Pleasant Suprise

Colin James

Mmm maybe I should of waited before posting yesterday, when I got home yesterday afernoon, I was suprised to see the field half full of the cut tree's

gc3.png

But I did not leave any comment as I assumed that their lorry was probably full and they would come back today to finish the job...WRONG! 5.50pm and nobody from Amey has been near today so looks like this little lot is here for the weekend. Lets hope no idiots set fire to it eh..

gc4.png

How silly was that? resident were complaining about this little field a few years ago, and some kids set fire to the fence, If I remember right, so this is just waiting to be set a light :Surprised_32:  I am really suprised that nobody had the sense to come back today to remove this.

How silly was that? resident were complaining about this little field a few years ago, and some kids set fire to the fence, If I remember right, so this is just waiting to be set a light :Surprised_32:  I am really suprised that nobody had the sense to come back today to remove this.

We had this problem at Argyll Rise this was Hereford Housing they left all the cut trees for a few days,and there were young children climbing over them.When they start a job they should finish it.And not leave them so people could get hurt.

I will send AMEY an email, could someone please send me a message via the link with the photos via the website as I will send these over too

Thank you

Good idea Adrian because this is potentially a fire hazard, a little silly leaving it all there like that really.

Colin, having read your post above I again contacted Amey,they advised me they were not Amey staff who cut the trees leaving some of it behind but Ross Tree Services.

Glenda, yes they were Amey staff!

I have today met with Neil Davies from Amey who informed me that the reason that the tree's have not been collected is because 2 members of the pilot team needed training to be able drive with a trailer (wood chipper) and that they will be returning tomorrow.

We also both agreed on several area's that need additional work to be carried out before the job is completed, which will happen tomorrow at the same time.

Thank you Neil for all your help today. :Thumbs-Up:

I have today met with Neil Davies from Amey who informed me that the reason that the tree's have not been collected is because 2 members of the pilot team needed training to be able drive with a trailer (wood chipper) and that they will be returning tomorrow.

We also both agreed on several area's that need additional work to be carried out before the job is completed, which will happen tomorrow at the same time.

I have just been contacted by Amey to apologise for giving me the wrong information in regard to who cut the trees.( see post above) They have assured me the work will be completed tomorrow hopefully in the morning.

Thank you Neil for all your help today. Thumbs-Up.png

Thank you Colin, most excellent work  :Cool_32:

Good result again, well done councillor James lol :Thumbs-Up:

Good effort Colin  :Happy_32:

Well done Colin  :Happy_32:

I have just been contacted by Amey to apologise for giving me the wrong information in regard to who cut the trees.( see post above) They have assured me the work will be completed tomorrow hopefully in the morning.

We know that Glenda because Colin had already told us!  :Blushing_32:

Hummm, Amey have been this morning and cleared away the branches and did some cutting back, but left about 30 mins ago, so they were here no more than 80mins, I have rang and left a message for Neil to give me a call as what we discussed has not been completed, I can only assume that the team have been called away and that they will be back later?

So what happened in the end?

To be fair, Neil Davies has been very helpful, he was here again yesterday and we had a chat, loads of the tree's and brambles have been cleared, we decided between us which ones needed clearly. Neighbours are all really happy, lots of light now again, just like it used to be, have a look

DSC_7358.JPG

To be fair, Neil Davies has been very helpful, he was here again yesterday and we had a chat, loads of the tree's and brambles have been cleared, we decided between us which ones needed clearly. Neighbours are all really happy, lots of light now again, just like it used to be, have a look

Good on you Colin for getting it sorted.  :Happy_32: