. What do you think was wrong with the suggestion?

My very warmest regards to you Chris.

It is the word 'voluntary' which makes the notice of motion useless as that is what can happen now. Voluntary means doing something without being forced! The motion is forcing people to do something so the use of the word voluntary makes the notice of motion useless.

Anyway to more important things. How many people are aware that the health of thier loved ones at the hospital and throughout most of health care is dictated by unelected, unknown and largely unanswerable people. Fortunately Public Health is back in local government control, but mental health for Herefordshire dictated from Gloucestershire!

You know who the elected members of council are and how to contact them. Who do you contact if things go wrong with the health of you and yours?

Are you asking us because you don't know or feeling smug that you know and we don't? Either way, a little less hubris and a bit more information wouldn't go amiss.

Given the Council's disgraceful and unforgivable actions in Edgar St today, I'm not sure the council should be put in charge of anything anymore, let alone people's health. Need I mention this weeks dismal report to Cabinet on safeguarding and Jo Davidson's admission that "If we were inspected tomorrow we would not be judged as adequate." This 12 months on from the last damning report. What are councillors doing about it?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it,s taken so long to reply, I don't get out much theses days as I am tied up with charity work, but I don't shout about it, unlike some who get lots of expense's for what they do. So I went for a walk the other day, ( its not my fault that you shut yourself away and do not walk the streets looking for me. quote from Chris Chappell), well I went for a walk, I fell down a pot hole, got run over trying to cross the road between the cars parked on the pavement, watched as the opposing car drivers argued as to who should back up in Hinton Crescent due to all the people from the town centre who do not want to pay the expensive parking charges  parking on both sides and making it almost a no go area, some residents have acquired traffic cones which they put out in order  to try and park somewhere near to their houses, I did,t go to the Challenge Church as I feel that someone should support the Hinton Community Centre, also the same for going to the Academy, Why is Chris Chappell not on the board of governors at St Martins School? I,m glad that he is available one day a month, perhaps the police, fire service ambulance, armed forces etc should follow suit and save us all some money, anywat I must go as I STILL HAV,T FOUND THE ELUSIVE MAN WHO APPARENTY IS OUT ON THE STREETS