New notice board at The Oval

megilleland

Nice to see a smart new cast iron notice board erected at The Oval, just past Subway on the way round to the fish and chip shop. Who is responsible for this board and placing notices within it? At the moment only general notices on view. What about putting the City of Hereford Parish Council minutes and agendas on display. We may then find out what issues in Newton Farm and Hunderton are being considered, before decisions are made.

post-109-0-59095300-1355484634.png

Nice to see a smart new cast iron notice board erected at The Oval, just past Subway on the way round to the fish and chip shop. Who is responsible for this board and placing notices within it? At the moment only general notices on view. What about putting the City of Hereford Parish Council minutes and agendas on display. We may then find out what issues in Newton Farm and Hunderton are being considered, before decisions are made.

Pleased you like the notice board there is one the other side of the road for Hunderton, they were paid for by the city council. The advice centre and I have are responsible for all notices pertaining to Newton Farm being placed in it. You should see the city council minutes on their website which you have a link here and on my website as the city council minutes which is a minimum of 15 pages last time would fill the notice board, the agenda for each meeting will be considered.

Why so close to each other? and why have they not removed the old redundant horrible blue ones? don't tell me this is not the City Councils or the Parish Councils but south Wye you are going to say now?

They are located at the beginning of each estate because there are going to be maps on the back of each of them pertaining to Hunderton & Newton Farm so to tell people where each street is.So yes I understand why you may think they are close to each other. We could not remove the blue ones because as you rightly state they belong to the South Wye Regeneration Partnership so it is up to them to remove them which I will be asking them to do.

They are located at the beginning of each estate because there are going to be maps on the back of each of them pertaining to Hunderton & Newton Farm so to tell people where each street is.So yes I understand why you may think they are close to each other. We could not remove the blue ones because as you rightly state they belong to the South Wye Regeneration Partnership so it is up to them to remove them which I will be asking them to do.

I thought there was a notice about new notice boards in the window going back over 18 months ago in this post here?

I thought there was a notice about new notice boards in the window going back over 18 months ago in this post here?

It has taken all this time to get the notice boards installed because of having to ask permission off highways, also they had to be made. The metal one's were chosen because they are simular to the one's in town and Newton Farm & Hunderton are the two city parish council estates.

You will see next week that Cllr Edwards has taken full credit for these notice boards although it was a joint venture by the then three Belmont City Council councillors so any future concerns would be best pointed in his direction.

It has taken all this time to get the notice boards installed because of having to ask permission off highways, also they had to be made. The metal one's were chosen because they are simular to the one's in town and Newton Farm & Hunderton are the two city parish council estates.

You will see next week that Cllr Edwards has taken full credit for these notice boards although it was a joint venture by the then three Belmont City Council councillors so any future concerns would be best pointed in his direction.

I was referring to the old blue South Wye Notice Boards.

Does it realy matter who took credit for the notice boards nobodys interested. At least they have been done.

Does it realy matter who took credit for the notice boards nobodys interested. At least they have been done.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Cllr Powell you would be quick enough to take credit if you had anything to do with it. Some people act like children at times, either way nobody reads these notice boards! Personally I would not want to take any credit for these, total and utter waste of tax payers money yet again in my opinion, will not be long before someone damages or defaces them.

So not we have 3 notice boards within a few yards of each other, as per the other topic on Dead Posts, I guess the old blue ones (south wye) will just continue to look an eye sore for a few more years. :Thumbs-Down:

I bet they have cost a ridiculous amount of money? this money would of been better served on taking down the stupid traffic lights at Asda and freeing up the traffic jams that they cause daily! now that would be something to be proud of if the Councillors could do that!

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Cllr Powell you would be quick enough to take credit if you had anything to do with it. Some people act like children at times, either way nobody reads these notice boards! Personally I would not want to take any credit for these, total and utter waste of tax payers money yet again in my opinion, will not be long before someone damages or defaces them.

So not we have 3 notice boards within a few yards of each other, as per the other topic on Dead Posts, I guess the old blue ones (south wye) will just continue to look an eye sore for a few more years. :Thumbs-Down:

I bet they have cost a ridiculous amount of money? this money would of been better served on taking down the stupid traffic lights at Asda and freeing up the traffic jams that they cause daily! now that would be something to be proud of if the Councillors could do that!

Thats where you are wrong,I do not have to take credit I have a track record of my own achievements that the people of Belmont Ward acknowledges. As I said it was three city parish councillors who jointly contributed to the venture not one! I totally agree with you about the traffic lights.

I cannot believe that we have three notice boards within yards of each other, It will be another 18 months until the blue one is removed, that's if they bother at all. I agree with victor it's a waste of our money again and yes this money should of gone to developing much more important issues like the traffic system on the Belmont Road.

3notices.png

Here is one of the new ones

notice1.png

Well maybe they will place one of my posters advertising Belmont Voice within these notice boards. I was offered by Adrian that the ones I left at one of the meetings last year he would be laminated and place in all the parish notice boards, so far only the notice board at North Holme has one within.

I was referring to the old blue South Wye Notice Boards.

Colin- as I have said in a previous reply to another post, the blue one's came from the South Wye Regeneration Board (now partnership)monies back in 1998, the notice boards were given to each community group for their use, so technically the one at the Oval belongs to the Advice Centre. When this conversation came up 18 months ago here I approached them when I read your post, all that was said is 'it is broken' but they did nothing about it.

Colin- as I have said in a previous reply to another post, the blue one's came from the South Wye Regeneration Board (now partnership)monies back in 1998, the notice boards were given to each community group for their use, so technically the one at the Oval belongs to the Advice Centre. When this conversation came up 18 months ago here I approached them when I read your post, all that was said is 'it is broken' but they did nothing about it.

Well I thought at that time that you said that they were looking at new ones? because I asked if I repaired it could I use it.

The notice board at the oval can not be repaired it has to be replaced, there is a notice for BV in the window of the Information Centre I read it last night.

So can we ask them if they are going to be repaired and used, if not, they need to be taken down as they look a mess. There is also one near the Palace Fish Bar at Hunderton

On 12/02/2012 at 14:09, Colin James said:

I cannot believe that we have three notice boards within yards of each other, It will be another 18 months until the blue one is removed, that's if they bother at all. I agree with victor it's a waste of our money again and yes this money should of gone to developing much more important issues like the traffic system on the Belmont Road.

Here is one of the new ones

Well maybe they will place one of my posters advertising Belmont Voice within these notice boards. I was offered by Adrian that the ones I left at one of the meetings last year he would be laminated and place in all the parish notice boards, so far only the notice board at North Holme has one within.

To attempt to explain, the two new boards were only put in last Tuesday, the installers could not be ask to take the blue one's away as they did not install them that is why I said I would ask SWRB to have them removed. As you know the notice boards belong to BRPC Belmont Rural Parish Council, the NB at Northolme belongs to the centre therefore as Adrian is their secretary he could put your notice in their board. it is up to the parish council what goes into their boards.

The notice boards look ok to me, agree a bit pricey, but that is local council expenditure for you. Now that we have got them, get the old ones removed, refurbished and offered to another group who will use them. The important thing is to put useful information in them that will assist the local citizens, ie the city council and county council agendas which affect this area. Then people can be made aware of issues coming up for discussion by these bodies before the decisions are made.

Other items could be Haywood Country Park, Herefordshire Housing developments ie The Oval. Any other suggestions?

To attempt to explain, the two new boards were only put in last Tuesday, the installers could not be ask to take the blue one's away as they did not install them that is why I said I would ask SWRB to have them removed. As you know the notice boards belong to BRPC Belmont Rural Parish Council, the NB at Northolme belongs to the centre therefore as Adrian is their secretary he could put your notice in their board. it is up to the parish council what goes into their boards.

Glenda, I asked the Pc at the meeting last year (You were absent) if I could have BV advertised in all of the PC notice boards. I had the sheets with me, I was told it would not be a problem, then Adrian offered to laminate my advertising sheets of paper that I handed to him prior to putting them into the notice boards as this would stop them getting damaged, but so far, only the one has been put up. You were not present at that meeting to be fair, so that is why you probably are unaware. I will email Adrian to remind him.

• 5 months later...

I asked the Pc at the meeting last year if I could have BV advertised in all of the PC notice boards. I had the sheets with me, I was told it would not be a problem, then Adrian offered to laminate my advertising sheets of paper that I handed to him prior to putting them into the notice boards as this would stop them getting damaged, but so far, only the one has been put up. You were not present at that meeting to be fair, so that is why you probably are unaware. I will email Adrian to remind him.

Colin, the advert for BV did go in all BRPC notice boards last year but other priorities and a tendency for notices to disappear when the door is opened in windy and wet weather means some have disappeared. If you e-mail me the notice, I'll try to get them back up when I next go around the notice boards to put things in. The boards at the Oval are not BRPC notice boards so I can't do those ones

Liz

On 19/07/2012 at 09:02, BRPC said:

Colin, the advert for BV did go in all BRPC notice boards last year but other priorities and a tendency for notices to disappear when the door is opened in windy and wet weather means some have disappeared. If you e-mail me the notice, I'll try to get them back up when I next go around the notice boards to put things in. The boards at the Oval are not BRPC notice boards so I can't do those ones
Liz

Thank you Liz I will email some new ones across :Winky:

Colin, having read your post about the noticeboards I have asked the Town Clerk how much the notice boards at the Oval and by Blackmarston Road cost he has replied: around £1.800 each, each map cost £100 to print and a further £100 each for the glasier to install them. I have now asked him why the maps have not been installed. I had asked Cllr Edwards the same question but to date he has not answered my email. There has been seating benches and new waste bins installed as well but I was given the cost of the other items.

On 19/07/2012 at 10:14, Glenda Powell said:

Colin, having read your post about the noticeboards I have asked the Town Clerk how much the notice boards at the Oval and by Blackmarston Road cost he has replied: around £1.800 each, each map cost £100 to print and a further £100 each for the glasier to install them. I have now asked him why the maps have not been installed. I had asked Cllr Edwards the same question but to date he has not answered my email. There has been seating benches and new waste bins installed as well but I was given the cost of the other items.

So is that £1,800? or £18,000 each?

As I stated the town clerk said they cost £1.800 each plus £200 each for the maps and installation which has not happened. I am still waiting for comformation of this from Cllr Edwards, you have also to consider the extra cost of each bench and waste bins that has been installed, I am still waiting for the total cost of the latter to be sent to me, by Cllr Edwards.

As I stated the town clerk said they cost £1.800 each plus £200 each for the maps and installation which has not happened. I am still waiting for comformation of this from Cllr Edwards, you have also to consider the extra cost of each bench and waste bins that has been installed, I am still waiting for the total cost of the latter to be sent to me, by Cllr Edwards.

Ok that is a little different to the sum of eighteen thousand pound that I was told they cost, more of a realistic figure now.

I have received a verbal reply today from Cllr Edwards to my request about the costs of the notice boards he said as the work has not been completed he could not give me the cost of the boards, which leaves me wondering do I believe the Town Clerk estimated amount of £1,800 for each board plus maps and glazier cost of £200 each map and fixing totalling £2,000 each, or is the cost much higher that is why Cllr Edwards will not say?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Councillor Edwards have taken credit for their instalation, so any new information is left to him to put in there.

Hardly credit Councillor, he would of got more credit if he had of organised the removal of the old blue South Wye notice boards scattered about because they are just an eye sore! :Thumbs-Down: