Green dragon sold

ragwert

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is money badly spent by the investors'. Premier Inn by the football ground is being built. When punters search for hotels online I doubt The Green Dragon will hit the radar. Hereford City, in my opinion, has very little to offer to tourists' from further afield. 

8 hours ago, Roger said:

I think this is money badly spent by the investors'. Premier Inn by the football ground is being built. When punters search for hotels online I doubt The Green Dragon will hit the radar. Hereford City, in my opinion, has very little to offer to tourists' from further afield. 

I do not agree, this hotel is smack in the city centre and if done right will be the centre piece hotel, good to see people investing locally.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am meeting a man who is stopping at the Green Dragon  at the end of the month with his wife . I will report back his observations .

( I accept that the refurbishment etc would not have commenced by then) 

As an aside the man I am meeting I last met on the 8th  January 1957 , we were both 15 yr olds who had joined the Recruits Troop , Boys Regt RA at Bradbury Lines . 

2 hours ago, H.Wilson said:

I do not agree, this hotel is smack in the city centre and if done right will be the centre piece hotel, good to see people investing locally.

Agree.You only have to look at the sucsess of Castle House to see that a revamp of the Green Dragon can only be a good thing.

16 hours ago, Denise Lloyd said:

The Cathedral would be fairly high up on the to visit list surely 

People (visitors) do 'buy into' local history. And ancient buildings. I accept that. But I think Hereford has not got enough 'bucket list' type draw factors, or events, to attract a steady stream of people regardless of the time of year. One major event that does act as a magnet is the beer/cider thing at the side of the Wye. People travel miles to spend money in Hereford for that. And camp.