Belmont Pool

Colin James

The picture is lovely, but if you walk around the lake it is a disgrace.Rubbish everywhere old tyres in the water and other items.

I walked around there a few weeks ago with my dogs and my mum and dad i felt embarressed taking them around it.

There needs to be a big clean up.Who is incharge of the lake, they need to pull there finger out and tidy it up.

The pools were cleaned 2 weeks ago on a comunity tidy up by residents of Belmont, Newton Farm, South Wye regeneration team and members of the Belmont Pools Steering group which includes local ward members.

Cllr Glenda Powell

Have you walked around the lake since then, there is still tyres and Tvs, carpets in the lake so it has not been cleaned up.

Back in March there was a meeting at the Kindle Centre where a litter pick was arranged which was done,and for Amey to clear the lake and to do some pruning to branches.This was not done and it has been over 2 months since the meeting.

Have you walked around the lake since then, there is still tyres and Tvs, carpets in the lake so it has not been cleaned up.

Back in March there was a meeting at the Kindle Centre where a litter pick was arranged which was done,and for Amey to clear the lake and to do some pruning to branches.This was not done and it has been over 2 months since the meeting.

I note your coments. speak to Cllr Edwards he tell's me he was there yesterday watching the swans and ducks while speaking to a man fishing, he says he saw no carpets etc.

Glenda Powell

I note your coments. speak to Cllr Edwards he tell's me he was there yesterday watching the swans and ducks while speaking to a man fishing, he says he saw no carpets etc.

Glenda Powell

Thats funny I took the dogs for a walk this morning, Wednesday and the Tyres are still in the same place as 2 months ago.They are on the far side by the Haywood lane and there is some about 30 yards east of the first lot,the carpet is still in the water on the north side.Are you not a local councillor representing Belmont are you not able to act on your own , it looks like you have to have to Councillor Edwards to hold your hand.

I have a lot of admarration for you and I think you are a good councillor ,but what suprises me is why do you need councillor Edwards help.

Thats funny I took the dogs for a walk this morning, Wednesday and the Tyres are still in the same place as 2 months ago.They are on the far side by the Haywood lane and there is some about 30 yards east of the first lot,the carpet is still in the water on the north side.Are you not a local councillor representing Belmont are you not able to act on your own , it looks like you have to have to Councillor Edwards to hold your hand.
I have a lot of admarration for you and I think you are a good councillor ,but what suprises me is why do you need councillor Edwards help.

OK that's enough please of the personal attacks on Cllr Powell, from what I have just read Cllr Powell was trying to be helpful, but you seem determined to be critical of everything she does! Please be more positive in your replies or if you find that difficult just refrain from posting. I would advise you to also read the forum rules at this stage if you have not done so already. We do not edit posts on this site, unlike other sites, however, if your post continue in such a negative manner I will be left with no choice.

Belmont Voice is your vehicle to contact your councilors and discuss issues, please respect others  :Angry: 

OK that's enough please of the personal attacks on Cllr Powell, from what I have just read Cllr Powell was trying to be helpful, but you seem determined to be critical of everything she does! Please be more positive in your replies or if you find that difficult just refrain from posting. I would advise you to also read the forum rules at this stage if you have not done so already. We do not edit posts on this site, unlike other sites, however, if your post continue in such a negative manner I will be left with no choice.

Belmont Voice is your vehicle to contact your councilors and discuss issues, please respect others :Angry: 

Here here!! starting to become personal now, so I am pleased that the admin has stepped in, these comments have also ruined the original topic which was a beautiful picture.

Belmont Voice is your vehicle to contact your councilors and discuss issues, please respect others :Angry: 

I do not think that lpusseycat made a personal attack on Cllr Powell she told the truth, I feel if she passes the buck on to Cllr Edwards, is she the right person to represent the residents Hereford as a local councillor?

If you are in politics you should be able to accept criticism, and adapt yourself.

I must remind Cllr Powell that she was elected to represent the residents, and not to pass the buck on to another councillor.

Note I am not making a personal attack on Cllr Powell, I am saying what her electorate demands from her, if she is unable to do that, then she should resign.

:Angry:  :Angry:  :Angry:

I must remind Cllr Powell that she was elected to represent the residents, and not to pass the buck on to another councillor.

May I remind you that councillor Powell is not the only councillor to represent us in the Belmont ward,but she seems to be the most active, especially on here answering as many questions as she can. She is accused of passing the buck? as at the moment she is not a parish councillor is she? thought that position was vacant until Thursday, so what else was she supposed to do then?

Read it again, she merely suggested to speak to councillor Edwards as he was only there the day before

I thought Cllr Powell's response was quite nice to be honest.Still some people, no matter how hard they try to be helpful will always be slammed, especially with nasty sarcastic comments like the one below, totally un-called for sorry but it was.

It is not a personal attack or a nasty sarcastic comment on cllr powell.
I was only commenting on what I saw up the lake today.Instead of asking another councillor about the rubbish up the lake why couldn,t cllr Powell have gone and seen for herself or just said she would look into it and see why Amey hadn't cleared the rubbish.
I thought that is why you are a councillor to help the people in the community.
I will not be writing any thing else on here because someone complains about things they don't like it was the same on the Belmont rural website and that closed down. :Sad:  

I was only commenting on what I saw up the lake today.Instead of asking another councillor about the rubbish up the lake why couldn,t cllr Powell have gone and seen for herself or just said she would look into it and see why Amey hadn't cleared the rubbish.

I will not be writing any thing else on here because someone complains about things they don't like it was the same on the Belmont rural website and that closed down. :Sad:

I did not think she was the parish councillor, vacant position is it not? maybe you did not think about that before you started laying the blame at her door.

Where is Cllr Edwards then??? is he not the chairman? he has been invited on here several times, thought he was there to represent us all too?

Well unlike the other site this one will not be closing, I can assure you of that.

Colin,

Beautiful pictures, but the camera does tell lies, take pictures of the tiers the white TV, there is a black bag and an old carpet that is visible as the water level drops. Look closer the rubbish left by the fishermen, the damage caused by them having bon fires against the old yew tree. The damage to the dam, and the litter is back. Cllr Edwards can be seen picking up litter and yet it comes back. Colin by the time the fishermen take over the lake for themselves you will not get the same pictures again, so make the most.

A lot of people would like to see fishing banned, as it is a cruel sport the way these fishermen behave. Would it not be nice if the ponds were to recover on their own with the help of the council, with seats, pick nick places, pond dipping for children, so that families can enjoy nature at its best in the middle of the city of Hereford at its best.

Thumbs-Up.png:Winky:  Thumbs-Up.png:Winky:

Colin,

Beautiful pictures, but the camera does tell lies, take pictures of the tiers the white TV, there is a black bag and an old carpet that is visible as the water level drops. Look closer the rubbish left by the fishermen, the damage caused by them having bon fires against the old yew tree. The damage to the dam, and the litter is back. Cllr Edwards can be seen picking up litter and yet it comes back. Colin by the time the fishermen take over the lake for themselves you will not get the same pictures again, so make the most.

A lot of people would like to see fishing banned, as it is a cruel sport the way these fishermen behave. Would it not be nice if the ponds were to recover on their own with the help of the council, with seats, pick nick places, pond dipping for children, so that families can enjoy nature at its best in the middle of the city of Hereford at its best.

Thumbs-Up.png:Winky:  Thumbs-Up.png:Winky: 

I have again spoken with officers of Parks & countryside at Herefordshire Council yesterday morning inviting them to go to the north and east of the lakes to see the mess and report back to me before the close of day, This they did saying that since the community litter pick someone had been fly tipping from the area of Haywood Lane I have ask them to clear the area.

Going back to the grass verge on A465 Amey has just rang me to say that the grass cutters are going back today, I have also ask them again how many times a year they cut the grass verges and I was shocked to be told just twice a year, I told the officer that is not acceptable and I would be looking into their contract with Herefordshire Council for the verges to be cut when needed.

I have again spoken with officers of Parks & countryside at Herefordshire Council yesterday morning inviting them to go to the north and east of the lakes to see the mess and report back to me before the close of day, This they did saying that since the community litter pick someone had been fly tipping from the area of Haywood Lane I have ask them to clear the area.

Going back to the grass verge on A465 Amey has just rang me to say that the grass cutters are going back today, I have also ask them again how many times a year they cut the grass verges and I was shocked to be told just twice a year, I told the officer that is not acceptable and I would be looking into their contract with Herefordshire Council for the verges to be cut when needed.

Glenda,

There has been one litter pick, but they did not touch the tiers or the TV or other heavy work.

It would be exceedingly nice to have the tiers etc cleaned up, but again we are fighting the dirty fishermen who cause damage and leave the litter behind.

I would like to see fishing controlled by a daily fee, and the fishermen remove their litter the fee could go to the council to help to go towards the maintenance. The fishermen who stay from Friday to Sunday I ask you where do they go to the toilet.

For me I would like to take my children down to the pond do a bit of pond dibbing, have a pick nick, we would take our rubbish home, and also the children could enjoy and learn about nature. We could see the return of the Kingfisher, the heron can still bee seen on occasions. I think it is nature or uncontrolled vandalising fishermen.

:Thumbs-Up::Thumbs-Up::Thumbs-Up:

Thank you Cllr Powell, can't belive the only cut these verges twice a year, that's unreal.

Frank, and everyone who has contacted me in regard to the grass verge along the main A465 from Belmont Abbey to the roundabout, I have just had Amey ring me again to say they will be cutting / weeding the whole length of the road on Monday morning. I will be at council Monday until the afternoon but will go up to see that the work has been carried out, and if not I will want to know why!

May I remind you that councillor Powell is not the only councillor to represent us in the Belmont ward,but she seems to be the most active, especially on here answering as many questions as she can. She is accused of passing the buck? as at the moment she is not a parish councillor is she? thought that position was vacant until Thursday, so what else was she supposed to do then?

Dear, dear,Colin

The reason Cllr Powell is the most active on this website, because it is her website, now! Now! I thought you had sussed it out by now.

Read it again, she merely suggested to speak to councillor Edwards as he was only there the day before

I thought Cllr Powell's response was quite nice to be honest.Still some people, no matter how hard they try to be helpful will always be slammed, especially with nasty sarcastic comments like the one below, totally un-called for sorry but it was.

Read again and you will see that she is passing the buck by refering the person to Cllr Edwards.

Dear, dear,Colin

The reason Cllr Powell is the most active on this website, because it is her website, now! Now! I thought you had sussed it out by now.

The other Herefordshire councillors have been ask to join the website by admin and myself many times they have declined. There are parish councillors who have join BV, but have chosen just to be members not under the heading of councillor.

Read again and you will see that she is passing the buck by refering the person to Cllr Edwards.

If you knew me, you would know I do not pass the buck to anyone, I just quoted what Cllr Edwards said to me when I rang him to ask if he had seen any rubbish at the pools, and advised her to ask him to confirm what he had said to me...

Frank, me old mate there is a litter bin, but the fishermen do not know what it is for.

Frank - when the country park is completed you will see many facilities for everyone to enjoy what ever their age, the pools will form part of the park, and yes there will be bins for the rubbish. The park will be managed by the partners who help to buy the pools.

Sorry Roger I don't agree, she was merely suggesting to contact Cllr Edwards as he was only there the day before, & why not!! he is the chairman, apparently... and also at this present time is she not a parish councillor? thought that position was vacant as I saw on another posting. Election is today is it not? so it should be passed to an active councillor, yes?

Cllr Edwards is also there to represent the constituents of the belmont ward, as are other councillors, so where are they and why are they not on here answering our questions, especially now that the other site, is all but closed.

Sorry Roger I don't agree, she was merely suggesting to contact Cllr Edwards as he was only there the day before, & why not!! he is the chairman, apparently... and also at this present time is she not a parish councillor? thought that position was vacant as I saw on another posting. Election is today is it not? so it should be passed to an active councillor, yes?

Cllr Edwards is also there to represent the constituents of the belmont ward, as are other councillors, so where are they and why are they not on here answering our questions, especially now that the other site, is all but closed.

They must be busy helping people in the community.And they haven't time to come on here  :Happy_32:

Dear, dear,Colin

Roger, Your information is so so totally wrong sir! you could not be further from the truth, your sources are not accurate at all, maybe you should suss that one.

Belmont Voice does not! represent any single persons, this website is a vehicle/voice for the residents of the Belmont Ward, nothing more nothing less, so if anyone wants to challenge that fact please make sure your information is correct before publishing what you think.

Cllr Powell however, seems to be one of the only active councillors helping out here and trying her best to answer the questions our members are asking.