Traffic Lights Out Today & Traffic Was Fine

Bill Thomas

The nighmare traffic lights at the Asda roundabout were out of order today for a short time and the traffic moved better when they were off. What does that tell you...

It tells you they should never have been put there! In 2003 just after I became a councillor and a member of the Central Planning Committee when the ASDA and traffic lights application came before us, I advised they would never work unless they were in sequence, some councillors said 'I was new, so my coments should be ignored' eight years on what have we got CONGESTION most of the time, and we have all lived to regret it!

Well if your coming from Hunderton towards town the lights only let about 4 cars thru, then they change to red again, priorities are all wrong. Traffic flows better when they are not working. Do not know why they have traffic lights there.

Bill, totally agree, we would all be better off if they were removed!

This is always the case. These lights are out of sequence, priority is completely wrong, anyone who lives local and uses this road daily can see that, so why on earth can't the local council see it and do something about it?