Should the five heads of the LA face a independent scrutiny panel?

Cambo

Should the five heads of the LA…who are Alistair Neil,Stephen Vickers,Chris Baird,Geoff Hughes & Karen Wright face a totally independent scrutiny panel that is a panel made up of people who are not involved in the day to day running of the council?

as I believe they should. Because for me,these five hide in the shadows…never ever face true scrutiny…are puppet masters of our elected councillors? as I would say they are behind the true policy making?…conjuring up decisions,orchestrate plans,deciding what building developments go where,advise & coerce our councillors into rubber stamping what is in effect there own desires with little or no regard to true public opinion…As at the end of the day it is us,who's daily lives are affect by the outcome of their actions…which can last years if not decades in some cases?!

McNeil's a busted flush, probably always has been. It's Geoff Hughes who really runs the Council. While I'd love to see him get the third degree off a pitchfork wielding lynchmob an independent scrutiny panel it ain't gonna happen.  Local authorities don't do this type of transparency and I can't imagine Herefordshire with its embedded culture of secrecy, deals behind closed doors and brown envelopes, being a pioneer in that regard.

10 hours ago, Pete Boggs said:

McNeil's a busted flush, probably always has been. It's Geoff Hughes who really runs the Council. While I'd love to see him get the third degree off a pitchfork wielding lynchmob an independent scrutiny panel it ain't gonna happen.  Local authorities don't do this type of transparency and I can't imagine Herefordshire with its embedded culture of secrecy, deals behind closed doors and brown envelopes, being a pioneer in that regard.

But he's still getting paid quite handsomely for being number one head which if what you say is true pete,he needs to go because he's not fit for purpose & is not good value for money!

your right there's no way they would agree to a public scrutiny of themselves because then they'd be found wanting as we all know that they would be…but that is exactly what I am aiming to do force them into agree to do one!…& as Blackadder would say I have a "cunning plan"which is already in motion to try to bring,about just that!

I have to say I'm a little disappointed at the response to this thread…I was hoping to open up a debate on the subject matter to engage other posters feelings on this issue.

as I feel that these five heads should face a independent scrutiny panel…so this thread I was hoping would open up a discussion on how we might bring that about?…as impossible as it might sound or seem? I really do feel we can make it happen as a community working together…so come on HV post lend me your ears & thoughts.

13 hours ago, Denise Lloyd said:

Cambo don't take it personally but I believe  people generally are afraid very afraid to voice an opinion any longer

I'm not taking it personally Denise,I'm just disappointed at the lack of response but I don't think it's just on this thread it seems to be across the board on all threads there doesn't seem to be the posters there once was posting…the disease of apathy is even spreading through the realms of HV with Hereford people voices falling silent which is not a good sign! 

• Thumbs Up 1