Council Work on Newton Brook

Chris Adcocks

Why am I not surprised Chris... Councillor Vaughan-Powell is now on the case so it will be sorted :Thumbs-Up:

PS. Chris

You uploaded the pictures perfectly but forgot to click Add to Post, hence why they did not show up on the front page, they only show up when you click on the post to read it, which is fine, but I edited your post and just click on Add to Post the first picture, so now it shows up on the main page yet all 3 appear inside the post, if that all makes sense.

This approach to basic environmental care is typical of this council. You only have to walk around the estates and the city to see weeds growing out of the kerbs. Litter strewn everywhere, blocked drains and areas of open space where nobody takes responsibility for grass cutting. On top of this, irresponsible dog owners allowing their "pets" to defecate on any open space, some where children play regularly.

You don't need expensive machinery to do the job - just a broom, hoe and shovel. Let's hope Balfour Beatty have got a few spare quid out of their £200 million pound contract over the next 10 years to buy some basic kit. If they are not sure how to use them, I will set myself up as an outside consultant, and will be looking for a generous contract to show Balfour Beatty which end of the broom to hold!

Regarding the brook, I reckon I could do a better job with a bill hook.

Chris, I got in touch with Amey in regards to the brook the work has not been finished yet all work I have asked to be done all over the belmont ward within the past five weeks will be completed by next Friday. They have had the added work of crowning trees in Newton Farm because of the introduction of double decker buses by time the schools go back.

I know we have all complained about Amey in the past including me, but to be fair when I ask them to do work they do it within the constrains of an ever decreasing budget and the reduction of staff.

In regard to Balfour Beatty as a councillor I have been invited to their launch early next month so I will see first hand what their proposal are.