Any update on the rubbish @ Belmont Pool

Colin James

I am aware that Cllr Powell reported all the rubbish and tyres in and around the pool last week, it was my understanding that Amey were going there?? I have had a quick walk around this morning and everything is still there.

Maybe it will take a little longer...

I am aware that Cllr Powell reported all the rubbish and tyres in and around the pool last week, it was my understanding that Amey were going there?? I have had a quick walk around this morning and everything is still there.

Maybe it will take a little longer...

Colin I had a walk round with our young'un, they were still there, I also saw youths swimming in the lower pond, I just wonder what will happen to the ponds if one of them drowns.

Colin I had a walk round with our young'un, they were still there, I also saw youths swimming in the lower pond, I just wonder what will happen to the ponds if one of them drowns.

Well we have seen it all before Roger, they will do something when it's too late.

As for the rubbish it was my understanding that someone from Amey was going there last week?

:Thumbs-Up: Frank- Amey has been in touch with me this afternoon because of my request yesterday, they are going up to the pools today with the community enforcement officers to look at the mess and also hopefully find some evidence as to who dumped the rubbish there, they have also assured me that the rubbish would be cleared this weekend. I have also ask for a notice to be put there to advise people will be prosecuted if cought fly tipping.

The garden rubbish has been removed from Belmont Pool, but the tiers are still there but now joined by toilet systern.

I was wondering who will remove the tiers and the toilet systern, it look as if Amey have removed the garden rubbish, but are the tiers are too difficult?

Cllr Edwards says how wonderful he is, but has done nothing yet to clear up the rubbish.

The garden rubbish has been removed from Belmont Pool, but the tiers are still there but now joined by toilet systern.

I was wondering who will remove the tiers and the toilet systern, it look as if Amey have removed the garden rubbish, but are the tiers are too difficult?

Cllr Edwards says how wonderful he is, but has done nothing yet to clear up the rubbish.

Well how difficult is to remove a few tyres? for Pete's sake surely it can't be that hard, or do the council need to have a meeting about it first? According to previous posts Amey were going there last week and what?

Well how difficult is to remove a few tyres? for Pete's sake surely it can't be that hard, or do the council need to have a meeting about it first? According to previous posts Amey were going there last week and what?

Victor, this will take forever.

Victor, this will take forever.

Having spoken to the local police officer last night outside Northolme Centre she told me that she with the environment enforcement officer were going to the pools this morning, the black bags were removed and on invetigation found evidence who had put them there!

Having spoken to the local police officer last night outside Northolme Centre she told me that she with the environment enforcement officer were going to the pools this morning, the black bags were removed and on investigation found evidence who had put them there!

Well that is good, but what about Amey's visit last week? or did they not go?

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been informed that the supervisor has left instructions NOT TO CLEAN UP THE POOL AND REMOVE THE TYRE'S as they will do this later in the year when they have a general clean up of that area, well that is just typical eh, this would take a couple of guys and a van no more than a few hours at the very most! supply me with the kit and I will gladly do it for them!

Kids have been seen swimming in the pools, so what will happen if one of these kids drowns because of these tyres Mmmmm  :Angry:  :Angry:  :Angry:

Having spoken to the local police officer last night outside Northolme Centre she told me that she with the environment enforcement officer were going to the pools this morning, the black bags were removed and on investigation found evidence who had put them there!

Glenda

Joining the tiers we now have furniture, and a bit of home gym I saw this for sale at car boot on Sunday afternoon. Obviously it did not sell so it is now dumped at the ponds, on way home from car boot. I expect but don’t remember the seller had a van, but to dump at council site if you have a van you have to pay hence they dumped it at the ponds.

The ponds are being destroyed by the fishermen lighting fires under trees causing damage by fire to the trees, leaving human excrement, and litter which awaits to be collected by Cllr Edwards, who is nursing the fishermen to destroy the ponds.

It is no longer a pleasure to walk round the ponds on the weekends with drunken fishermen lying across the foot path, dog poo's, and other rubbish. Would you like to take your children pond dipping there?

I have complained to my local parish councillor, and he said he complained to Mr R. Hemblade and Cllr Edwards, but nothing is being done.

My Parish Councillor said his words have fallen on deaf ears, they just don’t want to know, he said there will be a meeting on 15 July 2010 at 5.30 pm at the end of Westholme Road, where the public and fishermen can voice their thoughts.

I was there last week it is such a pretty area but there is rubbish, can the council not remove this? it would not take long

Your local Councillor Edwards does a regular rubbish clear up of his own accord, I have seen him. If you are not happy to walk amongst litter and dog poo give him a ring. I got his phone number for you from the notice board in Westhome Road, give him a ring 01432350688 and let him know how you feel.