Parking in Hereford - frustrated visitors

John

As a recent first time visitor to Hereford is there anyone out there who can lend a hand?  On a very wet weekday recently I struggled, no doubt like many others, to find a parking place near the City centre.  Eventually finding a (hugely expensive) space in the Little Berrington Street NCP park I was beaten by the confusing payment instructions and took my car away to a more remote place to park.  Sadly NCP chose to issue me with a parking fine, or notice as they like to call it.   I want to appeal the notice, but NCP now refuse to tell me what the payment instructions were on display on the payment/ticket machine which leaves me unable to argue my corner.   I would go and take a photo myself but I live in London.  

I would love to visit Hereford again another time to explore its charms some more, but this experience has put me off!  Is there any kind person who can send me a photo of the instructions on this particular NCP machine?  

In anticipation of your very kind support.   

58 minutes ago, John said:

As a recent first time visitor to Hereford is there anyone out there who can lend a hand?  On a very wet weekday recently I struggled, no doubt like many others, to find a parking place near the City centre.  Eventually finding a (hugely expensive) space in the Little Berrington Street NCP park I was beaten by the confusing payment instructions and took my car away to a more remote place to park.  Sadly NCP chose to issue me with a parking fine, or notice as they like to call it.   I want to appeal the notice, but NCP now refuse to tell me what the payment instructions were on display on the payment/ticket machine which leaves me unable to argue my corner.   I would go and take a photo myself but I live in London.  

I would love to visit Hereford again another time to explore its charms some more, but this experience has put me off!  Is there any kind person who can send me a photo of the instructions on this particular NCP machine?  

In anticipation of your very kind support.   

I'm close by so will take a picture for you.I'd avoid these NCP car parks on your next visit John.

Thats very kind of you ragwert I appreciate it - unfortunately the notice in your photo isnt the one I am after, and isnt focussed enough to read from the photo - I need to find the instructions on how to pay which are not on a yellow notice but on the payment machine near the entrance, with its back to the street.  The machine has a keypad to enter the car reg number into.   

John

1 hour ago, John said:

Thats very kind of you ragwert I appreciate it - unfortunately the notice in your photo isnt the one I am after, and isnt focussed enough to read from the photo - I need to find the instructions on how to pay which are not on a yellow notice but on the payment machine near the entrance, with its back to the street.  The machine has a keypad to enter the car reg number into.   

John

I'm passing there in the morning so will take another pic.
I like how them signs are some 10ft up in the air and very difficult to read.

• 1 year later...

Hello

I have had a similar problem at the short/medium stay car park on Little Berrington Street. I definitely went to the machine to pay but NCP say there is no record. You had to enter registration details. I can’t remember if it was coins or just contactless.  Does anyone know if the machine in the short stay takes coins as if so they have no proof I didn’t pay. They didn’t issue paper tickets. 

Also so is there number plate recognition in the long stay as I drove in there first and decided it was too expensive for the time I needed. 

Thanks for your help.