Bypass statistics ignored by Council

Hereford Labour

6 hours ago, Hereford Labour said:

Herefordshire Council ignores the statistics provided by its own consultants as to the need for a bypass.
45% of peak hour traffic is heading for North Hereford with no need to cross the River Wye or traverse Hereford.

Traffic inflow.jpg

I completly agree with you that we don't need a by-pass.Our traffic congestion is with us because of poor road layout,too many traffic lights that are on a generic timed loop 
and not enough roundabouts.
We do however need thousands of homes to be built over the next 15-20 years that cannot be built without this road.

Two years ago the Church Commission put in a PA for 1300 houses on land between Three Elms Road and Kings Acre Road , that's a start Ragwert , not sure if a Byepass will help many of the occupants of these homes , I know nothing about Traffuc Management but I would have thought that most of the cars on this big estate will head toward the City .

20 minutes ago, Ubique said:

Two years ago the Church Commission put in a PA for 1300 houses on land between Three Elms Road and Kings Acre Road , that's a start Ragwert , not sure if a Byepass will help many of the occupants of these homes , I know nothing about Traffuc Management but I would have thought that most of the cars on this big estate will head toward the City .

They won't build them without the by-pass Ubique so I guess these homes won't be finished until at least 2030.
I don't know how old that stats image above is but there is a big traffic survey taking place right now with traffic sensors placed all over the City with
each survey site costing £850 so a pretty expensive excercise.

14 hours ago, ragwert said:

They won't build them without the by-pass Ubique so I guess these homes won't be finished until at least 2030.
I don't know how old that stats image above is but there is a big traffic survey taking place right now with traffic sensors placed all over the City with
each survey site costing £850 so a pretty expensive excercise.

The scheme was designed and presented such that a proportion of them (500?, I can't remember) could be built without a bypass, which will run alongside the site. I went to the exhibition and studied the proposals in some detail at the time. Access via simple t junction off Three Elms Road just past Annetts Furniture. No doubt BBLP will insist on traffic lights to boost their income.

15 hours ago, Ubique said:

Thanks Ragwert for update ......2030, well that not going to interest me . I thought that all the Welsh Water workings, putting in new pipes  in Three Elms Road was in preparation for the commencement of building  ( after PA approved ) 

I think so too.

1 hour ago, twowheelsgood said:

The scheme was designed and presented such that a proportion of them (500?, I can't remember) could be built without a bypass, which will run alongside the site. I went to the exhibition and studied the proposals in some detail at the time. Access via simple t junction off Three Elms Road just past Annetts Furniture. No doubt BBLP will insist on traffic lights to boost their income.

They have an interest in building some 300+ homes just past the Roman Road junction too.